“Foodie's Paradise”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We came into Alchemy yesterday afternoon looking for lunch and got an amazing experience to boot. Service was great and the food was simply amazing.

I had a delicious Cherry Brown Beer made by Moylans and their special of the day was a Trout Sandwich served with a garden salad. Every aspect of the meal was delicious. My date was eating an artichoke pizza that was served with a Caesar salad. It was all so good.

Don't miss this when you are in Murphy.

There are newer reviews for Alchemy Market and Cafe

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We live in Murphys and eat out often. If it's non vegetarian dinner we're looking for... 80% of the time we head for the Alchemy. Good food, good service, good selection of beers and wine... casual, cheerful ambiance... what else do you need?

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The characters are: Wife, daughter, 14, son, 21, and I. The setting: Main St., Murphys, CA. Scenario: It's 7:00pm on my birthday, thousands of miles from home, and the fam wants to take me out to dinner. As we were waiting for seating to open up at the fabled Murphys Historic Hotel restaurant, we decided to take an early-evening stroll down Main. Almost at the end of our walk, we went by this "wine bar" called Alchemy. From inside issued strains of live music and peals of congenial laughter and conversation. We went inside and asked if we could be there with a minor. Yes, we could. We were seated. We had mains only, and a bottle of wine. All food was above expectation. I had a delicious steak with perfect sides. The bar is gorgeous, and offers a full range of craft beer on tap, including a Duchesse de Bourgogne Belgian Sour that was over the top delicious. The live music was played by an elderly couple, perhaps refugees from '60's SF. They were delightful, and the lady played a succession of different instruments, string and wind, including the harmonica. We all loved the place.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Based on reviews my wife and I decided to give Alchemy a try and we were not disappointed! I asked our server (who was very friendly) for her advice and she recommended the meatloaf. She was 100% right. Never in my life have I eaten meatloaf that tastes like a perfectly seasoned steak. it was out of this world. My wife had the chicken & artichoke pizza and it was amazing too. Everyone was very friendly and the atmosphere was excellent.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Many types of craft beers on tap. Servers are patient and even gave samples. Nachos rocked. Outside seating was wonderful