I understand that this hotel may be lower priced than other hotels in the area, but there's a reason for that. The whole place needs to be updated - hallways, lobby, especially the rooms. I heard that some of the rooms may have been updated, but not mine. I was immediately brought back to my childhood. If you ever wonder where your 70s/80s furniture and TVs went, this hotel scooped them up. Even the amenities in the room were as cheap as could be. There were no name soaps and shampoos. The soap was as thin as could be, felt like plastic, and when you used it, felt like sandpaper. Maybe this was the special exfoliating kind, but it felt like someone dipped a plastic rectangle in sand. Bring your own soap! I'd rather they cancel the free breakfast, and put the money back into the rooms for some necessary updating. The breakfast here was a notch below holiday inn and hampton inn free breakfasts. Nothing fresh, all frozen and microwaved. You may want to go out instead.
We travel quite a bit and have been spoiled by some good hotels and vacation spots I guess. I couldn't wait to leave this place.
One bright spot, the person behind the front desk was nice and helpful in arranging for my taxi to the airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This Magnuson Hotels affiliate is located near Google Inc, Hewlet Packard Corporation, Stanford University, California’s Great Adventure, Aqua Adventure Waterpark, San Jose Convention Center and Shoreline Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Aria reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mountain View
- Mountain View Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Mountain View