“Tried 3 times, each worst than the last!”
Review of County Inn

County Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Reviewed 10 September 2012

First time they couldn't find my reservation, no room. Second time they charged my credit card twice and it took months to get money refunded (the room was ok). Third time bait and switch, as the owners have another dumpy motel a few miles away and tried to have us stay there (there was no way we were staying there), I never did get my first nights $ refunded. Plus this same tactic happened with others I know. The owners and workers were awful in the way they treated us. You may ask why try three times. They are close to where I needd to be, and I hoped the first two times were just mistakes, but NO, Just don't do it!!!! I would sleep in my car before entering their doors again...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lynda S
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Th.ank you for your input. We have had our share of interface problems with OTA/GDS interface problem with the property management system. We are working on it very diligently with all the vendors involved. The property gets overbooked even though the channels are closed. We have hired reputable revenue management firm to help. Please book directly with the hotel and you will not have this problem until we solve interface issues.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

Do NOT stay here at this Motel. The Front Desk Personnel (all men) treated me like a second class citizen. I guess that in the country that these men are from that is the norm. My first room had a musty/moldy smell to it, so the folllowing morning I asked to switch rooms. My TV was broken in that it was not able to access any Premium TV stations or any Premium Movies, (it was never fixed). There were NO bedspreads on either bed in my second room, and when I asked for bedspreads, the hotel front desk personnel (again, a man) yelled at me in front of a guest standing in line at the front desk. There was used furniture haphazardly placed (I guess in storage) outside of my motel room piled on top of each other for days, it looked trashy. The walls/floorboards were so thin that I could hear and feel the footsteps of the guests on the 2nd floor above me who kept me up several nights during my stay. If it wasn't for the fact that the reservation was prepaid upfront, I would have checked out immediately and asked for a refund. Spend a few extra dollars and stay elsewhere, you will be happy that you did!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank petsitter711
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

I regret the fact that you were not treated the way you expected. I have discussed your input with the staff. We have added a female employee on the staff, Since this area is a melting pot of different natiotionalities the customs and culture are different. However basic values are the same.
I promise you that we will try very hard tofollow your suggetions.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

The pictures of the hotel make it look very cute, although pictures can be deceiving. The area surrounding the hotel was very disturbing, probably not in the nicest area.
When arriving on 8/12 the front desk reception was very rude. We entered the room the smell was moldy, the carpet was sticky and the toilet was not clean. I called the front desk to see if they had another room and they said they were fully booked, I then asked if housekeeping could clean the bathroom and he said housekeeping were gone for the day. So needless to say I couldn’t stay in filth. They would not refund the night stay since it already passed the 24 hour cancellation policy. Go figure.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you so much for your input. The area has suffered from prolonged economic slump. Couple of busiinesses have closed near the hotel. However the Gas station is reopening. Houses around the hotel are single family home and there are some apartment buildings. we are right across from NASA Ames research center and Google has occupied several buildings. I apologize that your room was not cleaned. The front desk made an error renting a room that was supposedly vacant dirty. Please let me know and I will refund your money immediately. Once again We are very sorry for this.

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We stay here when we come to visit our children in the area. It is very reasonable in comparison to all others in the area. It is easy to get to because it is just off Hwy 101. We often see people from Europe staying there. Our room has always been clean when we have stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
ckshah, General Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Thank you for your kind compliments. We look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 5 July 2012

We have stayed here every time we've gone to a concert at the Shoreline Ampitheater--about 6 times, so this review is based on more than a random, one-night stay.

It is always our first choice when staying anywhere in the area, and we stay elsewhere only if this one is sold out.

It is one of the closest motels to the Shoreline, and very convenient.

On every stay, the staff has always been very friendly and helpful (this last time, even helping us when we came in at 1:30am, with making up an icepack for one of our party who had an injury from the mosh pit!). It's independently owned and not part of a chain, which I think makes the staff really care about their guests' experience.

I see in other reviews that people have had problems with reservations make through third-party sites (Booking.com, kayak.com, etc.). We have always booked directly, and have never had the slightest problem with reservations.

I see a few reviewers have complained about condition, etc.. Well, no, it's not a Hyatt Regency, so if that's the kind of place you're expecting, yes, look for someplace else. This is just a great, basic motel, in a perfect location, at a great price!

Room Tip: All the rooms we've ever stayed in, throughout the property, have been fine.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kim M

Thank you so much for your returned loyalty, we are glad you enjoy our location and how close it is to the Shoreline Amphitheater. See you when you return.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

I will never. One back this room sucks they almost called the cops on me I had done nothing.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Blazenbomb
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

We regret you did not enjoy your lodging experience at our facility. Thank you for sharing your views and comments.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Booked this room through Booking.com. Will never do that again. Booked for 2 nights and after entering our room realized one night would be enough. Beer bottle caps stuck to the ceiling, stains on the floor and a funky odor. Called booking.com to cancel and they in turn called the on site manager. He was told there was nothing he could do since they had already paid for the two nights. The owner showed up and saw our room and said he could put us in another room but could not refund us for the room. I told him I would write a negative review. Anyways be careful when booking through a site not directly connected to the hotel. I learned my lesson. Also the pictures on the Internet of course made the rooms look good.

• Stayed: June 2012
5  Thank Jratigan97
ckshah, General Manager at County Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

This guest was checked in the room that was put out of order by mistake. Over the weekend lots of local University graduates and their family had checked into the hotel and it was hectic and hotel staff had their hands full. We regret the fact that our valued guest was given this room. When the guest informed us about the room we immediately gave him another room that was acceptable to him. The guest had problem with his reservation also which he had to take up with the booking OTA agency. We apreciate the comment andwill try very hard to be perfect in our imperfect way.