“Quiet and cost effective”
Review of Hotel Aria

Hotel Aria
Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Concord, Massachusetts
“Quiet and cost effective”
Reviewed 2 November 2011

Good, inexpensive hotel to stay for a couple of nights. Rooms in the back are comfortable, quiet and clean. Parking is close. The continental breakfast is good with a variety of pastries, cereals, eggs and waffles. Outdoor pool and spa are fun. Staff is helpful and friendly.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank ilkkats

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Seattle, WA
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We were slightly taken aback when we arrived at this hotel. The exterior is not very attractive and could use some flower pots at the entry (and get rid of the ugly ash tray with cigarette butts outside the front door.) The rugs on the staircase and in the halls are worn and should be replaced.

But these flaws were quickly forgotten because of the comfortable room and great service we received at this hotel. Every staff person we came into contact with (we stayed seven nights) was friendly, helpful and professional. They truly made our stay enjoyable and are the reason we will book here again.

We had a standard king room on the second floor and it was clean and quiet. There was a slightly larger-than normal mini-fridge and a microwave. I liked the sink and large counter, which were outside the shower-tub and toilet room. The complimentary wireless connection was fast and reliable.

The breakfast room was cheerful and a staff member was always nearby cleaning-up spills and washing the tables between guests during the breakfast hours. There was hot food (scrambled eggs and cheese omelets on alternating days, biscuits and gravy, sausage and bacon) and cereal, pastries, fruit, English muffins and bagels with a toaster. No waffle-maker, though.

The pool area was in an interior courtyard and was very pleasant. There were patio tables with umbrellas and chairs and lounge chairs with small side tables. It was never noisy or crowded at the pool and I think the hotel was quite full during our stay.

This hotel was a very good value (we had a rate negotiated by the event we were attending.) We had numerous friends in nearby hotels that were not as pleased as we were with our accommodations and staff.

If you can overlook a few first impressions and like exceptional service, this hotel will be a good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face El Camino Real - it is a busy street.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank SeaGal_Seattle_WA
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 13 August 2011

We had 3 rooms here over the last several days. I booked through hotels.com and paid a little over $100/night plus tax. The hotel has a very strange room numbering system. We were on the 700 corridor, which was on the second floor and connected to the 400 corridor. Not a problem, just odd.

Pros: The hotel has recently been converted from a Holiday Inn Express. Furnishings are clean and new.
-Our room was large and comfortable, although the bed was a bit soft for our taste.

Cons:
-The exercise room is very small and has no weight machines.
-Breakfast is included in the room price and is very basic. There are 3 or 4 hot items every day, all of which look like they came from the freezer. We avoided that area after the first day. There was no yogurt or fruit salad, although there were whole apples and bananas. I would have appreciated a selection of teas; only orange pekoe is offered. Even the bread and muffins (no danish) looked and tasted cheap.
-Wifi is free but very, very spotty. It crashed at least once every time I was online.
-I would have appreciated a pen and pad of paper.

My biggest concern is that the hotel is unlocked 24/7. I don't mean just the lobby, I mean all the side and back doors were unlocked. They had key swipe pads but those weren't in use. During the day, the doors were often propped open! I know Mountain View isn't exactly Crime Central. Still, that situation made me very uncomfortable.

Staff, especially housekeepers, were friendly and eager to be helpful.

I'd probably look elsewhere if I returned to Mountain View.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Northern Virginia
Reviewed 10 August 2011

The Hotel Aria, a former Holiday Inn Express, was a decent spot to stay during a recent business trip for a conference. The room was fairly large, and the bed was comfortable enough. One word of warning, though: if you have a room-next-door neighbor, you'll definitely know when they're taking a shower -- the bathroom fan and shower were clearly audible in my room. Breakfast was your standard "hotel continental" fare, although I stuck with the pastries. Wireless internet was fairly slow and somewhat flaky, randomly disconnecting when using the service. Finally, the overall decor and appointments could use a strong refresh -- the wear and age of the carpets in the hall were very noticeable, and the TV's could use an upgrade to something recent.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
torrance,ca
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We decided to go up to the Bay Area one day earlier and wanted to stay near Stanford. All the "good" hotels were very expensive so decided to come to the Aria. It was just adequate. The room smelled terribly like some kind of cleaning fluid and I agree that the breakfast was terrible...I would have much rather had cereal, yogurt and pastries than the horrible eggs and sausages they provide...they should just make it easier for everyone concerned-simple is better in this case!
The worst thing was the non caring attitude of the front desk-not one smile the whole time, plus he really didn't care if we were happy or not.
If I were in a bind, I would come back but probably not.
Internet was a joke-had to go into the hallway to use it!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Thank W.O.F.
Fremont, California
Reviewed 23 July 2011

Other than the convenient location, this place didn't do much for me. On entering the room, I immediately sensed a musty odor. The room was fairly small and without much natural light coming in.

At breakfast, the scrambled eggs were greasy, but the rest of the stuff was OK. The fitness room is small, and only has cardio equipment. What annoyed me the most was the wifi which quit working. Despite informing the manager, he did nothing about it. This hotel is not worth the rates it charges. Not recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank DMax555

Travellers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

Merced, California
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Stayed for 2 nights early July, the room provides all the basics and is rather clean overall, but quite dated. As in the pictures it is clear the room has all the old stuffs - TV, chair, etc. However, the bed was comfortable and clean. The hotel provides free wi-fi, efficient for business travelers. Free breakfast every morning including hot items. Front desk lady was friendly enough and remembered my name when checking out.

The hotel has a pool and some people are staying for leisure so I guess it also serves its prupose for people taking holiday in the bay area. The hotel's restaurant right next to the lobby has TV on for probably 24 hours and front desk is also quite friendly, therefore even if I had a meeting finished @ 11:30pm and got back to the hotel @ 12am, it felt safe and warm as "someone's waiting for you to come home".

I especially love the location of the hotel, as many hotels in Mountain View area, it's safe, quiet (as the lady gave me a room facing the pool instead of the main street - El Camino Real), convenient too. One night I walked to a close by restaurant for take out order and it was a very nice and easy walk.

The only problem which is actually quite minor to my concern is the carpet all over the place (inside the room and on the hallway) are dated and dirty. I don't walk barefoot ever in the hotel so it was ok, just, it's not pretty at all.

All for all, it's a 4 out of 5 as it served the purpose well, but as a hotel, it needs more hardware improvements for sure, therefore the 3 star.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
#4 of 18 in Mountain View
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!