“Have Had Cheaper hotels that are better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of County Inn

County Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Mountain View
Arnold, California
“Have Had Cheaper hotels that are better”
Reviewed 14 January 2013

First of all as most of you know we travel alot for work,and finding a good deal on a quite,clean FRIENDLY,place to stay is always my first priority.We booked this hotel online for a great price of 58 a night..good deal the reviews where good,and the pictures looked great,just what we're looking for a nice place outta of the way but close to where we needed to go. When we showed up to check in the gentleman in the office was watching football,he didn' seem to eager to help and he never smiled,we got our key and went to our room. The room was okay seemed like alot of furniture for a room with 2 beds(we asked for a room with one) there was a dark hair on the tank of the toliet and the floor could of been cleaner. The beds where comfy,however if you use the free internet you have to be hardwired THERE IS NO WIRELESS INTERNET, the tv has more channels in spanish,chinese,and asian than english. If you want to watch comedy central,cartoon network,history etc it is 2.00 MORE A DAY and then once you pay for this service it didn't even work and cartoon network was not a option even though it says it is. When I said something to the gentleman at the front desk who once again wasn't to happy I interrupted his football game he said he would send a tech the next day..well ya after I said something to the lady at the front desk the next day,who was way more friendly.So I can deal with all this and desided to go ahead and book for the rest of the week,went to the office to ask the "FOOTBALL LOVER" if we coud extend the room till the end of the work at the price I booked the room for orginally,no way I had to go back online todo so..now I can understand that if we had checked out and came back but we never left the hotel,when I went on line to do so this room was now 70 a night...now I don't know about you but 58 plus tax and plus 2 a day to watch tv,without wireless internet is pushing it,but 70 a day and 2 for tv and no wireless I can go to a Days Inn...and get better customer service. Remember we pay these people for a service,when we check in they should be happy to see us,asking if there is anything they can do to help with our stay,talking on their cell phones,watching tv,or any other kind of distraction is unexceptable.traveling and being away from home is hard enough,and when your paying for a service no matter how much your paying there should be some form of statisfaction.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
seattleguy57
Reviewed 4 December 2012

Tried to check in at 10am. They said that I could not check in until 3pm even though they had clean rooms available. For a place that is as big of a dump as this joint, you think they would make some accomodations for early arriving guests.

Room Tip: The best tip for a good room is to find one at another hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank seattleguy57
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
We are extremely sorry that we could not accomodate your request to check in early. Hotel was sold out previous day and the staff was busy cleaning the rooms. Hotel check in policy is 3pm and our valued guest wanted room at 11 am, We put three maids to clean up a room for the guest and he was checked in at 12 noon. We appologize that we could not instantly come up with a clean room.

Travellers are raving about these Mountain View hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Location's excellent, the room is clean and spacious (I got the only with the jacuzzi bathtub), and it's nice and quiet. The cute receptionist answered all my questions in a friendly manner.

The location's quiet, the pool looks clean and well-cared for. Unless you're looking for a Wonderful Experience, this motel certainly suffices for business or casual travel. It's very close to Google and Linkedin and the Shoreline Amphitheatre.

Most importantly, the wifi speed is at 5 Mbps. That's good enough for me.

Room Tip: Be aware the "jacuzzi" is simply a bathtub jacuzzi. It fits one comfortably, unless you...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
NYC
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This basic motel doesn't look special from the outside but the King room was very spacious and included a separate dining area. The bed was comfortable. The staff was very nice and let us stay in our king room rather than asking us to move to the queen room even though we only booked it for 1 of our 3 nights. It took us awhile to figure out how to turn on live tv (blue button on remote) - they seem to want you to pay $5 a day for on demand TV. Breakfast was good - the hard boiled eggs were a nice addition to all of the typical high carb options (cereal, bread, muffins, waffles).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, 31 October 2012
Thank you for your comments. We greatly apreciate your kind words. The proprietary TV system is unique to our hotels. The uniquely designed remote allows you to select any one of 80 plus channel for free. This includes HBO, ESPN, STARZ and federal goverment broadcast High Definition channels with 1080 pixel 40 inch flat screen TV enhances your viewing. Five dollar charge is for the pay per view movies which are current movies being played around the movie theaters. We are embarking on new hard floor treatment in every room, window drapes , new pillow top matresses and much more. Please visit us soon and guide us how and when we should add amenities.
Pollock Pines, California
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My husband and I stayed there for a concert at Shoreline,perfect choice for that,really close.The room was very clean and had everything we needed.All the management/staff were very nice.They have a pool and also serve breakfast.It was also reasonably priced for the bay area.We would for sure stay here again :)

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Los Altos, California
Reviewed 27 September 2012

This location really works for me, it's a short driving distance from downtown Mountain View and right by the bike trail leading to Shoreline park. The people are friendly, rooms clean and spacious. The price is in a bit lower than other places in Mountain View. They fill up fast, reservations are recommended.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Penngrove, California, United States
Reviewed 10 September 2012

First time they couldn't find my reservation, no room. Second time they charged my credit card twice and it took months to get money refunded (the room was ok). Third time bait and switch, as the owners have another dumpy motel a few miles away and tried to have us stay there (there was no way we were staying there), I never did get my first nights $ refunded. Plus this same tactic happened with others I know. The owners and workers were awful in the way they treated us. You may ask why try three times. They are close to where I needd to be, and I hoped the first two times were just mistakes, but NO, Just don't do it!!!! I would sleep in my car before entering their doors again...

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lynda S
ckshah, Manager at County Inn, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Th.ank you for your input. We have had our share of interface problems with OTA/GDS interface problem with the property management system. We are working on it very diligently with all the vendors involved. The property gets overbooked even though the channels are closed. We have hired reputable revenue management firm to help. Please book directly with the hotel and you will not have this problem until we solve interface issues.