“Enough to get you by”

Quality Inn & Suites At NASA Ames
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 22 September 2011

This place had better rates for it's reviewed level, but is just a notch up from other economy motels. Even the room keys still came in "Super 8" cases, so did it recently change names? The people at the front desk were nice enough but certainly did not seem to want to do anything to go out of the way to help. The rooms were just adequate enough for a decent nights sleep. Most of the parking is in the underground structure, in tight spaces. The breakfast was included (yay), but the options were limited. You can make your own waffles, which always gets extra points from me. The place worked overall as a one night layover before a long drive.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites At NASA Ames

Reviewed 21 September 2011

I stayed for business and have to say I was glad. Rooms were large, very clean, very convenient. The hotel is located at on mile from the downtown which is a charming place. People at the front desk were nice and helpful. Breakfast was all right (I love waffles). overall good surprise. Parking is free and easy

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank pauldeparis
Reviewed 16 September 2011

We are regular concert goers and when in Mountain View --Shoreline we ALWAYS stay at Quality Inn. Great service and good breakfast although the eating area is really small so we take our b'fast back to our room. We usually take a cab to Shoreline to avoid the traffic congestion and parking worries. As was mentioned in another review it sometimes is difficult to get a cab but walk down to the next major intersection and there are cabs available.
The price is right and it's nice to have breakfast before hitting the road to go back home.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 February 2011

The hotel is very convenient to Ames and priced reasonably for the area. The breakfast selection is excellent compared to comparable hotels. Rooms are comfortable and quiet. Free wifi was fast and great signals. Biggest negative is the claim that there is a fitness center: one basic treadmill and elliptic in a small room with no working TV. I stayed here specifically for the fitness center, and at $20 more than my usual spot. Since it rained all week and I worked long hours, I was not able to exercise as I needed. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 October 2010

clean, comfortable and quiet. Easy access to freeways and great restaurants in downtown mountain view. 5 minute cab drive to Shoreline. Great breakfast in the morning with waffles, eggs, potatoes, fruit, etc. If you are going to Shoreline, I don't recommend taking a cab. It is nearly impossible to get back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2010

Reception was OK, but I had a quiet room for a couple of good night of sleep.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 September 2010

One of my pet peeves with hotels is when you book a room several months in advance, and yet they still put you in a handicapped room. Would the hotels not be better served by saving these rooms for, oh I don't know, handicapped people? When we asked to be moved to another room, we were told the hotel was full. I guess when we booked it 4 months ago, that was the only room they had available...

My personal pet peeves aside, for the price, and for a one night stay, it's not a terrible hotel. The counter staff were fine, and the bed was reasonably comfortable, but the room still had more of a cheap motel feel to it, and I really didn't like the little baby mini pillows they use instead of normal sized pillows (they are literally no bigger than the little throw pillows on your couch). I knew when I booked it that I wasn't booking a room at the Ritz, but still, I thought the Quality Inn brand would at least live up to a certain minimum standard.

For the area, who knows, maybe this is a good hotel, but if I'm ever back in the Mountain View area, I'm looking elsewhere. Based on the reviews I read on here before I booked it, I was just expecting more, but ended up being disappointed once I got there.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Quality Inn & Suites At NASA Ames? Share your experiences!