“Friendly service, clean, comfortable Room”

Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Newburgh, New York
“Friendly service, clean, comfortable Room”
Reviewed 14 June 2012

What more could you ask for? HGI always offers good value for the business traveler, but the property in Mountain View is better than most. Very friendly staff were pleasant and always looking to help out. Room is standard, which is to say, clean and comfortable but no frills.
A previous reviewer mentioned the quality and comfort of the desk chair, which I echo. A nice touch that makes a big difference. The other item I'll note is that the free wifi in the room was the best I've experienced in a hotel of any level. Signal strength was great whether I was downloading email or streaming video to my iPad. Highly recommended if you need to stay in the area.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mountain View, CA
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Our family members stayed at this hotel for our daughter's graduation. Everything worked out great - rooms, staff, terrific breakfast and location.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Sammamish, WA
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have only stayed at Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View while on business trips. I used to stay at Holiday Inn whenever I'm in the area, but I've since switched to Hilton Garden Inn. Not that Holiday Inn was bad, but HGI is better. Much better. For starter, the decor is much more clean and updated. The bed is nice, pretty standard but nothing to complain about. Staff is nice and courteous too. Wireless internet is complimentary and fast. Never tried the breakfast, so I can't comment there. But what makes me come back to HGI is the CHAIR! Yes, really. I spend quite a lot of time sitting at the work desk finishing up work when I'm back in the hotel room, so having a chair that's comfortable to sit on is really nice. It's just a regular good quality office chair, mind you, but it's amazing how other hotels in this price level aimed at business travelers did not think of equipping their rooms with a decent chair.
I'm sure gonna be back again and again to HGI.

2 Thank soekotjo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I'm here with my husband, who is on business in Sunnyvale. The hotel is no-frills, but has a warm and inviting lobby with soft couches around a fireplace. Business center with two computers and excellent wi-fi, good fitness room, nice pool, great check-in attitude. Bus stop right out front goes to Cal-Train, where you can ride north to San Francisco, or south to San Jose, or many towns in between. I think all the rooms have a microwave and refrigerator. The beds have a dial to set the firmness, with option of setting one side more or less firm than the other side. I was skeptical, but it worked as advertised, and I slept very well. We are on day one of three. I will edit my review if it changes, but so far after the first night, big thumbs up.

California
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I'll preface my review by saying that I used HH points for three of four nights, but chose to pay to stay at this hotel the fourth night, rather than move to a different property, I was so impressed. From the moment I arrived, till I left, I felt at home. Lori, Gary, and Garrett (who I dealt with both at the desk, and as a passenger being shuttled around by each of them during my stay to/from various meetings), Laura, and Francisco (who served me in the restaurant, were all exceptional. I got the sense that each of them were really proud of their hotel. My room was perfectly fine and consistent with what I have come to expect from an HGI. The free internet served my purposes. I have already recommended this hotel to others, and will look forward to staying here again on my next trip through the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Singapore
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Had a brief but comfortable stay of one night here. The room was fairly new, and came complete with a mini refrigerator and a microwave.

Toiletries were a combination of Neutrogena and Bath & Bodyworks which were fantastic! It used to be just Neutrogena in the past.

Room Tip: The elevators are not centrally located, so if you need one close to them do ask for it. Laundry roo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Kansas City
Reviewed 4 May 2012

Spent a couple of nights here on business. The hotel is well maintained and the front desk service was very good. Quick to recommend local dining and very helpful overall.

This is a standard HGI and is clean with a good location. I would recommend a room away from the road to cut down on noise.

There is an outdoor pool, fitness room and business center. Business center was well equipped and functional.

They held a free happy hour on one night with free wine and beer. A nice unexpected touch. Would love to see this on more evenings at HGIs.

They had a suburban onsite and willingly shuttled guest around Mountain View.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View? Share your experiences!