“Great Mexican food”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Toronto, Canada
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was the third time I have eaten at this restaurant. Great food..I had suiza Enchilada spicy with chipotle sauce. My niece had great chicken sopa and the burritos were good too.

• Visited July 2012

NY, NY
“basic no thrill Mexican”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Basic Mexican food, in this simple authentic place.
Nothing extraordinary, but nothing to complain about.

• Visited June 2012
Reykjavik, Iceland
“My old favorite is still so good!”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

When I lived and worked in this area, I frequented La Fiesta, both with my family and with colleagues. During this time, a few dishes became our great favorites, so when my travels took me to the area again recently, I just had to stop by and see if the restaurant and the dishes lived up to the memories. It most certainly did - the dishes are still fantastic!
The chips and salsas they serve at the beginning of the meal are absolutely great. The salsas are fresh, tasty and very different from each other.
My favorite dishes are the enchiladas with mole sauce, enchiladas with grandma's especial sauce and the camarones picantes (large shrimp in spicy sauce). I have yet to find equals to the mole and the grandma's especial anywhere. They are simply delicious and the taste lived up to the memories - something that is not always the case with restaurants.

• Visited April 2012
San Francisco Bay Area
“Very Authentic”
Reviewed 6 January 2012

I haven't had a bad meal hear yet. I am a broth/stock lover and this place has the best Mexican chicken stock on the planet. Home made, mild but great flavor, do not miss it, I begged them for years to offer it as an appetizer so make sure you try it. The Tortilla soup is a huge wonderful bowl of the stock with lots of other items. The Rojas are terrific as is the Grandma Chicken. They have a full Tequilla list and the people are genuinely nice and hospitable. Get there early for dinner especially on a Friday as it is packed.

Bethesda, Maryland
“Quality of the food is uneven”
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My friend grew up in Mexico and I have lived in California and Mexico most of my life, so we know Mexican food. This restaurant was recommended as very authentic - the real deal. Overall, we were disappointed. The salsas and chips were good. They have several kinds of good homemade salsas - not just the standard tomato stuff. But the entrees were lacking. My friend ordered a fajita salad - which consisted of cold, dry, and touch strips of beef on salad. I had pork in a chile sauce that was insipid - and that meat was tough as well. The other dishes our friends ordered were better, but not what i would call "authentic." The waiter was indifferent and not very helpful. We spoke to him in Spanish thinking that he was having trouble understanding us, but that didn't change his attitude.

The restaurant was full and is supposedly popular, so maybe we were there on a bad night. Pretty pricey for the quality - For example, the bowl of tortilla soup was almost the same as an entree.

• Visited December 2011