“Good value hotel in Silicon Valley”
Review of Hotel Zico

Hotel Zico
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Raleigh, NC
“Good value hotel in Silicon Valley”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed at Hotel Zico more than once as I travel to the Bay area often on business. Most recently I stayed for two nights on an interview trip. Overall the hotel has been fully refurbished and is general in great shape.

The bed is comfortable and the pillow menu is nice if you have a particular like/dislike. (I prefer flatter pillows) The hotel has snacks and drinks you can purchase right by the front desk like many hotels have.

As mentioned in other reviews it can be a bit tricky to get to - it's easy to find - harder to see that you have to go to the next light and make a u-turn.

I only had one problem when I tried to check out which was the the night clerk was sleeping at 4:30am and I couldn't rouse her. I even tried calling the hotel but no one answered. After about 15 min I was able to check out. Minor inconvenience but I was headed to catch a flight.

Anyway, I give this hotel 4 stars (very good) for a 3-star hotel.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Reviewed 6 March 2014

This place is so basic and old it really shouldn't be more than $100 a night. The rooms were old, the bathroom tiny, walls paper thin, breakfast was lame. For $355 a night this should be amazing. Only go here if you like wasting money.

• Stayed March 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 24 February 2014

Perfect 3 star experience. Comfortable beds, good showers, EXCELLENT internet (usually free internet is way slow). Breakfast was good with several choices (dry cereals, scrambled eggs, breakfast meats, potatoes, and an omelet bar!), but I would like to see more healthy options like Greek yogurts, more fruit choices (they had red delicious apples and oranges), and maybe some nice pastries. Ran into the manager (?) and he said they are already working on bringing in healthy options and it will be in by the time we come back. Location is good, on El Camino at route 85, so easy access to 101 and 280. Underground parking option is particularly nice.

This is our second time here and we have had no noise problems that some folks have mentioned. The hotel is set back from El Camino, so you avoid most of that. One side does face route 85, but that's not too bad. If you're worried, ask for a room away from that side.

Very nice people (it was slow when I cam in and asked about printed out our boarding passes for the next day, the night manager told me where the computer was... but then said, "I can do it for you"). It's near shops on El Camino, and has a nice Mediterranean vibe... we'll be coming back.

Room Tip: If you're worried about noise, ask for a room away from rt 85, if you want a balcony, ask for on...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ConceptHigh, General Manager at Hotel Zico, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thanks for the kind words! You are so right about the healthy options at breakfast and in fact, we will be adding just what you mentioned, a greek yogurt bar! Stay tuned and visit us again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I stayed for four days. I chose the hotel based on price, location, and availability of a gym. I found the service to be very good and the rooms quite comfortable. The gym was small, but had all the basics except free weights.
The hotel is very close to the highway so if you think the noise will bother you, get a room on the opposite of the hotel.
The breakfast was mediocre - it had an omelette stations, scrambled eggs, bacon, hash browns etc, but no yogurt or fresh fruit (other than small apples and oranges.) Breakfast was included in the room price.
Each room had a kurig and 2 k-cups. I enjoyed that.

Room Tip: As I mentioned above, the hotel is right next to the highway, so if you're bothered by sound, as...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Cupertino, California
Reviewed 20 January 2014

All I can say is WOW and THANK YOU to the staff of Hotel Zico. Ann really soared above and beyond to deliver excellent customer service that I can only imagine it reflects the attitude of the whole staff on board. Ann worked hard to make sure my requests were accommodated and still kept her focus on every single individual that went to the front for help. Kind enough to go out of her way to help me book an extra day and she cared for a complete stranger such as I. The people here make this hotel special that you cannot find anywhere else and that is because of their love for other human beings. Thank you Ann and thank you Hotel Zico Staff! The location may be next to a highway but there is a beauty and a peace you can find inside here nowhere else. Love you guys :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank harimmy
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights and were pleasantly surprised at how great the hotel was. Rooms are huge, omelets for breakfast, fridge and micro, very comfortable beds - it was a great experience. Would definitely stay here again. The only two things that I would improve are the size of the bathrooms (they are cramped especially compared to the size of the room) and though the room is large there is no couch or place to sit down. A couch and table would have been nice, but really stretching here. More importantly, beds were so comfortable that is was one of the few times I have slept really well on vacation.

Room Tip: The king size bed was in fact a king size. Slept comfortably with 2 adults and 1 smaller child.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel was great.I am an Indian and keeping my parents comfortable during the travel is priority. With that said, the manager recommended the larger room with 2 queens. The price was great for a bay area hotel.

I felt comfortable leaving my parents in the hotel. the breakfast was great. Moreover the staff catered my needs whenever needed. To be honest
I will recommend this hotel just for its cleanliness and the location. I definitely will stay if I return to San Jose.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 33 in Sunnyvale
Dinah's Garden Hotel
Dinah's Garden Hotel
#2 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Zico? Share your experiences!