“Unbelievable Staff!”
Review of Mountain View Inn

Mountain View Inn
Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 15 October 2010

I stayed here for the Dave Matthews Band concert in August with a friend. We had a wonderful time and the concert was amazing!! The hotel staff was friendly and warmly welcomed us. Our room was clean very and affordable.
The most incredible part of our experience at this hotel was when I left a personal item there and I was unable to travel back there to retrieve it. Abel, one of the hotel employees, drove to a packaging store on his on time and had it mailed to me! I don't know any other hotel that would be willing to do this! I can't say enough good things about my experience here. :)

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 27 September 2010

Recently I was checking my online credit card activity and noticed an extra 100$ charge. I called the manager and apparently I was charged for smoking in my room by this hotel. This is the most absurd thing I have ever heard as I am a non-smoker, and do not tolerate smoke. So far the manager has not made it right. No one smoked in my room. I will be contesting this charge. Check your credit cards if you have stayed here, this feels like a scam.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank TravellersFromAfar
Reviewed 19 September 2010

Very friendly and interested in making his hotel successful and customers happy. Great place for the business traveler.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 September 2010

The staff here is profesional, courtious, friendly and eager to please.
I stay here everytime I come to Silocon Valley for business. It's close to CalTrain, shops and great restaurants.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I've stayed at this motel several times now. It continues to upgrade, and gets nicer all the time. Free breakfast and free high-speed internet. Clean rooms and bath rooms. My room included a fridge, microwave, ironing board, and coffee maker. Everything I might have needed.

When I checked out, I left one small bag behind, that included some prescription meds. The staff had found the bag when I called, and one of them (Able) went to the trouble to take it to FedEx to be shipped back to me. That was a great relief and a great help.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2010

The staff at the Mountain View Best Western were so helpful, pleasant, and made our stay an excellent experience. This is not an inexpensive area of the country, but the rate this hotel offered was reasonable, unlike some others, and the ammenities we had were amazing. They have a great morning breakfast--hot and cold food--internet access with a computer (see we didn't take ours only planning to be gone a few days), and a pool. The rooms were clean, comfortable, and spacious. Everyone there was willing to help, and did help. Highly recommend this hotel, and will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2010

Pool was filthy all three days of our stay, we never could get enough clean towels for our needs, manager wouldn't speak to us, and responded to our complaints only after we complained to Best Western Customer Service, and then by email despite the fact that we asked for a phone call. his response? There will be towels in the future (GREAT, just what we needed, towels when we are gone), the pool is actually clean (it was full of loose dirt!), and we are working to see that it doesn't happen again? Oh, forgot to mention the carpet was dirty and the bathrooms were so small you had to straddle the toilet to close the door!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank hazelnutman
nonaga, Manager at Mountain View Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2010

We take each review seriously and apologize for the experience. We have towels available at the front desk for our guests. However, on this particular day there was heavy usage and by the end of the day our towel supply ran low. We have taken steps to ensure more towels are kept on hand to eliminate waiting for the front desk to obtain more towels. Although our pool has a filter and is checked daily, the outdoor pool sometimes requires additional cleaning to keep it pristine. Our Front Office Supervisor spoke directly to the guest regarding the towels and pool condition. The manager the guest may be referring to is the Regional GM. The RGM was at another property and tried to call guest, but their phone was not in service to receive calls.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mountain View
Hotel Zico
Hotel Zico
#3 of 18 in Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain View
Americas Best Value Inn Mountain...
#18 of 18 in Mountain View

Been to Mountain View Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Mountain View Inn

Address: 2300 W El Camino Real, Mountain View, CA 94040-1420 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Mountain View Inn)
Region: United States > California > Mountain View
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Room Service Shuttle Bus service Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#7 Family Hotel in Mountain View
Price Range: £89 - £247 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Mountain View Inn 2.5*
Mountain View Inn, located in the heart of Northern California's Silicon Valley, offers a winning combination of charming hotel rooms, modern amenities, and friendly service to all of our guests. Whether you're traveling to Mountain View for business or pleasure, our hotel's fresh facilities and complimentary perks are sure to enhance your trip. Best of all, our knowledgeable, multilingual staff is on hand to assist you with any needs or questions. We welcome you to Mountain View, and look forward to your stay. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mountain View Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Best Western Plus Mountain View Hotel Mountain View