“Great margaritas around. But need simplef. Beef tacos on menu ground beef”

La Fiesta Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 326 Restaurants in Mountain View
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great margaritas around. But need simplef. Beef tacos on menu ground beef”
Reviewed 18 February 2013

Love the food. The vibe in there. Fantastic variety of tequila. Yum. Just need plain ol hard shell grd beef tacos. Thstd makeva lot of us come back just thsimple taco. Burrito snd soft tacos. simple. That wld givevu an A+ big time and we r big tippers. Wait and see. Ky

San Francisco, California
“Authentic Mexican Food!”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

The food is incredible, and whenever we go we always order in Spanish. You can always count on someone clearly authentic who knows about not only the food but the Hispanic culture. This is a great place to have a party because it is spacious. When you leave pleasantly full, you will feel like you just came back from a trip to Mexico.

• Visited December 2011
Alameda, California
“My favorite Chile Verde ever...”
Reviewed 20 October 2012

Disclaimer: We used to live 15 mins away and were regulars. So much so that we came here for dinner straight from the airport coming home from our honeymoon. The food and margaritas are that good. And have been for years.

Whenever I meet up with friends on the Peninsula, I suggest La Fiesta. I eat well and get a to go order for dinner later in the week.

Fresh chips and 3 salsas are brought to your table when you sit down. The green salsa is to die for - good heat and tons of flavor. The dark red salsa is the spicy one, good but a bit one dimensional due to the heat. There's a light pink pico de gallo salsa for those who don't like any burn. It's good, but we like heat so usually dose it liberally with the red salsa. Yum.

After you order you are often, but not always, brought a cup of limey chicken broth. When you do get it, it's pretty good.

I have to admit I don't look at the menu anymore. There are a few dishes that I love, and given how infrequently I can get here, I have a hard enough time picking from this list:

CHILE VERDE - hands down our favorite and most common order. Chunks of fork tender pork in the most delicious green sauce you'll ever stick in your mouth. I'm not kidding, I'd give just about anything for this chile verde recipe. Order with sour cream and cheese (which they suckily charge extra for) for extra goodness. Your plate comes with rice and beans, and your choice of tortillas to get the porky yumminess into your mouth.

CHICKEN MOLE - growing up in LA, I was very spoiled with great moles. This was the first mole I found in the Bay Area that lived up to expectations. It's delicious, a blend of spices, chiles and chocolate, and comes as a chicken breast that's been cooked in this incredible nectar.

TORTILLA SOUP - I make a really good tortilla soup, so for years never ordered this because mine was better. That's always disappointing... Ordering food that you make as well or better at a fraction of the cost... But I digress. This is a thin, red, chile tinted slurp of goodness. Just the right amount of heat, chicken breast, tortilla strips, condiments. This stuff seriously rocks.

GRANDMA'S SPECIAL - anther chicken dish that we only rarely order, but tasty none the less. This is a chicken breast cooked in a thick, creamy tomato based sauce. It's very mild, but has nice flavor (but I tend to add some of the red sauce for a little more heat). It's a nice change up from the above, and great for folks who find "Mexican food too spicy."

MARGARITAS - if you imbibe, these gritas are good. Enev the house version.

Pros - food to die for, family friendly, large group friendly, taking a long time to eat and catch up friendly, cute interior, and some outdoor seating available for warm evenings. Located a few blocks off Castro, so parking isn't a problem like their sister restaurants.

Cons - service can be really spotty... Sometimes great and sometimes far from. This visit, the service was on the painful side, but the food did come out okay, it was just everything elsevthat suffered. Prices have gone up over the years and entrees are close to $20 each, which is a bit high. There can be a wait if you aren't an early diner.

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed 4 July 2012

This was the third time I have eaten at this restaurant. Great food..I had suiza Enchilada spicy with chipotle sauce. My niece had great chicken sopa and the burritos were good too.

• Visited July 2012
NY, NY
“basic no thrill Mexican”
Reviewed 17 June 2012

Basic Mexican food, in this simple authentic place.
Nothing extraordinary, but nothing to complain about.

• Visited June 2012