“You get what you pay for” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View

Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Bend, OR
“You get what you pay for”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I knew going into this that at the rate we paid, this wasn't a Hilton. I was SHOCKED that it was a nicer motel than I expected. We were traveling to see a concert at Shoreline so all we really needed was a place to crash. This motel served that purpose. We were upgraded from a queen to a king room. It was clean with dated decor. Decor doesn't matter to me but a clean room DOES. We did have problems with our internet but the staff was very helpful and got it figured out. We slept good both nights and it was walking distance to the restaurants and shops along Castro. If my husband and I travel again to the area, we will definitely stay since we really don't spend a lot of time in our room. One issue I had was the bathroom floor was slick along with the bathtub. I put a towel down to make sure I didn't slip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

The carpet was stained. I was glad I brought me a pair a sandles its to scary to walk on the carpet barefoot. The furniture was dirty and in bad shape. The bed was however comfortable. This hotel charges 95 dollars a night and dony serve breakfast. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank smitty1977

Travellers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2013

Stayed there for one night for an interview in Mountain View.
The place claims of "High-speed Free Internet", but it proably was not fast enough to allow my gmail to open let alone google maps etc. etc.
The staff could not help me much in this regard, result being I had to sit on Cafe's at Castro Street to avail the free wifi !!
The room was clean though!
They do not have any reception/ loby area as such.
The mcrowave in my room was non-fucntional.
They had those soap/lotion dispensers instead of small samples. It turned out, they had filled soap in one of the lotion dispensers which I hated the most!!!!
No gym etc.
Its good to keep the expectations low !

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2013

The rooms were clean. The location is convenient to everything in the area. Used them for a last minute trip to San Jose and most every other was booked. With advance planning, I'd be less likely to stay here again. Again, not dirty, not too noisy being on El Camino, but I've stayed in Hampton Inns across the country at a fraction of the price and those locations were considerably better than this hotel.

Room Tip: Register online, I think I was able to get a coupon somewhere for this hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank FritziinTampa
Rio Vista, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Was in town for work purposes, needed two nights and was cheapest I could find in area because I was on my own dime. Figured the $99 rate was decent for area but would probably pay more next time for better room. Staff was nice and I'm sure they work hard but need to pay more attention to detail. Parking lot well lit with security cameras. Room appeared clean until I had time to notice some things like the extra security door lock was broken off. If it's not needed remove it or repair it just don't leave it broken. The small table next to the bed was mostly broken. I sat down to eat some take out and when I put my arms on the table it tilted towards me almost causing my items to slide off onto my lap. I looked underneath to find the mount was mostly cracked. I also noticed a huge bloody buger on the base of the same table..... Almost made me lose my dinner. Found a dime size old blood stain on the carpet between the vanity and the bathroom door. I would have asked for another room but a sign on the counter when I checked in said they were full. Since I was there alone and only there 2 nights, I just lived with it but told the clerk at the counter on check out. He did not have a name tag so I don't know his name, he shook his head like he heard me but didn't seem to be too concerned. Acted like he didn't speak English very well but communicated fine with me when I first checked in. Otherwise room was fine.

Room Tip: Check room for cleanliness details before unloading car.....
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank champ1517
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2012

We stayed there because my husband has a summit pretty close in the area.
The service is Ok the only thing that I dislike is that in the 2 rooms that we had, one has a broken coffee machine and the other one the microwave. I called to report this and during the days that we stayed that was'nt fixed.
Also in the second room (that was far from the reception) the internet signal was just awful, it did'nt work at all, we mentioned this at the reception too and it wasnt fixed either.
My point is, if you are paying for something and it´s average, the good things looses their value and the bad stand out, I wouldnt mentioned all the flaws if the people there just care a little to change a simple coffee machine or checked for the internet.
I think service is not one of the chain priorities.

Room Tip: close to the reception!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Triptips_SCL
San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Rooms were OK, beds and pillows were low grade but manageable. Service was not so great. We asked for a few extra pillows and we are STILL waiting to get them.

Breakfast was a joke. Stale wrapped pastries (if you can call them that). Old coffee and a juice option.

Probably won't go back

#1 of 18 in Mountain View
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto
Americas Best Value Inn - Palo Alto

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View? Share your experiences!