“Highly recommended!”
Review of Hotel Strata

Hotel Strata
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 24 June 2011

If you need to stay for a visit near the mountain view area for an inexpensive, this should choose this hotel. The rooms were very clean and nothing went wrong. The hotel staff was extremely kind and helpful. This hotel in close to everything. There is also a Wii in the lobby where you are allowed to play the games. Also the rooms were very spacious and comfortable. There was a swimming pool, but it was very small and not many people seemed to use it all.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 June 2011

I stayed here with my husband while he was working in the area. I was a little worried about staying in a Holiday Inn for a week while he was in the office, but it really wasn't a problem.

The staff of this hotel are really friendly in a genuine way. I really felt like they wanted to help rather than it being a company policy to ask.

We stayed in a King Executive Deluxe room, really just so I had the extra space if I was there all of the time. There was loads of space in the room - it had a huge comfy bed, a couch and coffee table area, a kitchenette, a work table that you could actually work at, and a pretty spacious bathroom.

The best thing about the hotel, and the best place to see the great service, is at the buffet breakfast. There is just so much choice, from the pancake machine, to yoghurt, and from eggs to cereals - and there were changes every day, so you knew the food was fresh. The staff were on hand to help you in whatever way possible, from carrying your tray if you needed help, to getting you another coffee or an extra slice of toast. It is the only time I've ever had that kind of service at a buffet breakfast.

One morning, it was raining really heavily, and one of the staff members offered us an umbrella so we could stay dry on the way back to the room. We had lots of other little helpful moments like this during our stay.

There is great parking at the hotel, and the car park's handy exit onto Oak Lane and Pamela Drive made it easy to head west on El Camino Real.

One downside to the hotel is that it's just a little bit too far away from the city centre to walk comfortably.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
TownCenter, Manager at Hotel Strata, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear DublinRugbyfan,
Thank you for taking the time out to write this wonderful review about you stay at our hotel. The management and staff make it their goal to make sure that each of the hotel's guests leaves with a memoriable stay. We look forward in serving you again during your visit to the Mountain View area.
Management

Reviewed 24 May 2011

Just by driving past this hotel/motel one would probably look down on its potential. Although it is truly a no-frills establishment, the comfortable and big rooms, the nice bed, equipped kitchen, free high-speed Internet, nice breakfast and the friendliest staff ever make it a great option for business and leisure travelers. For those exploring Silicon Valley businesses, the hotel is also well located, close and equidistant to both Google and Apple headquarters.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 March 2011

This Holiday Inn Express, as many other chains and indie lodging in the Mountain View area, is a renovated motel. The main concern with this is the direct outdoor entrance and window, which some people - particularly solo women travelers - might find to be a concern. If that issue is no concern to you, then this HIE is a great bargain in an excellent location for Mountain View and South Bay Area related business.

I had a king bed room, a large area with sink, microwave, mini-fridge and coffee service. The bathroom was simple with a huge step-in shower, very clean with a glazed window that could partially open and a heating lamp. The bed and bedding were made of good quality cotton down, there was a full desk to work on with free WiFi for my entire stay. There's also a fair breakfast available to guests, and free parking, too.

While not fancy, this HIE is very clean, and I found the on-site staff to be very thoughtful. I wasn't feeling well one day and stayed in, the manager called and asked if they could bring me tea or anything, which was a very kind gesture from a genuinely concerned person. Big win for customer service due to that, as well as the fact that checking in and out was a breeze, and housekeeping service very thorough.

A consideration is that there is no elevator to the second floor, so if you have trouble lifting, carrying and walking ask for a first floor room.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mollydotcom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

We stayed here for one night after reading lots of nearby hotel reviews. We were so happy with our choice. The rooms were beautiful and up to date. We had a room with a jet tub which was so nice to relax in after my yoga workshop. The continental breakfast was probably the best I had ever seen and the staff went above and beyond, they were so polite and friendly...every single encounter we had with all of them.

You wouldn't be disappointed by staying here..

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie96093
Reviewed 28 February 2011

This is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in this price range. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous. Mr. Patel looked after his guests as though we were one of his own family.
On the checkout day, I had a meeting till late afternoon. Mr. Patel offered for my spouse to stay in the room until the maid came to clean, and he even offered to have our room cleaned the very last.
When viewed from outside, it is like a normal three star hotel. Inside the room, it is easily four or five stars!
We will be sure to stay here in the future. We are spreading the word to our colleagues that they choose this place for their next trip.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank GT1_11
Reviewed 24 February 2011

I travel to this area frequently. I've stayed in several hotels. I've experienced some of the finer places one could imagine, with all the glitz and glamour... If I have to travel here, this is the ONLY place I want to stay. The rooms are very nice, and conducive to work for a business traveler; but the key to my loyalty her is the customer care. I'm treated like family! It has nothing to do with my frequent trips here. More so, as I watch the staff interact with everyone there, it is a consistently superior service they take to heart. That is something I appreciate. I only wish they would call me by my first name - because I feel like part of their family. I will ALWAYS stay here.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Hotel Vue
Hotel Vue
#6 of 18 in Mountain View
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View

Been to Hotel Strata? Share your experiences!