“First Timers”

Newark, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“First Timers”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

We went the first Sunday of February and had a absolute BLAST! It was my wife and our two daughters, 7 & 10. I have ridden several times and my oldest just a couple, but my wife and youngest had never been on a horse and they were so excited and this trip did not disappoint. Our guide was kind and courteous, very patient with all of us. The total time of our day was about 1.75 hours and we were riding for about about 1 hour of that time. The only negative I can think of is it is a little pricey.

Visited February 2014
5 Thank timmy2putt

La Habra, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Sunset Ride”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Sunset was the perfect time for a ride. The temperature had cooled from the afternoon heat which made for a very pleasant time. Our group included myself and 5 of my grandchildren, ages 9-16. It was a great ride, the scenery was beautiful, and the horses were easy to handle. We were told we'd have an hour ride and that's exactly what we got. Thank you Horse and Barrel, we had a great time!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Cindy F
Sparks, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Time!!”
Reviewed 18 March 2013

This was a fantastic ride! There was a large group of us all experienced riders and very happy with the trails we took! Steep ups and downs through the mountains and into town and back. Great ride! Looking forward to booking our next trip very soon!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank sheepishfox
San Francisco, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

From looking at the information given it states that they can accomodate for all abilities, all of the people in our party were experienced riders but didnt break out of a walk.The twisted oak ride was meant to be roughly 1 1/2 hours long, it was not even an hour long. I would not recommend this for anyone who is experienced of who want to experience more than a plod around in a circle.

Visited October 2012
7 Thank Charlotte O
Danville, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Horseback riding”
Reviewed 21 May 2012

3 of us went horseback riding at this place in Vallecitos, Ca, just 4 miles outside of Murphy's. The ride was just up a short hill from the Twisted Oak Winery. Our guild was very informative and well experienced with riding horses. She found out each of our riding abilities and matched us up with the correct horse. She also gave us a mini lesson on what to do and not to do. She was very accommodating as we lost something during our ride and we had to take a detour to find our lost possession. All during this time, she was more than happy to find our belonging. Later they called us to say that they found it, which was very nice. I would recommend this place to go for horseback riding. They also do other rides that involve more areas.

Visited May 2012