“Like Computer History This is the place to go”

Computer History Museum
Computer History Museum General Admission Ticket
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 16 August 2014

this is a very interesting museum. Has a good history of the computer through the years. While you can see most of it in two hours. I would suggest spending at least 3 or 4 hours.

All reviews
in 10 reviews
"gift shop"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Spent more than 3 hours in this museum and could have spent double the time easily. Could not believe the huge collection of some of the most iconic and important artifacts in the history of the computer. The museum is packed full of interesting information and very well organized.

I was a high school/university student in the eighties, and it was so much fun to learn about earlier elements of development that I was not familiar with and then see so many items that I was, like: the Commodore PC I first used, the AutoCAD tablet I learned with as a young engineer, etc. etc. Great stuff, highly recommended and a one-of-a-kind place.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We tried to find a tour of Silicon Valley. We soon learned that most tours were simply drive-bys i.e. Google Headquarters, etc. and pretty pricey. We decided to take the commuter train from San Francisco to Mountain View to see this museum which seemed to be the centerpiece of these expensive tours and the only place you could go in. It was fascinating and really amazing to see just how much computers have changed in the past 40 years. And of course everything is changing at a faster pace. The museum is very well done and of course state of the art. Even thought the museum indicated there was bus service from the train station, we found that it did not run frequently late in the morning so we took a cab. It is only a few miles from the station so it worked fine. We liked being on our own schedule. The train to and from San Francisco runs at least every hour. It takes about an hour each way.

1  Thank DenverMagpie
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the museum with my son who is almost 13. I was blown away by the displays and attention to details of every part. I was excited more than him...
I would say this is a must visit for those who ever were interested in computers in some part of their life.
Young kids or people without relation to computers will get bored