“Great food”

Cuisines: Japanese
Ashland, Massachusetts
“Great food”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I love sushi but can be pretty picky. This was a great place. First suggestion, sit at the bar. Service is super fast - even before I finished my soup my sushi was ready and the sushi chefs are very entertaining. I started with sake sashimi - there were 4 cuts almost a half inch thick. Then I had the ebi crunchy roll and tthe Hawaiian roll - tuna and avocado. The ebi is oddly both crunchy and smooth - shrimp tempura with avocado and tuna (yes I like both tuna and avocado). The price is not out of this world - typical fresh sushi prices.

1 Thank Omni99

Seattle, Washington
“Our go-to sushi restaurant for 7 years”
Reviewed 21 August 2013 via mobile

We've gone to Satsuma 1-2 times per month for the past 7 years. It is consistently good and fresh. We've had sushi of all types, teriyaki dishes, udon and plenty of combination dinners. The service is usually pretty decent. They also have an all-you-can-eat deal on Sunday nights if you want to gorge yourself on sushi (you pick from a preset list of about 15 types).

Visited August 2013
Singapore, Singapore
“Very nice dinner”
Reviewed 28 July 2013

I lived in the bay area for a few years but left about 2 years ago. I was back recently on a business trip and decided to go back to Satsuma for dinner.

I was not disappointed at all. I ordered the 3-piece bento set and selected the Salmon Terriyaki, Hamachi sashimi and Chicken Katsu. It was as good as I had tasted it. And the salad (complimentary with the bento set) was as good as I had remembered with its signature salad topping.

I will definitely go back there again the next time I am in the Bay Area.

• Visited July 2013
The Woodlands, Texas, USA
“Great Food”
Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Great sushi, very fresh, service can be a little slow, but the food is worth the wait. Very nice place.

• Visited July 2013
Denver, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A popular place for a good reason”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Across from the Hilton Garden Inn, so it's convenient. If you like Sushi, or Rolls or just Chicken Teriyaki, this place is a great, convenient location, lunch or dinner place. Note, they close in the middle of the day, and reopen at 5:00 for Dinner. The outside of the place isn't that attractive, nor the inside, but the food makes up for it. I walked in at 5:01, and by 5:30 the sushi bar was half packed with what appeared to be folks who had been there before. Good size portions too. Enjoy

• Visited May 2013