Hotel Aria
US$214
US$195
QualityInn
Hotel Zico(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$301
US$287
Hotels.com
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$159
Hotel Avante
US$263
US$235
ExtendedStay
Super 8 Mountain View(Mountain View)
US$267
Hotels.com
Mountain View Inn(Mountain View)
US$208
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$340
Hampton.com
Hilton Garden Inn Mountain View(Mountain View)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$227
GardenInn.com
US$406
US$387
Residence Inn
All reviewssausage pattiesa king size bedsmall couchhotel managerironing boardstanford hospitalquiet at nightel caminofresh fruitwill stay there againdowntown mountain viewmicrowavedanishmv
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I was first skeptical about staying at this hotel by reading the reviews, but I am so glad I took a chance!

Rooms are very clean! confy bed and everything so nice and tidy!
Service is great! all my requests were taken care of ASAP!
Front desk staff was always asking if I needed anything!
Although it is on El Camino Rd the hotel itself is very quiet! pool area very nice to just relax and work!
Breakfast is very decent! not just bagels and cereal but hot breakfast too!
Rate is very decent as well for what you get!
WI-FI works great!
Will deffinately be coming back! makes you feel very welcomed

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Kristen R
Reviewed 23 March 2012

a few thoughts...
room is clean but dated, stained carpet, manky looking chair. bed was comfy but horrible pillows and not great linens. shower hasnt been hot since we arrived; lukewarm at best. tv reception looks like we are running off old school rabbit ears. dont count on the continental breakfast unless you like microwave eggs, rubbery sausage and stale bagels. yuk! the hotel is super quiet-ask for a room in the back. for the outrageous silicon valley prices of hotels i guess this isnt bad but if you have the money to spend go to the westin!

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back on third floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank c w
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here with our two kids. You cannot beat the price for a hotel in this location, and the room came with free breakfast with a choice of cereals, muffins, eggs, sausages, toast, juices, and coffee. The hotel also offers free Internet, which I thought was on the slower side but still very usable and a nice plus. The room and beds were comfortable and clean, although of basic style. The hotel has an inner court with a pool and hot tub, which seemed pleasant but which we didn't use.

Room Tip: We had a room on the parking lot left side of the building, which was quiet. The rooms on the right side of the building border a street and are across the street from a busy car wash place and might not be as quiet. All room are convenient to the pool and hot tub because the hotel is in the shape of a square with the courtyard in the middle.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank lt3333
Reviewed 17 December 2011

From out of town, I was unfamiliar with the area surrounding Stanford University Hospital. Hotel Aria is relatively affordable in a good, modern area about four (4) miles from the hospital. There are many places to eat nearby. You need to know, other hotels on the same street, El Camino Real, but in the opposite direction from the hospital, are in much older neighborhoods.

The manager and staff were very kind and accommodating and extended my stay another 2 nights on short notice when my son's hospital stay was extended. I did not have to change rooms, and the manager gave me the same discounted room rate even though area hotels were full due to a soccer tournament. I sensed it gave him joy to help me and my son through a difficult time.

The room was comfortable, roomy and quiet. I would definitely go back. I learned the street, El Camino Real, was the original road connecting the missions in California.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in November 11 on business in the area. Check-in was fine, staff helpful and explained the set up of the hotel. Given a room on the 3rd floor at the back of the hotel (earlier advisor recommended this... thank you!) It was a long walk from reception to the room, but later if you had a car you could park and gain access with no problems.

I had a standard room, the size of the room was fine, it had a king-size bed, separate large chair, desk, plenty of power points, bathroom and sink area. The television had many channels, movie channels, the tv was an old style one (could do with newer flat screen ones)
the room was spotlessly clean, the housekeepers do a good job, the only real problems were: The room could do with a modern TV, the air/con could do with working, the bathrooms although clean had a one-piece moulded plastic framework around the shower although again clean it felt cheap and old-fashioned.

The biggest negative and its one that really lets the hotel down is the breakfast.... the food is all processed, it is not exactly what you want to wake up to and sit and enjoy, the coffee was fine, the muffins and pastries were ok, but the processed omelette looking cheese filled "things" were just horrible and that was complimented by some mini sausage looking "things" .... and to finish it off... it was all plastic cups, cutlery and throw away plates...these alone let the hotel down in my opinion.

I also agree on previous comments on the worn carpets...but I decided not to spend my time taking pictures!....if its being used its going to get worn....

The location was fine, the main el camino real that takes you into San Jose or up into other parts of silicon Valley was directly outside and could be noisy for some guests.

The area should be explored by car, its not for those without cars... if you don't have a car, maybe stay in Palo Alto - at least there are local stores and a high street to walk down.

I'm over in the bay area often, I stayed in Milpitas previously and in Palo Alto the first time, if given a choice, i'm going to look elsewhere next time, but please dont let this review put you off. In short, its clean, it does the job, the hotel can only go "up" in terms of adding the new features etc.. so you never know in 12-18 months improvments may be made.....

I do recommend the Stanford Shopping Mall, the creamary for breakfasts... LOL real cutlery.. what a treat! ;-) and this time I explored plenty of restaurants in the area... all good.

Room Tip: High Floor - at the back of the hotel.... and pack a metal knife, fork and spoon!
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business