“Relaxing”

Ranked #12 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Sacramento, California
“Relaxing”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The location is perfect, no freeway noise, just restaurants and shopping nearby. Beautifully maintained grounds, and facitlity. The billing dept remedied an issue to my complete satusfaction, professionally.

• Stayed October 2013
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, 17 October 2013
Hi

Out of many options available to you , we appreciate that you had chosen us and it gives immense satisfaction that we were able to meet your expectations !

Thank you and look forward to have you again .

Best

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We didn't expect much because we didnt pay very much. The accomodations were decent, rooms appeared clean, beds were very comfortable. Staff was very pleasant and check in was easy. We stayed at the Fairmont the following night in San Jose, and seriously, this place beat them out by what was offered for the price. The Aria hot tub didn't even have a time limit of when it could be used. (I refused to pay $35 at the Fairmont to sit in a over rated hot tub.) This might not be a place I would of enjoyed for a weeksat a time, but a for short 1 or 2 nighter when you don't want to spend alot, Enjoyable stay. Hope this helps.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HR V
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Hi

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to meet your lodging needs . We wish to have you back .

We appreciate for taking the time in giving us this review !

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Booked through booking.com. The TV in the room is a bit old - but who uses TV these days anyway. The Internet is fast and they offer free breakfast as well - though it ends quite early at 9:00am and I never had a chance to see how good the breakfast is compared to other hotels. Overall, no bad experience in this hotel - and I will probably stay here again next time I visit this area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron L
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hi

We are glad that you had a pleasant and hassle free stay ! Our breakfast official timings are 6AM to 9.30AM . We are sorry that you missed but hope that you would be back , try our breakfast and give us more credit on that too .

Yes , we have all that matters to the on the move business clients visiting Silicon Valley like free hot breakfast , indeed very good WIFI , comfortable beds and large pool and Spa to unwind and to top it all absolute cleanliness and friendly staff !

Hope to see you again .

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 September 2013

we stay at the Aria fairly often. it's close to Stanford and everything we want in Palo Alto. the last 2 times we stayed on the top floor at the back where the rooms are newer and would request that again. our room was spacious and quiet, everything in the room had been refurbished so it was very pleasant. excellent comfort in the bed. hot breakfasts are unusually good. the lone elevator was due to be inspected the week we were there and it needed a bit of maintenance. the pool was closed after being refreshed waiting upon the inspector to be reopened. we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheReids
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Hello Mr.Reid

Thank you for the feedback . We appreciate you taking the time . Hope you had a pleasant flight back home . We do look forward to have you back very soon !

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

Great location and had a great sleep!

Wonderful value, especially for the valley.

Staff was pleasant. Check in went smoothly.

Rooms are a little older, but clean.

Location is really close to "everything " in the valley.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Paul C
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, 22 August 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking the time in providing us a feedback ! This certainly helps us not only to improve ourselves but also encourages other prospective guests to choose us as you did .
With newly upgraded WIFI facility , more value for your stay in the Silicon valley !

Oceanside, California
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Spent 3 nights here while visiting family (booked via booking.com for a not-bad rate). Overall, it is a comfortable facility. However, going from the lobby to the room was a little disheartening. I pulled around to the back of the building, as instructed at check-in. All of the outside doors were propped open, so I grabbed my bags and headed inside --- wow, was it hot and steamy in those hallways! I was in room 402, so of course I'm looking around for signage that would direct me to my room (to no avail). A maintenance worker finally stopped and told me that my room was on the second floor, in the back, so I went up the stairs, down another hallway and finally found it in the back building.

As far as the room itself, it was quite comfortable: king bed (very comfy!), small couch, work desk, mini fridge, microwave & coffeemaker, iron & ironing board. The TV is the old-fashioned tube kind, so the picture was really blurry and fuzzy. The bath towels were the SMALLEST towels I have ever seen ... more like large hand towels, and really quite threadbare. They were clean, but small and thin. Shampoo, but no conditioner. Kind of one step up from the hotels where they put a shampoo dispenser on the wall.

Breakfast in the morning was more than adequate - sausage links, some kind of egg thing folded over with cheese in the middle, hash browns, bagels, toast, coffee, juice, cereal ... and for fruit ... green apples? The last morning I was there (Monday) the breakfast offered a bit more, with scrambled eggs, bananas, and more pastries. The pool area is right outside the breakfast room, with a nice small patio area where you can eat outside if you wish. The pool and spa are nice, clean with plenty of seating and towels (way better towels than those in the rooms!!)

However, if I have one negative for this property it is that the entire time I was there, the back outside doors were NEVER locked, giving access to the entire facility to anyone who wandered in. Traveling as a single middle-aged woman alone, I never felt entirely comfortable at night, especially because my room was at the end of the hallway on the 2nd floor, right next to the stairwell that led to the unsecured back door. I ended up pulling a small table in front of the door once I was inside for the night. I did mention it to the night manager two nights in a row and was told not to worry, that "we are safe here." I mentioned it again at check-out and was told they would look into it.

The other issue I had was my inability to communicate with the hotel staff; I had a very difficult time getting them to understand what I was saying, and they were difficult for me to understand. There was a small charge on my bill that I did not quite understand, but finally gave up trying to have them explain it, and just decided to let it be.

This could be a nice facility; it obviously was a Holiday Inn property at some point, and the outside shows its age, which is not a big deal. However, they need to give some serious thought to the safety of their guests and secure the outside doors. Also ... spring for some new bath towels. At $100+ a night, it would be nice to not have to use the hair dryer to dry off after a shower!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet, since they are off the busy street
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank BadDiver
Aria2700, Manager at Hotel Aria, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Hi

Thank you for taking the time in giving us a feedback which we do appreciate .

The outside doors as mentioned are left open by our guests and we constantly make an effort to monitor that and close them . While we understand your apprehension about safety , but yes as you were told we are in absolutely safe and peaceful area and look forward to have you stay with us again .
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 25 July 2013

I booked via the Internet, and specified in the reservation that I am requesting corporate rate. Yet when I arrived, I've been told that I won't be getting the corporate rate - "I should have called them on the phone to make the reservation". At the age of Internet, calling up to make a reservation - having to deal with international calls and 10 hours time difference - really?

There was a variety of unpleasant smells in the halls and in the room (the towels, rather thin and small, smelt too), the carpeting was filthy, and the A/C made a lot of noise. It was just bearable for a single night stay.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

#5 of 18 in Mountain View
Creekside Inn
Creekside Inn
#6 of 27 in Palo Alto

Been to Hotel Aria? Share your experiences!