“Good Times”
Review of San Antonio Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mountain View
San Antonio Inn
Reviewed 15 August 2008

Ok, so I go to school in the general vicinity of the San Antonio Inn, and I must say that I have grown to absolutely love this motel. Every time my dad and I fly in we stay here.

So why is it awesome? So check it:
First of all, the prices are pretty damn good.

Second of all, it's an awesome location, whether you feel like doing some shopping, browsing the CD racks of Rasputin Music (which is right next door), renting a movie, or getting a bite to eat (seriously, there's a Chili's, Whole Foods, Trader Joes, Wal-Mart, and Target on the next block) the opportunities are endless!

Clean! The place is clean, the beds are comfy, and yeah, it's true, as the guy who posted before said, it does have some weird fake grass/carpet stuff in the courtyard, but that just adds to it's strangely appealing nature, know what I mean?

The people who work there are also pretty cool - so maybe they're not the most outgoing, but hey, at least they don't bog you down in the lobby w/ stories you honestly don't want to hear. Plus, if you forget something they're super helpful, they even let me go into one of the rooms a couple of days after I had stayed there since I thought I had forgottne my phone charger there.

Oh yeah, the people who stay there: So I've stayed here about 4 (maybe more) times now, and I can definitely say that everytime September rolls around and I have to move back into my dorm, I will definitely be calling my San Antonio peeps up. The people who stay here are definitely of the amusing variety - once I even witnessed a man in drag walking out in the morning...sweet.

So yeah, this place rocks and I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2007
    • Check-in / front desk

Reviewed 19 September 2006

We stayed in this hotel in late July, 2006, largely on the basis of reviews we read here. The AAA gives the hotel 2 stars, but it's really worth just 1--if that. This hotel makes a terrible first impression--its exterior is run-down and beat-up, with dirty and torn outdoor carpeting on the stairs and outdoor corridors. They even have this carpeting in the sad little courtyard in place of grass! The room we stayed in was clean but dark and depressing. TV reception was terrible, though there was a VCR. There was no clock radio but the wake-up call system worked fine. The beds were good, and the location right on the Palo Alto-Mountain View border is very convenient. But overall this is such a grungy, run-down place on the exterior, and so dark and gloomy inside, that it's only a good option if you're on a strict budget.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank CaliforniaPlanner
A TripAdvisor Member
San Simeon, CA
Reviewed 27 February 2006

What we liked: the rooms were clean and spacious, the beds were comfortable.The price was affordable.
what we didn't like: THIN walls - thank goodness the people next door were only interested in chatting together. I could actually hear their conversation.
Poor lighting: couldn't read or work comfortably.
Thin blankets.
LOUD electric heat.
Dirty carpet and tiles outside;tattered astroturf courtyard
Were not informed that breakfast was available.
Were not immediately informed that messages had been left for us.

• Stayed: February 2006, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Palm Springs, CA
Reviewed 23 September 2003

I have travelled up to Mountain View 4 times for concerts at Shoreline.
Every time except the first, I have stayed at The San Antonio Inn. I have found it to be an awesome hotel. (Cable, fridge, microwave, high wood beamed ceilings, privacy, spacious rooms, excellent prices, happy employees...) So much so in fact, that I have already booked my room for a concert I don't have tickets to yet! The hotel is about 10 driving minutes away from Shoreline Ampitheatre and is super easy to find. Staying here is so much better than San Jose or San Fransisco; closer, cheaper, nicer.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member