“So good!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Their salads are amazing. So are their pastas. So is their wine selection. Oh, and don't forget their beer selection! Ill stop rambling. just know the place is worth the price!

1  Thank LCM599

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Alchemy has been a long-time favorite and our meals (a salmon dinner for me, Petrole Sole for my husband) were both delicious. We happened to be there on a winemakers' night so the music was a bit loud for our personal taste but the other guests were having a good time and other than the lack of service and personal attention diners usually receive because of the special activity and capacity crowd it was a delicious meal.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I recently had lunch here on a Friday afternoon. We sat outside in a nice patio area. I had the Greek Ahi Salad and my husband had the bbq quesadilla. Both were great! The portions were HUGE. If I had to do it again I would have shared the salad with my husband because after we ate the super yummy "Gold Nugget Cheese Bread" that was brought to the table we were nearly filled up! We will definitely be back!

1  Thank LisaC2952014
Reviewed 5 July 2014

During our week long stay in Calaveras county, I will have to admit, this was the best place we had a lunch and a dinner during the week. Sad that we had to leave Angels Camp to find a decent dinner... We enjoyed our initial visit at lunch which consisted of the Mushroom and Artichoke Pizza plus a salad and the daily special flat bread pizza and a salad. The waiter was attentive and very personable. As for our dinner visit, it was on the 4th of July and a little busier than normal. We arrived at 6:30pm and were promptly seated outside. Given it was crowded for the dinner service, on a Friday night, we were happy to be seated. My dinning partner had the Three Hearts Caesar salad with chicken and I had the fish special on a bed of heirloom tomatoes. The good comments for dinner is that the portions were large. The down side of the dinner was that the full dinner version of the Three Hearts salad was not as good as the lunch version. I suspect that whoever the person is prepping the salad makes the difference. For the dinner version, I have to say that there was way more greens (80%) then the accouterments. The lunch salad was only 40% lettuce and 60% fix-ens... This was disappointing. As for the fish special with heirloom tomatoes, it was very good. We also have to say that the dinner service was lacking. Our waitress was too busy talking with fellow staff than ensuring her tables were serviced. I don't know if she had too many tables to take care of, but when we saw her talking and talking with fellow staff vs. delivering meals, refilling glasses and checking in on us, we got a little upset. I do have to say, that I tend to tip 20+% for really good service, however, if my ice tea or water is not refilled as promised, or we have to wait and wait for someone to check in on us, or if our waitress disappears, then we start docking the tip %. When we left, the waitress only earned a 14% tip and that was generous. Overall, we would go again, but more than likely for lunch.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

A group of us ate here in early May and everyone enjoyed their meal. The service was great as they even have a reserve beer list and the waiter was very knowledgeable. I had the "scalene", hope that is right, a combination of scallops and abalone. They were really tasty and 3 large pieces. They apps were great. All in all I can't imagine a bester place in Murphys. My advice eat there