“Great stay, wonderful staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Great stay, wonderful staff”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

My stay at this Hampton Inn & Suites was very positive, and I'll definitely return the next time I'm in Silicon Valley for business. The location is very convenient, within walking distance of downtown Mountain View and with easy access to most major roads. The room itself was clean and well-appointed, with a fridge, microwave, and numerous outlets. There were a few minor issues (i.e. the bathroom door refused to stay open, a/c unit was a bit loud), and I did notice that the hallway noise was a bit more noticeable than in other hotels in which I've stayed recently. That said, I tend to be sensitive to noise, always requesting a quiet room, and didn't find noise to be an issue overall. The best part of my stay was the staff, particularly Mayra, who went out of her way to be friendly and welcoming during both check-in and check-out; the other staff with whom I spoke during my stay were equally kind and helpful. Overall, I found this hotel to be a great option for the area, particularly given the staff, and would definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: I requested a quiet room on an upper floor and was given a room facing an internal wall. While this...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Nice hotel, good value, helpful staff, well appointed rooms, good internet service, good climate control, noise control between rooms good, hallway less so (but that's a tough one), small but well appointed fitness center.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

New Jersey
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Probably a bit off the 'tourist' track; however, for my meetings in Palo Alto, or perhaps if you are visiting the Google or Stanford campuses, is convenient and offers quite a lot for the price. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. I didnt realize until the next morning at breakfast that there is actually a small pool off the lobby. Crushed for time, I wasnt able to enjoy it. My room (317) was fairly large with a large bathroom. It also had a kitchenette with a microwave, small refridgerator, coffee pot and sink. The bed was very comfortable, even more so that some more expensive brand hotels I think. This particular room looked down over the parking lot, and some neighborhood homes. There is a small strip mall next door with a coffee place, liquor store and a mexican restaurant. The complimentary breakfast is down in the lobby area and was very good with omlets, waffles, bagels, toast, fresh fruit etc. This was really convenient for me considering that I had an early morning meeting nearby. Overall, a good place for a night over if you are in Palo Alto.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room away from the road-side of the building.
Fort Lauderdale, United States
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Thin walls and do not stay in a room with windows facing the street. Expensive hotel for a Hampton Inn. Why is there a 200 character Minimum this is pretty stupid. Really I had all I had to say in one sentence and I think reviewers appreciate "to the point" reviews.

1 Thank Craig G
Malvern, United States
Reviewed 11 August 2013

I would not recommend this hotel. Even after the refurbishment the hotel facilities are not up to much. The breakfast was poor even in comparison to other Hampton inns. The bed was not as good as comparable hotels.

1 Thank Jon P
Perry F, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
I'm very sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant experience at our hotel. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us and we apologize for letting you down. I will be sure to keep your feedback in mind as we're always working to improve our overall guest experience. I thank you for your review and I hope you will consider us again if your travels bring you back to our area.
West Sacramento, United States
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Best hotel to relax in. beds were comfortable..jaquzzi was very nice. friendly staff..Breakfast was really good and so were the cookies in the breakfast area. I would bring my family back here for a next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We like Hampton Inns in general. This property did not disappoint. This was our second stay here and both have been enjoyable. Location is handy to freeway, downtown Mountain View and the Bay area. Quality of the room's furnishings were good. Bed was comfortable. We really like the cleanliness and quiet nature of the rooms. We feel this hotel offers an excellent value and will stay again the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple