“Truly a Boutique Hotel!!!!”

Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Fontana, California
“Truly a Boutique Hotel!!!!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

we were suppose to stay at The Marriot but this hotel was referred to us a a party planner.At first,I was hesitant,not familiar with the name.But lo and behold! Was so impressed. It was very cozy,room was perfect,everything you need plus a lot of extras. Would recommend this place to everyone visiting the area. Great location. Great breakfast.Staff was very friendly. I would say that the amenitieas are comparable to some 5 star hotels in Vegas. Definitely will come back and stay here again or any Joie De Vivre Hotels.

Room Tip: If you are 5 or more, would suggest an adjoining room.Just perfect!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Hello Zita,

Thank you so very much for the lovely review. There is nothing better than over delivering our service and product to our valued guest. The 5 stars and the fact that you will recommend us to others is wonderful. I'm glad you are a fan of JDV hotels, it's a great company and hope you have a chance to visit many of our properties.

Robin Donovan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 May 2014

By comfort standards this is your just above average hotel. The attitude this hotel brings puts it on par with any 5 star hotel out there. Easy to get to easy to get out. The staff was wonderful, witty and fun just to talk with.

!st the rooms are funky. Not funky like bad, but funky like FUN! I have added some pics. I loved coming home at night to my hotel. If you need a place to hang your coat and change while you run to google, or the computer museum, or the Cantor Art Center (Stanford museum.) this is your place. A fair price for a pretty awesome and funky fun room and fun polite staff.

Room Tip: Nothing fancy, just a clean room with some fun decor.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tony K
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
We love that you love us! It is really cool that you get our vibe. We are trying to give fantastic service in a non-cookie cutter atmosphere. Great tips about Google and other things that are close to us. Thank you so much for sharing and we can't wait for your return....we will work really hard to earn that 5th star!

Robin
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Great location for quickly getting around the MV and San Jose area quickly. Close enough to anything you will need. Staff was great and the rooms were perfect for a short stay. Fridge, thinking games, desk, and a well groomed landscape. Just a few of the nice touches they provided. The infused water and wine was just a bonus. They appreciate their guest, and that was a change for me. It was a unique pleasure. Oh, and breakfast was just right. They even had Nori!

Room Tip: 111 had a good view and access to the pool. 1 King bed.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
I know, who has Nori on a free breakfast....we do that's who! Thank you for the 5 stars and for sharing your thoughts with everyone. We truly enjoy making our guests happy and we can't wait until you return.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed with family and relatives at this hotel from 17th to 19th May.Primarily to visit and tour San Fransico and visit some friends in the Bay Area.Thehotel served the purpose admirably and proved to be the just the right kind of place.It had all the basic amenities,very helpful staff,free and Fast Wi Fi, great breakfast and just the right setting.
what I liked the,particularly was its ambience,the in room amenities and very creative service-like the breakfast timing started at 5-30 on a week day as against 7-00 AM on a week end.
Me and my Family will choose no other place when we visit Bay Area again-probably in six months time.

Room Tip: Ask for a double bed room-Just the perfect size and amenities
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thoughtful and creative...I think the words you selected fit us perfectly. Thank you for the excellent review and so happy we could take care of your family. We love feedback and thank you for noticing we do our best to work around what we think guests will need. We look forward to your next visit and we will work really hard to get that 5th star!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

I continue going here because I feel at home here. The small touches and friendly staff, as well as the comfortable rooms and amenities make it very easy to stay here and enjoy a peaceful night's sleep. I wish they had room service, but they otherwise go out of their way to make it a great experience.

Room Tip: Bring a swimsuit for the heated pool. Pick up dinner on the way to the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for loving our hotel! Your words are very kind and we are so thrilled to be your home away from home. I too wished we had full room service, that would help a lot. We have no real kitchen to speak of so we make due with the few salads and sandwiches that we offer 24/7. Thank you again for such a positive review and we look forward to your next visit.

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 15 May 2014

When visiting Stanford, I often stay in Mountain View as you have a number of nice 3-star hotels. This was my first time at Hotel Avante and I was impressed. Comfortable beds, clean rooms and common areas, super-friendly staff, GREAT free Wi-Fi, good free breakfast with fresh fruit cut up.

I'll be back.

The only minor negative thing I can think of is the breakfast area was not staffed. Every morning I was there something ran out and wasn't refilled. Put someone on it, and I'd call it a perfect stay. (And please, Greek yogurt instead of highly sugared yogurt is something all breakfasts should have!)

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one... great undisturbed night sleep
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mywebss
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Hello Mywebss,

Thanks for the 5 stars and the great tip about the Greek yogurt. I will talk to the team about that and making sure we are on top of the refilling of product. Glad you had a good nights sleep as that is a precious thing! We hope you return soon and thanks for the feedback.

Sacramento, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I have been to the San Jose area a handful of times in the last few months for leisurely things like concerts and just to get away. My girlfriend and i love the area and can't seem to get enough of it. I originally found Hotel Avante via Expedia.com. The reviews i read and the pictures i saw made HA seem like a pretty legit place and given the price we decided to check it out. BEST DECISION EVER!!!! With an extremely friendly and welcoming staff along with the awesome modern vibes, Hotel Avante soon became our new favorite spot to be whenever we come to the area. Unless it (H.A.) were to close down or something ( God forbid ) there is no other reason for us to choose any other hotel. I rated this hotel 5 stars but only cause there wasn't an "Infinity" option haha. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone from singles to families. OH and did i mention the full catered breakfast?!?! LEGIT!!!!

Moral of the story? If you go to the San Jose area and stay anywhere BESIDES Hotel Avante, you're a fool. So do yourself a favor, and check this place out. You won't be disappointed :)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David H
WOW David, that is one of the most amazing reviews I have ever read! Thank you so much for the raves! I am over-joyed that you love our hotel as much as we do. The staff will be thrilled to read this and to know their care and hard work pays off. Their goal is to give every guest an amazing experience and it looks like they succeeded with you. We are glad to be your go to hotel and book direct with us so we can insure you get that one on one with the hotel every time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!