“Quite nice”

Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Orlando, Florida
“Quite nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I visited this hotel for business recently and really liked it. While the room was on the small side, it was well appointed, comfortable very clean and very quiet. The staff were really great and the free breakfast offered lots of options. I loved how the cleaner left me little notes each day and small candies too. : ) I like to avoid the cookie cutter chains and stay at places like this so it was a perfect fit for me. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
We are definitely not a cookie cutter hotel, and we love to see that we hit the mark on your recent stay. I am also personally pleased to see that the staff was friendly and attentive to your needs. We aim to provide the highest level of service and if we can have you back to earn a 5th star on your next review we will do so to our fullest! Warm Regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

When I first walked into the lobby in San Jose, CA, I was not that impressed with the decor of the lobby.
But then I experienced the very impressive service, the outstanding customer care and the attention to detail from all the employees at the Hotel.
I was generously taken care of by all levels of the staff-from the Housekeeping leaving notes, to the front desk leaving messages of welcome on the phone to the Manager purchasing my favorite drink (Cherry Coke) when they didn't have it and leaving it in my room and everything in between.
I couldn't have asked for a more attentive, generous and nurturing group of people.
Not only did I feel that I was the only person at the Hotel but that they really made the effort to make me feel like I was at home.
Since being back, I have talked about this level of service to everyone I have contact with as an example of customer care and the level loyalty from me from now on.
You couldn't pay me to go to any other Hotel after this.
Thank you Hotel Avante!
You ROCK!
Janet Reiner,
Seattle, WA

Room Tip: The room I had was on the 4th floor and it was quiet. I don't know about the other rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Janet R
I am so happy to have read your review! This is exactly the level of service that we strive tor provide every guest. If we can have you back for another 5 star review worthy stay, just give the word and we'll confirm that reservation for you! :)
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The hotel is very clean. Staffs are very kind. Breakfast is excellent, there are many good foods. Moreover, the price is quite low. I strongly recommend this hotel in Mountain View. I will chose Avante in next trip.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words and excellent review! We hope that you enjoyed yourself enough to visit us again sooner rather than later, and we appreciate the return patronage. I am happy to see that the staff interactions and breakfast exceeded your expectations! Warm Regards!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I booked this as I had had a great stay at another Joie de Vivre hotel in Palm Springs so decided to try this one. I couldn't recommend enough. The rooms are spacious and clean whilst being quirky and a little different. There is a comprehensive free breakfast in the morning which was good as well. The service was good, quick and very friendly. If you are needing somewhere to stay in Mountain view/ Palo Alto/ Cupertino area, I would recommend this one, you wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
We love that you loved it!~ Thank you so much for your positive review! We hope that you are able to stay with us again sooner rather than later for a longer more leisurely stay! Until then, safe travels!
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I went to Mountain view with my husband on an official trip. We stayed there for 18days and I must say it was an excellent stay. Not a single day was there that I can complain of anything..
Breakfast, housekeeping staff, cleanliness, front office people, etc.. all were just perfect !
Everyday housekeeping lady used to keep chocolates in our room !
In weekdays between 6pm to 8pm they used to keep free beer and wine with cheese, grapes, etc.!
We would definitely like to visit there again !

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ruchi M
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
WOW, 18 days and a 5 star rating, who could ask for more. I am so pleased the team made sure your lengthy stay was excellent for you. It is hard to be away from home for that long, so I am glad we could took care of you. You deserve the best and we are thrilled to supply it. Thank you so much for your fantastic comments!

All the best to you,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I really liked this hotel. I was attending a conference at Stanford all week, and had a hard time finding an affordable hotel in the area. While the prices are steep in Silicon Valley and this hotel is no exception, it is a very well-run place. My room was very clean and quiet, especially considering it overlooked El Camino Real, a major road. The staff are friendly and helpful, and go out of their way with nice little "extras", like chocolate in your room each night along with handwritten notes (one night I even got a bag of trail mix, which hit the spot). The breakfast is pretty good - scrambled eggs, homemade oatmeal, cereal, hard-boiled eggs, bacon and sausage, fresh fruit, etc. I didn't have time to use the pool unfortunately, but it looked nice. The fitness room is a bit small and it would be nice if they added an additional treadmill, but it does the job if you want to squeeze in a quick workout. Overall, I recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for the 5 stars and for taking the time to share your experience. I am always so happy to hear the staff really took care of you during your visit. They try to do a little more than just clean the rooms, they want to make our guests feel at home. Thank you again and we look forward to a return visit.

Jamestown, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just finished up a great weekend in Mountain View. This Hotel is the best. Very Clean and Quiet. A very short drive to Shoreline Amphitheater. The Staff are very friendly and helpful. I recomend this hotel to anybody staying in Mountain View.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
rld9, General Manager at Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for recommending us and for the 5 stars. I hope you enjoyed the concert at Shoreline. It is wonderful to see you had such a lovely experience at our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
#6 of 18 in Mountain View
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!