“Hotel Vue”
Review of Hotel Vue

Hotel Vue
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 2 July 2013

The location is on El Camino road so I wouldn't call it a glamorous location but for this business purpose, location was ok...
I rated the sleep quality average because of the location on El camino Road, Beds and matresses are good quality though.
Pretty safe and piazza across the road where you can easily shop.
Good hotel with good service, clean rooms.

As they were refurbishing the breakfast room, they had set a temporary one so Im not able to comment on the quality of breakfast since I didn't feel like having it in this room...but the day I left , they were opening the new one and it looked nice.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MawDParis
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank for you taking time to review our hotel, many guests find our location central to major Silicon Valley corporations and restaurants. Our mattresses are a big hit with our guests, each one is brand new and boasts a double pillow top padding! I will pass your compliments about the cleanliness and service on to our staff, they will be delighted to hear you had a positive experience. As you noticed the new breakfast room is now open along with the business center. Our State of the Art fitness center opens next week and we are very excited! We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to the Silicon Valley.

Thank you for your business.

dhruv@hotelvue.com

There are newer reviews for Hotel Vue

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This is nice little hotel for the money. It's not fancy. For example, the bathroom floor is plain flooring rather than tiles and the bathroom is quite small, with the vanity outside in an alcove of the main room. But the hotel is extremely clean and maintained by someone who clearly takes pride in their facility. When I arrived, my key card was already made up and a welcome sheet with general hotel information was already printed with my name at the top. Not a big deal, but indicative of a guest-friendly attitude. I have to believe that Twozzie's review was written prior to a recent repainting/refurbishment, as I found both the overall hotel and my room in general to be clean and fresh and the public areas were quite bright--brighter than your typical chain hotel for that matter. The carpet seemed brand new (June '13), so much so that it did emanate a little of that new carpet smell, which I don't particularly care for but it's only in the hallway. It is true that the lighting in the room was a little sparse. One thing I found lacking was a desk lamp at the work table. But Wifi was free and worked just fine. Complimentary breakfast wasn't a big spread, but did have hot eggs and some sausage plus other cold items in addition to coffee and juice.

The hotel is on a street that gets a fair amount of traffic, but I had a room in the back (Room 205) and it was quiet. I didn't hear noise from any others of the guests, neither in the hall nor in adjacent rooms, and only the faintest of traffic sounds. I could believe that rooms facing the street would be a little noisy. I booked Hotel Vue through Priceline Express Deals at a total cost (incl. taxes, etc) of $150 per night for two nights.

As of the time I was there (June '13) the hotel was in the process of finishing up their fitness facility, new breakfast room and business center, so I can't comment on those.

In short, a basic hotel but a very comfortable one to be in.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the back; there might be street noise in the front.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank UpperWestSideRon
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive review of our hotel, we appreciate the time you have taken to give us your opinion. I will pass along your compliments about the friendly service and cleanliness of our facility. Our staff takes great pride in what they do so they will be excited to hear your feedback. We have installed brand new desk lamps with extra accessible power outlets in each of our guest rooms since your last stay and have just finished up our new breakfast room and business center. The fitness center finishes next week and we couldn't be more excited! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back.

dhruv@hotelvue.com

Reviewed 29 May 2013

This was a last minute order done for me, so I might have been disappointed due to higher expectations. The good - regular rooms are fine, not too big though. There is a coffee machine (capsules) but no mini bar/fridge. To get the small fridge they moved me to a different accessible room where the bath was slightly odd to use. Other things - the desk is small and inconvenient to work at. Breakfast was very basic, but there is hot coffee 24/7 at the reception. Parking is free as well as WiFi.
They're renovating (say that the rooms are done), but that didn't cause much discomfort.

I wouldn't choose this hotel again if on business trip, but if the price is not too high I'd consider it for personal travel.

1  Thank traveller34540
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking time to review our hotel, I want to apologize that your stay was less then satisfactory with us. I am sorry that you found your room small, we offer several different room types from single queens to large king superior rooms which vary in size and include micro-fridge wet bars. Please note that we take your comments seriously and will use them to better the guest experience. Our room renovation is complete and our breakfast lounge and fitness center should be complete by months end ( June 2013). We look forward to the opportunity to have you back, please contact me directly to set up your next reservation so I can ensure your stay with us is perfect.

Director of Operation
Dhruv@hotelvue.com

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Loved the location actually, on a main street with plenty of food choices within a mile. But just off the main street is a beautiful suburban area - great for walks and jogs. I can't completely put my finger on it, but this hotel had the kind of sparse but comfortable style I've seen in good (not luxury) hotels in Asia and Europe. Rooms are partially tiled. There's a desk and good wifi. In-room Keurig coffee, plus full breakfast downstairs, included.
They say they'll have an exercise room in June - hope so!
There are still signs of construction going on. The recent renovations I would guess were mostly skin-deep (e.g. thick new paint, but not new walls). But certainly clean and comfortable.
Still - outrageously expensive for a mid-range hotel room. Silicon Valley availability is going down and prices going up!

Room Tip: I was on the busy street side and it was still quiet enough for good sleep.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bhotels, General Manager at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. The hotel benefits from a great location close to many dining options and corporate headquarters as you mentioned. We are excited about the completion of our fitness center by the end of June, and look forward to having you back to enjoy it at that time. Our common area renovations will also be completed by the end of this month and our guests will have a beautiful and modern lobby lounge to relax and enjoy our complimentary buffet breakfast in. I am sorry you found pricing to be "outrageously expensive", our area can get busy from time to time but certainly reach out to the hotel directly to receive our best rates. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I stayed at Hotel Vue for 2 nights..and I was totally impressed by everything the hotel provided .. from phone booking to welcoming me at the reception, the staff was very friendly and customer service was beyond what I have expected.The room was very clean, I really liked the layout of the room. The bathroom was impeccable.
I would give my thumbs up to the lovely morning breakfast laid out by them. Everything was just perfect! Hotel Vue truly was a " a travelers retreat" ! Definitely will come back next time I'm in the area!

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Bhotels, Director of Operations at Hotel Vue, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you complimentary review about our hotel, our staff strives to provide our guests with exceptional service so I will be sure to pass your compliments along to them. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

First off, I'm usually not one to write reviews about places. I do a lot of work in the Valley and I'm always looking out for a quality place to stay. I've come to the point where I know if it's going to be a quality hotel/experience the moment I walk in, and with Hotel Vue that was indeed the case. Between the accommodations, service and location this place has it all. My search is over, I will be staying here from now on.

1  Thank DanTheTechGuy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to give us some feedback, we greatly appreciate it! Your compliments will be passed along to our staff, they really enjoy hearing great feedback like this. We look forward to seeing you in the near future and appreciate your business!

Reviewed 30 April 2013

I went here with my mom a few weeks ago to tour the Stanford campus. She is what most people like to call "high maintenance." No matter how amazing the hotel, she always wants extra towels, soap, and coffee. Thank goodness for the kind people working at this hotel. It was no problem to get my mom the extra things she wanted. They even brought a couple of extra towels knowing we would be there for two days. The hotel was close to campus. We plan to come back to Hotel Vue again, next time we come to campus.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rebecca S

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary review of our hotel, our staff works hard to go the extra mile and accommodate each and every guest request when possible. We are located very close to Stanford University, a short drive straight down the El Camino. We look forward to having you back on your next visit to campus!