“Really enjoyed Shiva”

Cross street: Castro St.
Portland, Oregon
“Really enjoyed Shiva”
Reviewed 31 March 2013

I am not very knowledgeable about Indian food, but I always enjoy it when I have had it, from now on I hope to become an expert by visiting Shiva over and over until I understand the dishes.

The service was great, I always enjoy fine dining and Shiva definitely offers a fine dining experience. The offer beer wind and cocktails, (I started with a Sapphire martini). Our server was helpful when we were ordering, and we ended up with a vegetarian stuffed potato dish in sauce and a chicken dish in sauce, saffron rice (amazing) and naan, also very good. This was ample food for my BF and I, but you should note we are mature and can't eat as much as we once could.

The atmosphere was lovely, the background music delightful, and they also offer Indian beer. I had the Kingfisher lager which was very good.

• Visited March 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Palo Alto, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth a visit”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

After a bad experience on another indian restaurant on same strip, we decided to try out food at Shiva's. Again this place is costly compare to other indian food joints but they score well on Service, food quality. We had Tandoori chicken, Chicken Tikka Masala, Palak Panner, Biryani, and Naans and everything was good.

Visited December 2012
bay area
“Great family Indian restaurant with a fantastic buffet”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

It can be hard to find a good Indian buffet on the weekends, especially one that's kid friendly. This place has it all, great selection, good food, and reasonable pricing. Only drawback is that's its quite a drive from where I live. I've eaten at lots of Indian restaurants but this one always offers new stuff to try especially when it comes to desserts!

Mountain View, California
“Very good Indian, among strong competition”
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We've been here several times - we think it's the best of the Castro St. Indian offerings, at least so far. The food is very good, spice levels are as requested, and the service is inconsistent. We've had 5 star service, and 2 star service - that'd be our suggestion.

• Visited October 2012
“Good food but poor service”
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Food is good as well as the ambience.but we felt the service is not up to the mark especially on weekends .we had to wait 15 min just for our glasses refilled with water.Then had to wait another 15 min for salt n pepper.its always better to call ahead n reserve place.

• Visited September 2012