Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
US$162
Hotels.com
Hotel Strata(Mountain View)
US$451
Hotel Vue(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$167
Official Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$217
US$202
GardenInn.com
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$340
Hotels.com
Hotel Zico(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$231
Super 8 Mountain View(Mountain View)
US$131
US$177
US$277
US$265
HIExpress.com
US$329
US$313
Residence Inn
All reviewsetch a sketchrubik's cubetootsie rollshandwritten notehand writtensilicon valleyfree breakfastbreakfast roomboutique hotelhousekeeping stafflittle touchespool and hot tubel caminobusiness tripfresh fruitbusiness traveleroatmeal
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Hotel Avante is first-class and their employees know how to treat customers with quality customer service. We've stayed there twice in the past 9 months and each visit was met with very efficient check-in, a clean and comfortable room and fine breakfast amenities. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Stanford University and only about 5 minutes from downtown Mountain View. Many good restaurants only minutes away from Hotel Avante too.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for an incredible review and the 5 stars. It's great to see that on two separate occasions you received top notch service. It is our goal to be consistent and I'm so pleased to see we were. I agree there are some great restaurants not far away at all. Some in Sunnyvale and some in Mountain View. If you are a meat eater they just opened a new Paul Martin not far from the hotel. Thank you again for the wonderful review and taking the time to write it.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have been back to Hotel Avante 3 times in the last year- Emanuel is a fantastic employee and made things incredibly comfortable and warming for us. Such a nice person-

We also love the blue paint in the rooms along with the carpet. It is all set up very nicely!

-Megan and Cate-

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank missmegan48
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hello Megan and Cate,

Thank you for the fantastic shout out to Emanuel, that was very nice of you. We think he is great too! I will share this note with him and thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. I hope you don't mind, but we are installing new carpet in the entire hotel. Let me know what you think of the new carpet!

Reviewed 26 January 2014

The staff at this hotel was great. They were very professional but were friendly too. It was evident that they wanted my stay to be enjoyable. I liked the fact that the décor was not cookie cutter or sterile like you find in many places these days. The mid century modern theme was fun. The breakfast in the morning was good but the dining area is very small and crowded. A bit larger space would help a lot. I will stay there again should I need to return to the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and yes we are not "cookie cutter!" We pride ourselves on being genuine and not too box like. Thank you for all your wonderful comments and I agree sometimes the breakfast room can be crowded. I wish we could expand it, but there really isn't room to do so. Maybe would could remove the business center? Thanks for the ideas.

Best,

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We were on our way from LA to San Francisco and we needed to decide where to stay before our arrival. We have already booked in SF the Hotel Tomo, which belongs to the a chain of boutique hotels called Joie de Vivre. Checking their site, we found a good rate at the Avante and made the reservation. The hotel is located in Mountain View, roughly 50 min from downtown SF. The hotel was better than expected, rooms were nicely furnished with a modern look, free parking, staff was friendly, and the rate included a breakfast that exceeded our expectations. It was a great preview to our stay at the Tomo in SF. I would recommend it to anyone needing to stay near Mountain View for business or on its way to SF.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mauricio76
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Thank you for enjoying our hotel and sharing your comments! I'm so pleased you appreciated the breakfast as we do try to add a lot of variety. The Tomo is another great hotel in our JDV Hotel collection and I am really happy you took the time to review our website, jdvhotels.com. Thank you again and have a great day.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

This place is way below standard for the price of the room. I reserved a "deluxe king" for $225 a night before taxes - there was a terrible musty odor in the room when I arrived. (The windows have clearly not been opened in a while.) The toilet had no water in the basin upon arrival and did not look clean. Maintenance came right away to fix it; apparently it needed to be plunged. There were random hairs around the bathroom and bedside table. The carpet was worn and dirty. This room was clearly not inspected after it was "cleaned." I am checking out a night early and moving to the Hilton Garden Inn, a lovely small and clean hotel down the block on El Camino where I typically stay. It was sold out but they managed to find me a room. The staff at the Avante was extremely nice but who wants to pay good money to stay in a smelly, less than clean room without a functioning toilet? The creepy, low-lit entrance outside covered in blue Christmas lights doesn't do them any favors.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Hello Carrie L.

I am so sorry that the room was not fully inspected and the toilet fixed before your arrival. You are 100% correct that should have been address before you were checked in. I have already followed up with our team as that is not up to our usual high standards. The good news is we are replacing all the carpet in the hotel and the vanities starting in Feb. 25th. We understand and agree they need to be replaced. Again, we are so sorry we did not live up to your or our standards. As you can see by other reviews we really do care about cleanliness.

Robin