“Quick lunch-pleasant”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We had a quick lunch-fish and chips, soup- tasty, pleasant English style environment- great location - pleasant staff- would Stop by again for lunch.

Just bear the Muir woods and Muir beach. On the main road - can't miss it.

They have a small lodge. But have no idea about it

There are newer reviews for The Pelican Inn Restaurant

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have been a guest at The Pelican Inn repeatedly and always enjoyed the experience - the beautiful location, the ambiance reminding me of an English country pub, the great food. My latest visit was on Jan 25 for Robert Burns night. Once again a wonderful experience, a great meal made even better by a program of poetry, dance and bagpipes and the very convivial atmosphere. I even discovered my new favorite dessert drink: ginger wine. Unfortunately, the evening had an unpleasant and somewhat scary end. My friend had brought her small-sized service dog into the pub room after the official dinner was over and most guests had left. The inn's manager saw the dog and completely overreacted. He could not know the dog was a service dog but instead of politely asking my friend to take the dog outside, he threw her out in a physically menacing way, did not allow her back in to retrieve her purse, gave her and three apparently long-time and local guests who wanted to interfere life-time bans, and was generally very aggressive and rude. I very much hope this was a one-time exception as I really like this place and would like to visit again.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

OK, so admittedly I haven't visited all of the English pubs in California, yet, but this one is amazing with great food and a perfect "olde-world" feel. Had the bangers and mash, which were just exactly as they should be - spot on or better. If friends had not suggested this out-of-the-way hidden-gem, we'd have never known what wonderfulness we were missing! Plus, it offered the best Guinness pour I've had in a long time!

Reviewed 15 December 2013

It's great to walk into a restaurant with no expectations. This little treasure measures up to many excellent spots in big cities. We went for the oysters and finished with beef Wellington,
both very good. A hidden gem with no TV. My wife loved that. Also a terrific bar, authentically British.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

After 3 friends and I hiked Muir Woods, we made it to see the beach area. My neighbors from home (who I trust with travel recommendations) had stayed at the Inn before, and told us that we HAD to stop by for a quick drink/meal. I'm so glad that we did!

Its old English just outside of San Francisco, which feels very unique. We basically had the bar area to ourselves - which was easily enjoyed with their Pelican IPA (which Lagunitas makes for only them).

I hope to return, and stay for a night or two. Great place in a special area!