“Had a fantastic time” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Vue

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel Vue
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
“Had a fantastic time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

My room was great, and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful.
Santy was the employee there the majority of my stay and was always eager to assist my group and me with any questions we had. He was very friendly, and enjoyed just having conversations with us!
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the silicon valley area.
(Also there are plenty of dining options, quick stops, and even a grocery store within walking distance)

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor (room 105) and it was very spacious, and I assume it was handicap access...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed in one of the king suites, and the room was generously sized, with a desk comfortable for sitting at for a few hours, plentiful outlets by the bed for recharging various electronics, and, as a welcome surprise, a small refrigerator. Somewhat oddly, the sink was outside the bathroom, with no towels near at hand, nor a place to hang one after you grab it from the bathroom. That said, the sink and its mirror had good lighting, which I found helpful during my morning shave.

Most surprising of all was the stunning speed of the free wifi. I've acclimated to getting crappy wifi whenever I stay in a hotel, but in this case I was able to stream some TV shows from Netflix at peak evening hours with no problem at all. Oh, yeah, and I was able to get some work done, too.

I will stay here every time I come to Mountain View if they have a room available.

Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Wow..let me digest how excellent and attentive the staff and manager are..they made me feel welcome by greeting me by my name which I love ..great customer service. .my checkin and check out was memorable great rooms I must say loved everthing about rooms and amenities. .housekeeping excellent..I wud recommend this place to anyone coming over..cannot miss that die for friendly manager Avinesh Gounder you are the reason why I would definitely share this place with friends n family's. ..keep that excellent professional personality...can we clone Avinesh as need some of him in hotels here in Arizona. ..all the best Hotel Vue

• Stayed August 2014
Walnut Creek, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Friday night and was greeted by very friendly staff. I was informed that the entire hotel was renovated and was pleasantly surprised for what I got at the price I got. I stayed in room 214, the superior king room. I would recommend this place seeing as it is a great deal for what you get. I wouldn't be surprised if they raised their prices soon. But regardless, the super friendly staff sold me on this place. I commend all the workers that made my stay pleasant.

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We experienced a real dive the night before and thus, were determined to find something much better the night we booked Hotel Vue. It was pure luxury in comparison and despite the ability to hear the girl's conversation in the next room, once I knocked a couple times she was quiet and we were all able to sleep very well. I liked the bathroom toiletries which didn't wreak my hair and felt for the price this was a very good place to be near Facebook and Google headquarters. The staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is par for the course and hit the spot. The rooms were very nicely appointed. Don't tell too many others because we want to be able to stay here again and not have it booked up.:)

Sleep Quality
Louisville, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I spent two nights at the Hotel Vue last month and found it to be a good hotel, but the found the service to be the most noteworthy part. I really appreciated the breakfast, which I thought was just fine. I didn't eat the eggs, but the oatmeal and fruit was tasty.

The two gentlemen at the front desk that I interacted with were both very helpful. The first person was super helpful about the shuttle bus going to the Google Campus, and the second helped me track down a nice place to run. I appreciated it a lot!

One thing though, we were told we could walk downtown to the main street where all the restaurants are. It's actually quite far, so if you decide to do it, wear your comfiest shoes!

Also, the hotel was nice and quiet, which I really appreciated as it is on a relatively busy street, and I was unsure if that would be the case.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I picked this because of price and proximity to my kids as well as a supposedly renewed property. In this case I got less than I paid for.

The hotel has been "renovated," but what that means is unclear, except perhaps for the sort of nice vanity sink and a decent bed. The hallways and room have a dark, unwelcoming feel. The room was quite small for the king sized bed.

The hotel has no lobby to speak of, a Spartan breakfast area, and a tiny front desk staffed by people of varying professionalism--one at a time, which means that if the staff person is off doing some chore nobody is at home. The parking is very limited, and the rear parking lot was extremely--dangerously--dark. When I was there the room key did not open the back door, which is out of sight from the front desk. The options were (a) pound on the door; (b) arrive to find it totally open to all and sundry. When I remarked that that was not so safe, the staffer responded that it was necessary because the keys don't work in it. Somehow that didn't seem to me to be the most enlightened response.

I was informed by the manager that the rear door problem is being addressed. However that doesn't do much to improve the uncomfortable feel of the property. El Camino is sort of a roller coaster as to hotels, and this one was definitely a low.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Vue? Share your experiences!