“Good value and comfortable” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Colorado, United States
“Good value and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stay in this area quite a bit. Here I can park my car close, it is pretty quiet but easy to find. Bed is comfortable with a nice desk to work at. It has a shower over the bath with great pressure. Good value for what you get I think.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW_PLUS_MVI, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Simon G, thank you for providing other travelers insight about your recent stay at the Best Western! We strive to provide excellent service and accommodations for every guest and I am very pleased to hear your stay was just that! As always, it is a pleasure having you stay with us at the Best Western and we look forward to your return! If I can be of any assistance, please feel free to contact me directly at 650-962-9912.

Yours,

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Santiago, Chile
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

It is a basic hotel, if you need sleep in a clean place. The rooms and the bathroom is quite small. Wifi is not working in every where but I think they can improve it. Breakfast is included,but it is very basic too, paper dishes and and plastic services.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank camg30
Camg30, thank you for taking the time to tell other Tripadvisor travelers about your recent stay with us at the Best Western. We strive to provide exemplary cleanliness in each guest room and guest service. In addition, the hotel's central location allows our guests to enjoy Mountain View's delicious eateries, shopping, Shoreline Amphitheater, and the convenience of being in close proximity of several Silicon Valley corporations. The staff and I would like to express our apologies for not exceeding your expectations and we deeply appreciate your feedback regarding the hotel's WiFi and complimentary breakfast. Thank you again for your time. If you would like to further discuss your recent stay, please contact me back directly at 650-962-9912.

Best Regards,

London
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2014

Oh dear. I'm trying to think if I've ever stayed anywhere worse ... actually I have, I think the Park Hotel in San Remo might just win out, but this is a worthy runner up.

The professional photos are completely misleading as in reality, the rooms are dark and dingy with the only natural light from a single window at one end of a huge room. The only way to make it even remotely pleasant to work in during the day was to have the front door wide open - which is fine if it isn't cold and raining. The bathroom fan is incredibly noisy - not because it's faulty, but because it, like all the other fittings, are likely several decades old. No natural light in the bathroom and it's so small that the wash hand basin is instead in the kitchenette area in the bedroom. The electric lighting goes no way to compensate as it's totally underwhelming as well.

The furniture is old and worn and stained and/or broken but I will say that the bed itself was very comfortable and large - so I did at least get a good night's sleep.

Breakfast. Well there is a lot of choice, but the croissants and similar managed to be stale every single morning even at 6am, so I really don't know who the supplier is. They were like this 11 days running, so it wasn't just a one off, they clearly don't source quality.

On the plus side, the location is very handy as you can get a 22 bus to Palo Alto 2 mins from the Motel and if you're heading the other way to Mountain View, a 5 - 7 minute walk to the San Antonio shopping centre gets you a number 35. It's also good for Sunnyvale and the like as the 35 stops at the Mountain View transit centre which has VTA and Caltrain. Although it's literally yards back from El Camino, I was never troubled by traffic noise and I'd rate the location as pretty decent with nearby restaurants such as the boardwalk for a traditional american sports bar experience and vive sol for local mexican. Nothing fancy though - for that Mountain View is your best bet I think.

The staff were all perfectly friendly too - really the place is just let down by the fact that it's in need of a complete refurbishment from top to toe, and on that basis I'll be looking elsewhere when I'm next staying in the valley.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank archipenko
Archipenko, thank you so very much for taking the time to write a thoughtful review regarding your recent stay at the Best Western. Thank you for complimenting the staff's guest service, the variety of our daily breakfast, and hotels location. However, on behalf of the staff and myself, we would like to deeply apologize for not exceeding your expectations with the quality of your guestroom. We value your feedback tremendously and will use your suggestions when we renovate in the near future. Again, thank you for your time and we hope you will consider staying with us again when you return to the area. If you would like to further discuss your recent stay, please contact me directly at 650-962-9912.

Travellers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

McKinleyville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

Medical visits to Standard was the reason for all of our trips and this Best Western had all of the accommodations, location and best staff ever. We always use this hotel when going to Stanford or just general vacationing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW_PLUS_MVI, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 19 April 2014
Janeth M, thank you so very much for taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience while staying at the Best Western! Here at the Best Western, we are very fortunate to be in close vicinity of delicious eateries, major businesses, the Stanford Medical Center and other prime Peninsula locations. We strive to provide excellent accommodations and guest service to each guest and I am glad to know your experience was no exception. The staff and I look forward to your family's return! If we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at your convenience.

(650) 962-9912
Mountain View, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

My dental appliance went missing from my room. Despite multiple attempts to get someone to help resolve the issue or at least apologize for my inconvenience and now non-trivial additional out-of-pocket expense, the only action was staff claiming that they would leave a note for management who would contact me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Robert K
BW_PLUS_MVI, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Robert K,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Best Western. I would like to express my deepest apologies for not exceeding your expectations with the level of service you experienced. If you would be willing to contact me via e-mail or phone to further discuss. Your satisfaction is important to us and I want to do my very best to assist you with resolving this issue. In addition, we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

(650) 962-9912
Lincoln, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Extremely small room, very little light over bathroom sink which didn't provide sufficient lighting for make up. The bath area was so small you could not close door while showering. Also the heater units very noisy and kept coming on all night long. At breakfast in the morning we did not see an employee to request assistant and provide food items that were empty. I will say at check out very friendly staff and I was reluctant to inform her of the issues aforementioned. All told it was a typical stay at an older hotel which really doesn't fill the bill of a Best Western Plus. If nothing else from Best Western was available in the area I would stay again, but I would check for others in the area.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Boise1939
Boise1939,
Thank you for taking the time to tell other Tripadvisor travelers about your recent stay with us at the Best Western. I want to apologize for the multiple inconveniences you encountered throughout your stay and want to assure you, we have used your feedback to implement improvements within the guestrooms and our guest service. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review and we hope you will give us another chance to provide you a memorable experience.
Sonora, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed as we had a hospital visit. The rooms were clean and well appointed. The lighting was a bit dark especially the bathroom area. Hard to put makeup on. Otherwise it was a very pleasant experience. We would stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BW_PLUS_MVI, Front Office Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Deborah T, thank you for providing other Tripadvisor travelers insight about your recent stay with us at the Best Western! I appreciate your feedback regarding the lighting in the bathroom and hope to make improvements that better accommodate future guests. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to you return!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#7 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!