“Glad we went!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I had heard about Murphy's but hadn't made an effort to explore... we were so glad we went on a last minute day trip! We happened to park directly in front of Alchemy so we walked in for lunch and were seated immediately. The three hearts salad was excellent and paired really well with a spicy tomato soup. I chose a fantastic ale from their extensive beer menu. I would definitely go back for a 'mountain weekend'.

Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner at Alchemy. It was not crowded at all when we where there towards the end of the dinner service on a Friday night. We shared the Three Hearts Caesar salad. I had the boneless 1/2 chicken and my partner the ribs. All were very good. Portions were large ... we had enough leftover for a picnic lunch Saturday. Entertainment was guitarist/singer, mellow and very enjoyable. Service was good.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This one of our stops on a Food Tour. We were served calamari and a beer. I thought the calamari was excellent. I tried the beer, but I am not a beer drinker, so I don't know how good it was. We met the chef Jason. It was a very pleasant place to stop.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Alchemy Cafe sits on Main Street in Murphys.
We sat outdoor on the patio where the live music was just right where we didn't have to shout to be heard.
The glazed salmon, fried calamari with aioli sauce, ribs, and chicken under a brick were all excellent as was the service.
However what stood out was the triple layer puff pastry coconut creme pie drizzled with caramel..it's meant for two, but I ate the whole thing.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Not having any ideas where to eat in Murphy's, my guy and I walked into Alchemy based on their menu on display outside. The service was good and the food was terrific. I had the artichoke pizza that came with a caesar salad. Besides tasting great, there was enough food to fill me and have plenty of leftovers the next morning.
My guy had the special...a trout sandwich, which he accompanied with a cherry beer. He raved about both.
I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a great meal in a wonderful town.