“Staff friendly and efficient, hotel conveniently located...”

Ramada Mountain View
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My husband and I booked this room for 3 nights, as our apartment was being fumigated. It was a little less than the Extended Stay and the pictures looked nice.

Unfortunately, the pictures were not truthful. The room was old and the blanket between the sheets was stained beyond recognition. I had to hit the door with my shoulder just to open it. There was also no closet. There was a jacuzzi tub that didn't work and made the bathroom way too small.

We booked online for two nights (with notes that we were bringing our two cats, as it was a motel OK with pets) and then added a third (again making sure that the cats were OK and that it was three nights). The woman on the phone said three nights + cats (after way too long and confused a conversation).

The place is crappy, but the breakfast is decent, so I try to deal. Then on the third day, the front desk woman called to tell me that we had only booked for Mon & Tues (nights) and there weren't supposed to be any cats. She accused us of lying and that they were fully booked on the last day, so couldn't let us stay. I was angry, of course, and the woman told me their was no reason to be upset. Of course I was upset, she was trying to kick us out of the place we had rightfully booked. Finally she caved on letting us stay, but immediately hung up after. She really needs to go for a hospitality degree/certificate b/c she is the worst I have found in my life of traveling via hostels and hotels.

Their in-house system did not connect to the online bookings, which is where the mix-up originated (original online booking and then a call to add a night). She said there was not online booking or email, but, again of course, I had the email of the original booking.

I had a horrible stay there and am happy to never have to go there again. I hope no one else goes there either.

Room Tip: Don't book here. We got the "best" room and it was awful. Also, it is right next to th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GWilliams85
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I always thought the Ramada brand signified some sort of quality - how naive of me.

I stayed for 3 nights while on business. The hotel is in the middle of nowhere, looks like those old motels, feels old and dirty (although it was likely cleaned, it still felt like there was some old dirt buildup that you can't clean away). Not at all justifies the price - around $160/night - good thing it was a business expense.

The good ("the OK" would be a more fitting title):
- room cleaned every day, bad made, towels changed.
- stuff was OK (I only spoke with them twice), but they managed to make me feel bad for not realizing that the check-in was at 3:00pm (I arrived from the airport at 12:30pm).

The bad:
- Terrible terrible WiFi: long latency, disconnects, disappears from the WiFi list (even during non-peak hours)
- Unsatisfying breakfast: exactly the same blank food every day, stale bread, bruised apples (and no other fruit), no yogurt, only 6 tables and I haven't once seen them clean the tables
- Hair dryer only worked on "low" - the rest were broken
- TV remote was not native to the TV so screen ratio function was not available.
- Bath tub had dirty scum that was probably impossible to clean because of the rough surface to prevent slipping.
- Shower head was dirty-looking and rusty and water pressure was abysmal.
- Parking was limited - I returned late one night and barely managed to squeeze in to the last parking lot (which is much narrower than usual).

The ugly:
- Looks like old Motel 6 style motels
- Right near the highway, but otherwise in the middle of nowhere.
- Downright ugly place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Campinas
Reviewed 27 September 2013

The room was clean, except for a few nasty stains in the carpet. Coming from a Motel 6 it was definitely a step up, anyway. Beds were comfortable enough for a good night of sleep.
Breakfast was ok too, I would even say above average, considering I don't really expect much when staying in motels like this. All things considered I think it's ok, but it didn't justify what we paid ($100/night with tax).

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Brentwood, California
Reviewed 23 September 2013

This Ramada is horrible. When we walked in we felt that we just walked in a run down Motel 6. This is not a great place to stay. The front desk people were rude. The room smelled bad, and it was not what was showen on the website.

Room Tip: do not go here
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
#6 of 18 in Mountain View
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Ramada Mountain View? Share your experiences!