“Bad experience”

Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed there for one night for an interview in Mountain View.
The place claims of "High-speed Free Internet", but it proably was not fast enough to allow my gmail to open let alone google maps etc. etc.
The staff could not help me much in this regard, result being I had to sit on Cafe's at Castro Street to avail the free wifi !!
The room was clean though!
They do not have any reception/ loby area as such.
The mcrowave in my room was non-fucntional.
They had those soap/lotion dispensers instead of small samples. It turned out, they had filled soap in one of the lotion dispensers which I hated the most!!!!
No gym etc.
Its good to keep the expectations low !

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View

Reviewed 10 April 2013

The rooms were clean. The location is convenient to everything in the area. Used them for a last minute trip to San Jose and most every other was booked. With advance planning, I'd be less likely to stay here again. Again, not dirty, not too noisy being on El Camino, but I've stayed in Hampton Inns across the country at a fraction of the price and those locations were considerably better than this hotel.

Room Tip: Register online, I think I was able to get a coupon somewhere for this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank FritziinTampa
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Was in town for work purposes, needed two nights and was cheapest I could find in area because I was on my own dime. Figured the $99 rate was decent for area but would probably pay more next time for better room. Staff was nice and I'm sure they work hard but need to pay more attention to detail. Parking lot well lit with security cameras. Room appeared clean until I had time to notice some things like the extra security door lock was broken off. If it's not needed remove it or repair it just don't leave it broken. The small table next to the bed was mostly broken. I sat down to eat some take out and when I put my arms on the table it tilted towards me almost causing my items to slide off onto my lap. I looked underneath to find the mount was mostly cracked. I also noticed a huge bloody buger on the base of the same table..... Almost made me lose my dinner. Found a dime size old blood stain on the carpet between the vanity and the bathroom door. I would have asked for another room but a sign on the counter when I checked in said they were full. Since I was there alone and only there 2 nights, I just lived with it but told the clerk at the counter on check out. He did not have a name tag so I don't know his name, he shook his head like he heard me but didn't seem to be too concerned. Acted like he didn't speak English very well but communicated fine with me when I first checked in. Otherwise room was fine.

Room Tip: Check room for cleanliness details before unloading car.....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank champ1517
Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed there because my husband has a summit pretty close in the area.
The service is Ok the only thing that I dislike is that in the 2 rooms that we had, one has a broken coffee machine and the other one the microwave. I called to report this and during the days that we stayed that was'nt fixed.
Also in the second room (that was far from the reception) the internet signal was just awful, it did'nt work at all, we mentioned this at the reception too and it wasnt fixed either.
My point is, if you are paying for something and it´s average, the good things looses their value and the bad stand out, I wouldnt mentioned all the flaws if the people there just care a little to change a simple coffee machine or checked for the internet.
I think service is not one of the chain priorities.

Room Tip: close to the reception!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Triptips_SCL
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Rooms were OK, beds and pillows were low grade but manageable. Service was not so great. We asked for a few extra pillows and we are STILL waiting to get them.

Breakfast was a joke. Stale wrapped pastries (if you can call them that). Old coffee and a juice option.

Probably won't go back

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Have to say I have just returned to the UK after a 6 nights stay in this hotel. The quality for the price is good. Room was clean, bed was extremely comfortable, better than most in UK hotels which I use on a regular basis. Room maybe a bit cramped but only because of fridge ,microwave large television and table and 2 chairs as well as large bed. Yes sometimes hard to get attendant at desk but they always came eventually. Ideally situated close to all amenities in Mountain view. Would recommend as a budget hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 January 2012

This is listed as a business friendly hotel... Well when you pull up at 9pm you will notice there is not a lobby - rather a door bell and a window. This is a terrible first impression of a "business friendly hotel". Then with serious language barrier and a thick piece of glass between us- we (my co worker and I - 2 separate rooms) were given 2 keys and decided we would look at a room and decide if we were staying- well we opened the door to the first room to find someone sleeping in the bed! Again, not truly a business friendly hotel! We returned to the door bell and window- to finally get rooms without company. The rooms arent as bad as the outside or the door bell or the guy behind the glass. However the light in the bathroom flashed all night! Old tube tvs and small. "Free cont. breakfast" LOL.. No coffee, and wrapped pastries which I think date back to the 70s. Never again!

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BiotechCalifornia
abvimilpitas, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Thank you for posting your review we appreciate your business. Although we are in a very good area we do still use a night window after 10:00pm for the safety and security of our employees. We apologize for any inconvenience that you experienced while a guest at our Inn.