“Great Location, Great Service, and Great Stay!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I came down for a business convention and stayed for a week. First thing I noticed was that the staff was super friendly. My room was just spic and span, lots of space and all electrical components up to date! I always ask for extra towels which the house keeper delivered promptly. I asked about nearby attractions (food, coffee, drinks) within walking distance, and the front desk staff offered me a bicycle which are free for guests to take out for a spin. That was really awesome and allowed me to get in a nice exercise every morning and allowed me to save money on a cab/uber to familiarize myself with the surroundings. I learned that nearby this hotel is Castro Street in Downtown Mountain View. I came here for just about everything from getting a cup of coffee in the morning and most nights for dinner. The community is very friendly and you see a lot of people walking around. Having the selection of picking out of sushi, indian food, or a nice Mediterranean place was the toughest decision I found myself making the whole week! The location of this hotel is key, the service and staff were very welcoming and if I had the choice I'd come back to try the other restaurants and that I missed out on and if I plan it better next time try to catch a concert or show at the Shoreline Amphitheater. Hope this helps out anyone looking in the area for a place to stay but I really enjoyed my time here otherwise!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rpatel1982, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Pav H,

I couldn't be more proud of such a glowing review, thank you for taking the time out of your day to do this! As you well know, guest experience is our #1 priority at HIEX Mountain View and the more people that know about it and experience it for themselves the better!! I would really appreciate the opportunity to meet you the next time you stay at the hotel, and please let us know when you are back in the area.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Very attentive staff, nice towels and bed linens. Slept great. Had a room at the rear (off street) so little outside noise. Breakfast was fairly standard but for the pancake machine... freshly made pancakes were a winner! Convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
rpatel1982, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for positively acknowledging the attentiveness of our staff as well as our selection of beds and linens. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us.

Holiday Inn Express
Mountain View

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed here for 4 days when I was on business trip. It was overall an average stay.
Comfortable and clean rooms
Good location
TV channels are not that great.
Also breakfast had very less options for a veterinarian.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rpatel1982, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

We truly appreciate your stay at our Holiday Inn Express -Mountain View location. We're glad that you've experienced comfortability during your visit. As to adding choices for vegetarians in our breakfast menu, we will certainly consider. Again, Thank you for your business.

Holiday Inn Express-Mountain View

Reviewed 21 May 2014

this is a newly remodeled location with nicely appointed rooms.
The rooms are a little small, but comfortable. Other than waiting for over 5 minutes to check in (desk clerk was in the bathroom) the staff were pleasant and helpful
Beds were comfortable, and parking is free. WiFi was strong, and breakfast was standard HIE.
No fridge or microwave in the room, but this is one of the nicer hotels in the area.
Our room was $230 a night, which is fair for the are, but still really inflated because of the bay area prices. I travel all over the western US and
Canada, and bay area hotels are 30-40% higher than anywhere else.

lkm55,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of my hotel. I cant say enough how helpful these ratings and comments can be for other guests both present and future, as well as the hotel itself. From the hotel point of view we are able to see what's going good and where we can improve, in particular I am disheartened to hear the check in process is not as warm and inviting as I would like it to be. We will definitely work on getting the shifts more covered so that the desk isn't unattended for to long of a period.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Have been trying different places in Silicon Valley to stay for business and pleasure. I generally need a place last minute for my local conferences and on ocassion will get what the Valley has to offer when looking for a weekend away with my husband. I've stayed at many places and although the location screams money, not every hotel here makes you feel that way so it's important to read the reviews!! I've been pleasantly surprised with the location, service, cleanliness and recent remodel of The Mountain View/Palo Alto Holiday Inn. It's obvious this location is ran by management who cares. They absolutely went out of their way to ensure my stay was pleasant and the amenities speak for themselves. I will be coming back with family and this is now my 'GO TO' for all my business/pleasure stays in the area!

Ashley M,

You couldn't be more "on the spot" with your review! Consistency and guest experience are demands place hotel to hotel and staff to staff. Here in my hotel we take it a step further and ask that the staff demand it from themselves. All in all it results in guests knowing exactly what they will receive from Holiday Inn brands and more specifically my hotel. Thank you for CHOOSING the Holiday Inn Express and we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 18 May 2014

The team at Holiday Inn Express thinks about each customer and has fulfilled their needs. Free parking, with easy secure access, breakfast in the morning, modern clean furnishings, a great location in central Silicon Valley. Great bedding and furnishings. They even let me take a conference call in my room through a late checkout. Recommended for all.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
rpatel1982, Owner at Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your awesome comments regarding our Holiday Inn Express- Mountain View property. We're glad that you appreciate our modern furnishing and beddings. You certainly inspire my entire team to be better on meeting our guest's needs. Again, Thank you very much for staying in our property.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

I travel frequently for work and they generally put me up in a Holiday Inn, so i'm no stranger to the "Holiday Inn experience". This is the first time I have ever stayed at a hotel and felt compelled to write a review about my experience, as I was completely blown away by the stellar accommodations. The staff is very friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding areas attractions, nightlife and amazing restaurants located within walking distance of the hotel (Check out Vive Sol practically across the street for some great Mexican Food!). It is very easy to get anywhere you are trying to go, as there is close freeway access from this location. I was told that the hotel had been recently renovated, and they did an amazing job. The room was great and everything was brand new, not to mention the extremely comfortable bed. I have stayed at hotels for twice the cost of a night here with half the quality of service and accommodations that I received here. The next time I come to Silicon Valley, I won't even think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2 mi away
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto? Share your experiences!