Stayed at this conveniently located hotel for almost 2.5 weeks on our summer vacation in July 2014. We wanted a solid, value-for-money hotel as a base for our daily excursions in the Bay Area, and chose Best Western, whom we've stayed with before in various countries.
Our first impression upon our arrival was that this was indeed it: The hotel looked OK (we would recommend management to update the pictures on the web site, though, to more accurately reflect what the hotel really looks like, as the current ones are a bit misleading in our opinion) and the staff at check-in was friendly and welcoming. The room was small but sufficient for our family of four (including two teenagers). The breakfast consisted of coffee/tea, different kinds of cereals, fresh fruit, yougurt, different kinds of juices, bagels, toast, pastries, eggs and bacon, and waffles. This was more substantial than we had expected.
The hotel had a pool area, which was nice. The drawback is that it is located next to a main road which makes it very noisy. A few plants would also make the pool area look a bit nicer.
The air-conditioned exercise room was small but sufficient; it had a crosstrainer, treadmill and a multi gym.
It's too bad that our initial positive impression did not endure. Our disappointment started when we discovered there was no safe in the room. This is more or less standard in all hotels of reasonable quality these days. Having to carry your valuables around for 2.5 weeks wasn't fun...
Housekeeping was inconsistent. At times, they didn't give us enough clean towels. Toilet paper and soap wouldn't be replenished, bathtub and sink weren't cleaned, bedsheets weren't changed (until we removed them from the beds), and the housekeeper would forget a trashbag on the sink. On several occasions, we had to go to the reception to get towels, toilet paper and soap. No apology was given for our inconvenience. Although not our nature, we escalated our dissatisfaction to management who appeared to take prompt action.
The breakfast area would run out of either bagels (stale on occasion) pastry, yougurt, fruit, cereal, halfway through breakfast, leaving only empty trays. On occasion, there actually was enough food - you just had to ask the staff to replenish...
The laundry machine also broke down and still wasn't repaired after more than a week. This was a major inconvenience for us.
Wifi was inconsistent as well, from acceptable to almost non-existent.
All in all, our experince with this hotel wasn't entirely pleasant. Sad to say, we're not planning on coming back and would not recommend this hotel until the above areas are addressed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mountain View Inn, located in the heart of Northern California's Silicon Valley, offers a winning combination of charming hotel rooms, modern amenities, and friendly service to all of our guests. Whether you're traveling to Mountain View for business or pleasure, our hotel's fresh facilities and complimentary perks are sure to enhance your trip. Best of all, our knowledgeable, multilingual staff is on hand to assist you with any needs or questions. We welcome you to Mountain View, and look forward to your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountain View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Mountain View Hotel Mountain View
- Best Western Mountain View
- Mountain View Best Western