“Great service! Excellent rooms”

Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View
Ranked #13 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My roommate and I relocated here from the south. We had driven 4 days to get here and brad made our check in/move in process sooo easy! It was the quickest friendliest service we have received. We have continued to have quick, polite responses to anything we have needed while here. The rooms are clean, modern, and the beds comfortable. They allow pets (thank god). I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed 15 December 2013

After having much difficulty locating this facility I arrived at this old, dirty motel like location.
Of course I had to ask for shampoo, soap and even a laundry bag as they were not readily available.
Upon entering my room I was hit with a blast of heat as the thermostat in room was set at 90 degrees!
The pillows were rock like although there were plenty of them.
The bed was a full size bed, not even a queen, and clearly no where near a king.
I brought with me my own tea bag for a hot tea in the evening and the coffee maker that I needed to use barely made tepid water.
When I went to take a shower and shave , the pre set temperature was barely warm enough to do either.
When I went to dry myself off I found the towels were barely larger than a postage stamp and the age on them must have been at least 5 years old as they were no longer white and clearly had been in service a very long time.
Of course I needed to get dressed to leave my room to get coffee (which was pretty good) and a muffin at the front office.
The wireless connection was barely acceptable for e-mail and the connection kept buffering to do much else.
Ants and Ants and more ants kept coming from the sink... and I did not have any food in the room.
When I approached the front desk they said "yeah... its getting colder and the ants try to keep warm by entering the rooms".
If my wife was with me she would have made me change locations....as it was disgusting...not just a few but a major infestation!
The rate that I paid was within $10.00 to $20.00 per night of a Hilton Garden Inn or similar.
My company selected the facility and paid for it as I would have checked out immediately if the choice was mine.
At $200.00 per night.. this place was clearly a dump for the rate charged.
I see no value or cost savings in this facility or location

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank brentef
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I spent 2 weeks for business in Mountain View. My wife and baby joined the stay and we found in the Extended Stay America Mountain View just the right location for us. Large king bed, kitchenette, fridge, microwave, coffeemaker, writing desk, free and fast wireless network, TV, bathtub, spatious room for baby-crawling were great for a mix of "work" and "family life". A simple grab-n-go breakfast complemented the servise. The staff was always very friendly and also enjoyed our little one (in particular Sabrina). The hotel is conveniently located along El Camino Real, all major routes (101), (208), (85) can be reached within few minutes, Clark Street with plenty of dining possibilities is in a 30 minutes walk or short car ride distance.

Room Tip: Our room at the east/north side was very quiet. On the other side, a large and busy road is merely s...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your stay at our hotel. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months and to have everyone feel comfortable at their "home away from home". We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our guests will continue to bring them back for future stays. I would also like to thank you for your kind comments about our staff and in particular Sabrina. I will be happy to let everyone know they are delivering the guest satisfaction that we strive to provide each and every day.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for posting your review. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations, in the future.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed in this hotel for four month contract. The staff was great, friendly and took a general interest in my well-being. They were very conscious of the fact that I worked a graveyard shift and did their best to make sure I had quiet when there were a few instances of noisy guests during the day. The property is very clean and besides the convenience of being close to HWY 85, I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Joy - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I am so glad that you found our staff to be friendly and that you liked how clean our hotel was overall. As well, it is great to read that you liked our hotel's location.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Great hotel if you are single and on corporate travel. Best studio (w/ all kitchen accessories) hotel so far I have stayed in.
Not too bad for family but the rooms are small. Enough parking space and convenient location as situated next to HWY 85.

• Stayed: September 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Thank you so much for your great review of our hotel. We are proud to offer completely refreshed accommodations for our guest’s enjoyment. We will always do our very best to provide clean, comfortable rooms coupled with excellent service stay after stay!

We hope that you will continue to stay with us when you are in our area.

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

In town for 2 weeks on business and had a limited expense account to work with. It was important to me to have a place with a kitchen, and I ended up being very satisfied with ESA. This place was recently renovated, and they did a good job. The finishes inside are better than I expected for the price. The kitchen utensils are pretty lacking. Plan on buying paper plates and plastic silverware. No big deal. The one annoying thing was that I paid $20 for upgraded wireless Internet service, only to find out (by calling the corporate help desk that was outsourced to what sounded like India) that it was limited to one device only. If I wanted upgraded speed for my phone, laptop, and iPad, it would be $60. Not very cool but really the house wifi is ok. I haven't been streaming videos, though. Parking is good, the grounds are well kept. Housekeeping is not every day, but you can pay for it anytime you new an extra clean. Everything I need is close by, and the staff has been very helpful with printing documents for me. It's not the Four Seasons, but I am very happy with the value compared to other hotel pricing in the area. I will definitely stay here if I come back for business again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The staff is very useful and the room that I had (got a free upgrade) was spacious and comfortable. Everyone at the checkin desk was super friendly and helpful. The hotel is kinda hard to find at first, but it's located in a very nice spot, close to loads of shops where to buy food or take away restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Property M, Manager at Extended Stay America - San Jose - Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2013

Thank you for your review of Extended Stay America Mountain View, Ca. I am very happy to hear that you had a pleasant and comfortable stay with us. We pride ourselves on being the leader in service and value while providing clean, comfortable accommodations for you. It is our pleasure to have guests such as yourself tell us and everyone how great your stay was. We hope that if you are ever in the Mt View area again that you will give us the opportunity to have you stay with us. With many thanks and Hospitality, the Management at Extended Stay America Mountain View, CA