“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Murphys
Grass Valley, California
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were in town for grandchildren's graduation, looking for someplace clean, quiet and comfortable. We scored on all counts, with the added bonus of the very helpful Tanya.
She was over the top in helpfulness--we had to get a fax off to our son, and had problems on the receiving end. Tanya was patient and persistant--and we got thru. Made for a very pleasant experience all around.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
glad we were able to make your stay during your grandchild's graduation comfortable. Tanya is a star team player.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Lemoore, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I can be particular and have an eye for detail. The rooms were clean and comfortable. My plans were for only one night, but I would have been glad to stay for more. Within walking distance to many businesses. The staff was helpful and friendly. Dealing with Tanya was a nice no hassle experience. If I'm ever in Murphys again I will book a room at the Murphys Inn Motel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you for the kind words and we do hope that you visit Murphys again soon,
Nevada City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed at the motel Sunday June 8th.
Kyle checked us in and did a fine job. He recommended Firewood restaurant and it was just what we had in mind. Thanks again Kyle.
Unknown to him though were the following issues:
Toilet did not work properly and shower head had only one setting in the massage mode.
We would stay there again as long as there is assurance of no bathroom malfunctions!
Location was convenient and value good for the area.

Room Tip: Ask for assurance that the room has been checked for all amenities working properly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
I hope you reported your concerns to someone so we can have maintenance take care of the issues. I will try to look into this. Thank you for the review.
Pinole, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We love going to Murphys and the Murphys Inn is a great place to stay when we are just coming for a weekend visit. They staff is great and very friendly with oreos cookies at the front desk to boot! There is a wonderful little diner right across the way, perfect to grab some breakfast before heading into town. Highly recommened!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
We are so pleased to have you every time you visit and look forward to your next return.
Marina, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This hotel took really good care of us and we would definitely stay here again! Tanya was so helpful with all of our "touristy" questions and very polite to us. They took special care to get our rooms ready for earlier check ins because we were there for a wedding. The rooms were very clean and our needs were well met for an overnight stay. Not super close to downtown but close enough to stores and restaurants easily within walking distance. Great place to stay and I would recommend the Murphys Inn Motel.

• Stayed June 2014
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Please to hear that we were able to meet your needs of an early check-in to get you to the wedding on time.
Hollister, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I recently stayed at the motel for 4 days. From the very moment I walked in I was greeted by Angela, who answered all my initial questions and helped me with luggage. The room was clean and comfortable. It stayed that way too, thanks to Bonnie. Tanya was a big help to me as well, directing me to various places throughout my stay. Had a very nice stay here. When I returned home I found that I had left something behind. I called the motel and spoke with Mike who helped me figure out how to get that item shipped back to me. Kyle another employee, packaged it all up and I had it the next day. These are the nicest and most efficient people you'd ever want working for you. I would highly recommend Murphys Inn Motel, great people, price and value!

Room Tip: For really quite rooms, book opposite the parking area.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you so much! It is wonderful to hear that you encountered so many of our team members and received the best every time. That is exactly what we strive for.
Bishop, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were two couples for just an overnight.... both very pleased with the location, amenities, cleanliness. The people at the front desk were all quite helpful. I would recommend this nice little place to others.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
miclee, Owner at Murphys Inn Motel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Happy to hear you enjoyed our country inn. We hope that you return soom. Check out our web page for packages.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphys
Murphys Suites
#2 of 5 in Angels Camp
The Robin's Nest
The Robin's Nest
#1 of 3 in San Andreas

Been to Murphys Inn Motel? Share your experiences!