“What a cool place to stay!”

Best Western Plus Tree House
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Mount Shasta
Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic
“What a cool place to stay!”
Reviewed 4 April 2013

This is by far one of the BEST Best Westerns I have ever stayed at! The rooms are spacious and the decor makes you feel like you're in a lodge far away....not in a hotel. The lounge is comfortable, with a gracious atmosphere. The owner, Tom (I think) is such a wonderful host, it really made the evening complete. All of the employees were the most pleasant people I think I have ever encountered. The next morning, I walked out of my room to a STUNNING view of Mt. Shasta and Ravens in the tree above....can't say enough about this hotel and can't wait to get back. The town of Shasta will always be special in my heart...the people there are WONDERFUL!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Breakfast below average, not a good flag for a best Western plus. At their price you could expect more.
At 6:00 am the water was cold for the shower, the public bathroom wasn't clean and the bread toaster wasn't fully operational.
Unless it's your only option, I would not recommend that property.

• Stayed March 2013
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This hotel is super close to Mt. Shasta, and even if you are not going to the mountain itself, everything you want is right there at the hotel, however, if you are traveling with a family.

The hotel is nicely decorated (log cabin style), has one of the best steakhouses in town, a bar, an indoor pool, sauna, and jacuzzi, wifi, and lots of lounging areas. I have been there twice now, with different family members, and both times they all loved it. I have also been to cheaper hotels in the area as well (half the price, that have the same breakfast! and same size room, but then you have to leave to go find dinner, etc.)

The breakfast seemed a lot like all the other Best Westerns across the United States that you get when you pay $65.00, so that was a real shame, especially when you are paying almost three times the amount here.

If you are coming during snow season like we have, it is a really nice treat however, not to do anything other than ski/snow board all day, then come back to the lodge, and have everything you need right there.

Room Tip: Stay away from the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Staff was courteous and friendly. The bartender made an excellent Lemondrop for my wife. The property was well kept and the rooms were clean. The only problem I had was a crying dog in somebody's room - pretty inconsiderate I think. The front desk graciously took care of the problem quickly. Overall, I would definitely stay there again. OH, by the way.. the mountain was beautiful!

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
California
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My husband and I stayed here with our 17 year old son. We were comfortable and well fed. Our main activity was snowboarding so we didn't hang out at the hotel all that much but we were impressed with the room and the breakfast. The bar seemed nice though we didn't go there except to borrow a couple of wine glasses to use in our room which the bartender willingly gave me. We will return here on future visits to Mt. Shasta.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Shingle Springs, California
Reviewed 13 March 2013

we were in mount shasta for the high school state ski/snowboard competition. the breakfast buffet was ok, lacked some imagination, especially if you are there for three days in a row. the room was clean and comfortable. I forgot my scarf in the room when we checked out and the staff found it and mailed it back to me, which was greatly appreciated. the hot tub was nice, the pool area was very well kept

Room Tip: ask for an end of corridor room on the second floor which means one less neighbor and quicker access...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Comfort Inn Mount Shasta Area
Mount Shasta Resort
Mount Shasta Resort
#3 of 9 in Mount Shasta

Been to Best Western Plus Tree House? Share your experiences!