“Slight disappointment”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was a last minute order done for me, so I might have been disappointed due to higher expectations. The good - regular rooms are fine, not too big though. There is a coffee machine (capsules) but no mini bar/fridge. To get the small fridge they moved me to a different accessible room where the bath was slightly odd to use. Other things - the desk is small and inconvenient to work at. Breakfast was very basic, but there is hot coffee 24/7 at the reception. Parking is free as well as WiFi.
They're renovating (say that the rooms are done), but that didn't cause much discomfort.

I wouldn't choose this hotel again if on business trip, but if the price is not too high I'd consider it for personal travel.

1  Thank traveller34540
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, I want to apologize that your stay was less then satisfactory with us. I am sorry that you found your room small, we offer several different room types from single queens to large king superior rooms which vary in size and include micro-fridge wet bars. Please note that we take your comments seriously and will use them to better the guest experience. Our room renovation is complete and our breakfast lounge and fitness center should be complete by months end ( June 2013). We look forward to the opportunity to have you back, please contact me directly to set up your next reservation so I can ensure your stay with us is perfect.

Director of Operation
Dhruv@hotelvue.com

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Loved the location actually, on a main street with plenty of food choices within a mile. But just off the main street is a beautiful suburban area - great for walks and jogs. I can't completely put my finger on it, but this hotel had the kind of sparse but comfortable style I've seen in good (not luxury) hotels in Asia and Europe. Rooms are partially tiled. There's a desk and good wifi. In-room Keurig coffee, plus full breakfast downstairs, included.
They say they'll have an exercise room in June - hope so!
There are still signs of construction going on. The recent renovations I would guess were mostly skin-deep (e.g. thick new paint, but not new walls). But certainly clean and comfortable.
Still - outrageously expensive for a mid-range hotel room. Silicon Valley availability is going down and prices going up!

Room Tip: I was on the busy street side and it was still quiet enough for good sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. The hotel benefits from a great location close to many dining options and corporate headquarters as you mentioned. We are excited about the completion of our fitness center by the end of June, and look forward to having you back to enjoy it at that time. Our common area renovations will also be completed by the end of this month and our guests will have a beautiful and modern lobby lounge to relax and enjoy our complimentary buffet breakfast in. I am sorry you found pricing to be "outrageously expensive", our area can get busy from time to time but certainly reach out to the hotel directly to receive our best rates. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed at Hotel Vue for 2 nights..and I was totally impressed by everything the hotel provided .. from phone booking to welcoming me at the reception, the staff was very friendly and customer service was beyond what I have expected.The room was very clean, I really liked the layout of the room. The bathroom was impeccable.
I would give my thumbs up to the lovely morning breakfast laid out by them. Everything was just perfect! Hotel Vue truly was a " a travelers retreat" ! Definitely will come back next time I'm in the area!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you complimentary review about our hotel, our staff strives to provide our guests with exceptional service so I will be sure to pass your compliments along to them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

First off, I'm usually not one to write reviews about places. I do a lot of work in the Valley and I'm always looking out for a quality place to stay. I've come to the point where I know if it's going to be a quality hotel/experience the moment I walk in, and with Hotel Vue that was indeed the case. Between the accommodations, service and location this place has it all. My search is over, I will be staying here from now on.

1  Thank DanTheTechGuy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us some feedback, we greatly appreciate it! Your compliments will be passed along to our staff, they really enjoy hearing great feedback like this. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and appreciate your business!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I went here with my mom a few weeks ago to tour the Stanford campus. She is what most people like to call "high maintenance." No matter how amazing the hotel, she always wants extra towels, soap, and coffee. Thank goodness for the kind people working at this hotel. It was no problem to get my mom the extra things she wanted. They even brought a couple of extra towels knowing we would be there for two days. The hotel was close to campus. We plan to come back to Hotel Vue again, next time we come to campus.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel, our staff works hard to go the extra mile and accommodate each and every guest request when possible. We are located very close to Stanford University, a short drive straight down the El Camino. We look forward to having you back on your next visit to campus!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I didn't know what to expect when I booked this place but I was very impressed. I was in Mountain View for almost a week while on work at Stanford. Not going to Mountain View a lot, I chose this hotel based on it's location and what I had seen online. I was very pleased. The hotel appears to have undergone a major facelift and the rooms are very nice (think Hampton Inn and suites). The beds were amongst the most comfortable hotel beds that I have stayed in. The room had all new amenities and was very clean. The staff was courteous and helpful. They recommended a very good Indian restaurant, Amber Indian (trip advisor review to come!), on El Camino. It was delicious! In and Out burger is also a stones throw away. All-in-all the hotel was great! The nice rooms and great location make this an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to provide us with feedback, we are thrilled you found our hotel to be a pleasant surprise. We have recently changed all of our mattresses to brand new double pillow tops with premium linens and bedding to ensure the utmost in guest comfort. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure the property is spotless, I will pass along your compliments to them they will be thrilled! We have recently undergone a major room renovation with our common area renovation finishing at the end of June. We are very excited about our new look and can’t wait to have you here again!

Reviewed 28 April 2013

In Silicon Vally on business from London. Stayed at the Vue for five nights in late April 2013. Newly re-named and newly refurbished, the Vue is a great place from which to make an easy commute to any of the Valley towns. It is situated where highways 85, 101, and 237 meet. You can be in San Francisco in an hour or less, in the mountains within a few minutes and down on the coast with the surfer dudes within 45 minutes. What's more it is a pleasant 15 minute walk from the hotel to downtown Mountain View with its bars, restaurants, coffee bars, book stores and (remarkable this for small town USA), a proper regular rail link and train service to San Francisco from a charming little railroad station. All this and generally beautiful weather almost the whole year round.

The hotel is just three stories in height, the public areas are pleasantly- and well-furnished, as are the private rooms. The place is clean - indeed it is genuinely spick and span - and has lots of free parking. The staff are friendly and very obliging. A free breakfast (cereals, scambled eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, French toast, croissants, pain au chocolat, yogurt, orange and apple juice etc., and (again and remarkably for most US small hotels - and far too many of the big ones too) with excellent coffee that actually tastes as if it is made from coffee beans rather than Boston baked beans, comes with the (eminently reasonable) price of the room.

The rooms are big and very well-appointed and come with free fast wireless broadband Internet access My bed was wonderfully comfortable, the bathroom amenities are fine and the environs are up-market and very safe indeed.

My only cavil is that the Vue sits right alongside the roar of the hugely busy El Camino Real - the road that never sleeps. It can have that effect on you too. Massive great Mack trucks revving through the intersection at half three in the morning are not conducive to a good nights sleep, unless, of course, you usually live in Manhattan. So I urge you to ask for a room at the back if you want to get more than four hours decent kip.

That said, there is nothing else not to like at the new Vue. It is a veritable gem and stands head and shoulders above the many established hotel chains that charge very high prices for very average standards of accommodation and services in many other Valley locations. These smug establishments have grown all too used to a captive, expenses account clientele and it is high time they had some serious competition - and that is what the Vue provides.

The best of luck to the new Vue. I'll be back in September.

PS.Mountain View isn't a big place but its ambience and facilities knock the likes of San Jose (a dull place with an over-inflated sense of self-importance and a "nightlife" that is all too often shuttered by nine thirty at night), into the proverbial cocked hat.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank OldSalopian

Dear Old Salopian,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel, we truly appreciate the time you took to give such detailed and well thought out feedback. As you mentioned our hotel benefits from a wonderful location. We are centrally located to almost every major Silicon Valley company and walking distance to downtown Mountain View. Thank you for your compliments about the cleanliness of our facility, I will make sure to pass that along to our cleaning staff they will be thrilled to hear your praise! I am glad you got to enjoy our full hot buffet breakfast, it is a big hit with many of our guests. As you mentioned we have gone through a major facelift and are very proud of our new look, all guest room and hotel amenities were crafted with guest convenience and comfort in mind. Our brand new double top pillow mattresses and high speed fiber optic internet connection have also been well received by many. We look forward to seeing you again in September, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your stay with us.

dhruv@hotelvue.com