“Friendly Efficient Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Pt. Pleasant, NJ
“Friendly Efficient Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

I just spent 3 nights at the Residence Inn in Mountain View. Everyone that worked at the hotel, from the Front Desk, to Breakfast/Happy Hour Servers, to Housekeepers were very friendly and super efficient.

However, I felt that the hotel was lacking in other areas. The heating/cooling in my room never worked properly. It was 80 degrees in the room when I checked in and it took over 24 hours for it to cool down to 70 where I had it set. And then by the day I left, it had sunk down to 66 degrees, even though it was still set to 70! Also, there was a broken drawer in my bathroom area that stuck out at an awkward angle. And the buildings and grounds just looked a bit dingy.

However, my room was spotless, and so was the breakfast area. Speaking of breakfast, it included lots of choices and was plentiful. I also took advantage of the Happy Hour spread one night as my dinner.

I found the area to be convenient, with several shopping centers close by and downtown Mountain View (i.e. Castro St.) a quick drive away.

Bottom line, for the price paid, I expected a bit better. However, given the proximity to my company's offices, I would consider staying here again but will most likely try some other choices first. FYI. I am Platinum with Marriott and the Front Desk clerk was quick to acknowledge my status, had a gift bag waiting for me, etc. No upgrade from what I paid for, but I knew the hotel was full during my stay.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
MtnView_ResidenceInn, General Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for staying with us at the Residence Inn Mountain View. We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. As a Platinum guest we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and value your feedback. We know that you travel frequently; therefore, I am pleased to hear your comments in regards to our staff. We strive to give our guests excellent service while making them feel appreciated and welcome. Your comfort and satisfaction are our top priority. I apologize that your room was not up to standard during your stay with us. We are aware that our hotel needs an update and we are happy to tell you that there are plans for our hotel to receive a renovation next year. Once again your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope the to see you again the next time you travel to Mountain View.

Adam Sahagun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Sunderland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Was here for a business trip for a week. Two level rooms with separate bathrooms allowed sharing without too much sharing. Would like suit a family well although the stays might pose a problem for small ones.

Rooms themselves were pleasant. Clean and well serviced.

Plenty of parking. Be wary of the main road - El Camino - gets very busy early and late on.

The main building has a pool - not big and right next to the road. Breakfast was decent enough. There are some restaurants and eateries nearby and a couple of 24 hour stores.

Decent enough

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Residence Inn is very good family hotel with nice big rooms, continental breakfasts. It is situated not far from city center and Main Street. One note for all travelers, wifi internet not fast enough, the rest is very positive

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KaterynaHaskova
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I only stayed for one night, and had no need for a breakfast, but the welcome was good, the room was clean and the bathroom convenient and also clean - in short, everything one can wish for for a short business stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Santa Cruz, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

My family stayed there for 12 days while I was in the hospital at Stanford. The location was close by and the rates were quite good for a two bedroom split level suite. Very clean and accessible. Lots of close by food and amenities. The breakfasts were totally acceptable.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Highland, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Individual buildings, 4 units to each I think, two levels -- plus a patio in the center of a 4 building set, and lots of trees, bushes, grass. Suggest you request a unit not so close to El Camino Real, as there's a lot of traffic there. Room is nice. Maintenance a little sub-par, a few things needing repairs are evident.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from main road
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

It was okay, I give it a 3 star due to I've stayed in many Residence Inns in the country, and this was average at best. Room was expensive for what we got versus what we expected. loft/penthouse was the classification. It was comfortable, property is dated in my opinion. In Mountain View CA,there are not many good choices. It was a one night stay for a concert. Would return if my schedule required, but nothing special about property. Customer service overall at this property, was good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MtnView_ResidenceInn, Manager at Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View, responded to this review, 24 September 2013
Good Day ISLANDbluefish,

Thank you very much for your review of your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott in Mountain View. It is nice to hear that you were able to reserve the Penthouse Executive Suite for your one night stay for a leisure concert visit! We assure that we can improve for a better than average score and guest experience. The hotel is an extended stay apartment style, with exterior corridors and entrances to provide the guest with the comfort of their own spacious property. Our ever improving attitude and team is pleased to hear the guest customer service of your visit was good. Marriott strives to enhance guest stays through guest feedback and reviews. We hope that should you return for another concert or leisure visit that you are able to choose Residence Inn by Marriott Mountain View as we are local to many great eateries and the amazing Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Amy Miyashita
Hotel Avante, a Joie de Vivre Hotel
Holiday Inn Express Mountain View - S Palo Alto
Hampton Inn & Suites Mountain View
Residence Inn Palo Alto Los Altos

Been to Residence Inn Palo Alto Mountain View? Share your experiences!