“The Bathroom”
Review of Murphys Inn Motel

Murphys Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Murphys
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at the motel Sunday June 8th.
Kyle checked us in and did a fine job. He recommended Firewood restaurant and it was just what we had in mind. Thanks again Kyle.
Unknown to him though were the following issues:
Toilet did not work properly and shower head had only one setting in the massage mode.
We would stay there again as long as there is assurance of no bathroom malfunctions!
Location was convenient and value good for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for assurance that the room has been checked for all amenities working properly.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

I hope you reported your concerns to someone so we can have maintenance take care of the issues. I will try to look into this. Thank you for the review.

There are newer reviews for Murphys Inn Motel

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We love going to Murphys and the Murphys Inn is a great place to stay when we are just coming for a weekend visit. They staff is great and very friendly with oreos cookies at the front desk to boot! There is a wonderful little diner right across the way, perfect to grab some breakfast before heading into town. Highly recommened!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We are so pleased to have you every time you visit and look forward to your next return.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel took really good care of us and we would definitely stay here again! Tanya was so helpful with all of our "touristy" questions and very polite to us. They took special care to get our rooms ready for earlier check ins because we were there for a wedding. The rooms were very clean and our needs were well met for an overnight stay. Not super close to downtown but close enough to stores and restaurants easily within walking distance. Great place to stay and I would recommend the Murphys Inn Motel.

• Stayed: June 2014

Please to hear that we were able to meet your needs of an early check-in to get you to the wedding on time.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

I recently stayed at the motel for 4 days. From the very moment I walked in I was greeted by Angela, who answered all my initial questions and helped me with luggage. The room was clean and comfortable. It stayed that way too, thanks to Bonnie. Tanya was a big help to me as well, directing me to various places throughout my stay. Had a very nice stay here. When I returned home I found that I had left something behind. I called the motel and spoke with Mike who helped me figure out how to get that item shipped back to me. Kyle another employee, packaged it all up and I had it the next day. These are the nicest and most efficient people you'd ever want working for you. I would highly recommend Murphys Inn Motel, great people, price and value!

Room Tip: For really quite rooms, book opposite the parking area.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so much! It is wonderful to hear that you encountered so many of our team members and received the best every time. That is exactly what we strive for.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were two couples for just an overnight.... both very pleased with the location, amenities, cleanliness. The people at the front desk were all quite helpful. I would recommend this nice little place to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Happy to hear you enjoyed our country inn. We hope that you return soom. Check out our web page for packages.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

On a tour round the "Gold Country" we stayed here for one night. We had 2 rooms and there were 2 children in our party. Tanya at the front desk was a great help in suggesting good places to eat and the children loved the outdoor pool. The rooms were absolutely spotlessly clean and very comfortable. Ideal touring stop and ideal for visiting Big Trees park. Could easily have stayed here longer.

Room Tip: Room 202 was particularly good. On second floor and with screens at the windows, it meant we could s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Tanya is a wealth of knowledge. Glad we were comfortable for your family. We do have a few joining rooms which may help with your family trips.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

My family and i decided to stay at the Murphy motel.We had an amazing time!They have great service and they are very friendly.We had a great experience.The rooms are clean and the view from the windows are amazing!Mike was one of the workers at the front desk he was very nice about telling us which restaurant is a good place to have dinner.I recommend that you should stay at the Murphy motel for a great night.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for the review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphys
Murphys Suites
#2 of 8 in Sonora
Travelodge Angels Camp CA
Travelodge Angels Camp CA
#3 of 5 in Angels Camp

Been to Murphys Inn Motel? Share your experiences!