“Slow Internet”

Super 8 Mountain View
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 25 July 2012

There weren't any rooms left in the entire Silicon Valley area, so I stayed here - for $149 per night!
The hotels in the area must have some kind of consortium that allows them to know occupancy rates and adjust room rates based on supply and demand. It's a pretty ratty old hotel with decent updates - the lobby was worse than my room, which was actually pretty nice, and was clean. The walls are thin, and headlights shone in my room at night. I had Internet connectivity issues all of the nights I stayed in the motel, and even did a speed test that gave it a Grade: F worse than 95% of the US!

Room Tip: Not sure there are any. They probably all have thin walls with no sound proofing.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank sydeee

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We stayed here on a Thursday and then on a Sunday night. Prices were cheaper for Sunday -- go figure. We liked our second floor room (210) for the quiet and the fact that it wasn't on the level with the headlights. We liked the extra space of the first floor room (102). Breakfast is pretty bad. Fruit loops or corn flakes, english muffins and a toaster, fruit juice, a few apples, but no microwave for heating the prepackaged Danish. Coffee served via bunn maker, but no one came to refill the empty pot. This was the biggest area of need, as our rooms were clean and quiet. May stay here again and hope breakfast improves a bit! Every other hotel is more than $100 per night and this was 78 and 82 with aaa discount.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank rjrjj
Reviewed 8 August 2011

We stayed here one night as we were attending a concert at Shoreline Ampitheater. The room was spacious and super clean. The best part was the comfy bed and king size pillows on our king bed. Clean and updated, the exterior was freshly painted and landscaped. The interior of our room was nicely appointed and freshly painted. Nice bathroom and had iron/ironing board/hairdryer and coffee.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I stayed here while coming to PA to visit my elderly dad. Just wanted a clean, basic room to sleep in. Very disappointing. The lobby reeks of curry, and my room had a stale, fetid smell, I think from the carpet. When I asked for another room, it smelled the same way. The continental breakfast was a joke--the photo they have showing a table is hilarious. That ONE table is the only one in the lobby. They had corn flakes or Froot Loops, storebought cheap Danish rolls still in the plastic wrap, and nothing else. The maids also turned off the AC whenever they cleaned the rooms so each night I'd return to a stiflingly hot, smelly room.
Would not recommend this one to anyone unless they are desperate.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank TCUFrog96
Reviewed 3 February 2009

At different sites I have seen different reviews for this hotel. In all honesty, this hotel is better than most Super 8 Hotels I have stayed at. It is a relateively old hotel with outside hallways, but the rooms are clean, serviceable, and everything works. Even the internet connection was decent (although I could not get through the firewall for my company's email for some reason).

Breakfast has fruit, cereal, and 2% milk in addition to OJ and coffee. Packaged muffins are also available. The lobby has a computer with a printer (10 cents per page) so you can print out your plane tickets if needed.

Overall, a good hotel for a short busienss stay as needed.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank AcuraT
Reviewed 18 September 2007

I have been staying at this Super 8 since July as I commute for work to the Bay Area. Overall it is a good hotel, I am satisfied. But about a month ago in a specific room after the first night, I broke out in what the physician suspected was allergy hives, which took about 3 weeks to go away. Well I stayed in the same room again, and the same bites appeared throughout the night. I could not believe I was having an allergy reaction again to what, I have no idea...well, I raise the bed covers and to my horror I see these little red brown things scurrying away from the spot on the bed where I had just gotten an itch. Throughout the night I caught about 15-20 bugs, mom and infants. I reported this to the hotel management who informed me at check out that the pest control guy has been contacted. A big shame, really, this is otherwise a great hotel. Unfortunately there were no more rooms to change this time. But last time I changed rooms. Ugh, my first encounter with bed bugs, they are hideous.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank clsort2005-15
A TripAdvisor Member
Washington, DC
Reviewed 15 August 2003

As a contractor, I frequently travel to NASA Ames and always stay at this hotel. I've tried other places, including much more expensive chains, but keep coming back here. The staff is extremely helpful and accomodating, and the owners frequently work at the desk and are very nice. The rooms are kept in excellent condition, and if there is ever a problem it is quickly rectified. Castro street in Mountain View is only a few blocks away and is host to many resturaunts, and there is a Starbucks around the corner.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member