“Good stuff”

Ephesus
Ranked #18 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$9 - US$15
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Arlington, Virginia
“Good stuff”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I flew in late and wanted some dinner before heading to my hotel. Even though this place was closing they went the extra mile and made a plate of iskander kabob for me to take out. Hadn't had the dish for a couple years and theirs hit the spot.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank UA787

London, United Kingdom
“Great restaurant and quite cheap”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This is a good Turkish restaurant at moderate price. Very good food and big portions. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. The bottle of Malbec was excellent. Very satisfied.

• Visited November 2013
Mountain View, California
“Tasty Turkish”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Lovely! Had lunch with my girlfriend and my four-legged best friend and enjoyed a table outside under the umbrella covering our table.

For our appetizer, we chose the Lahmacun ($5) which was delicious. A thin piece of lightly toasted pita like bread (with a little chew) with minced lamb on top, in the middle is a light salad we rolled into our torn pieces of Lahmacun.

My friend ordered Chicken Beyti and it was quite tasty. Not friendly if you're on a diet if you know what I mean. It would have been a tastier if the dough was cooked a little longer since it was a little too chewy and did not have a golden color to it but overall, quite a delicious dish.

I ordered the Vegetable Kebab entree and subbed salad in place of rice. Delicious! I asked our server if the vegetables are touched with butter, he reassured me they are not but there was a bit of a heavy oily substance on my plate too delicious to be oil. I CAUGHT YOU!! I know my butter!

Will definitely return for a lovely meal when the weather is just as beautiful outside!

• Visited August 2013
Zurich
“Tasty Turkish on Castro”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I come to Mountain View a couple of times a year and I always try and visit Ephesus. A good range of traditional Turkish/Med dishes. I love the Iskender kebap! Great value and the staff are well above average in terms of both knowledge of the food and courtesy, for the bay area. It's ranking is well deserved. They also have an excellent local Hefeweizen on tap.

Minor drawback, it's not a large place, and with hard surfaces all around it's not the place for a romantic conversation at peak times.

• Visited October 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“Great find in Mountain View”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I was surprised by this place. I came across it by chance while walking around downtown Mtn View and am glad I tried it. Run by a family, this is a great little restaurant in a great location, and reasonably priced with respect to Silicon Valley standards. Try the Adana Kebab and Lentil Soup, both of which were excellent, really comparable to what you would expect in best kebab houses in Turkey. The lahmacun (meat pie) was also excellent. I've been there 3 times so far, which is telling.

• Visited August 2013