“Great Coffee”

Gold Country Roasters
Ranked #1 of 1 Coffee & Tea in Murphys
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Gold Country Roasters is an artisan coffee roaster and coffee house located in the charming gold rush era town of Murphys, CA. All of our coffee is roasted by hand onsite in small batches, ensuring optimum flavor and freshness. We offer hot and cold espresso drinks, brewed coffee, tea and chai, fruit smoothies, Italian sodas, and fresh, locally baked pastries and sweets including gluten free options. We also carry a nice selection of coffee brewing equipment and accessories. Open 7 days a week from 7am to 5pm. Indoor and outdoor seating. Free Wi-Fi.
Reviewed 18 September 2012

Stopped by this new coffe house to get my fix on afternoon. The aroma walking from the parking lot into the shop was enough to convince me to grab a bag while I was there to take home and enjoy. Friendly owners, great fresh roasted coffee, free wi-fi, indoor and out door seating.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

We found Gold Country Roasters while looking for a place to get some good coffee on a Saturday morning in Murphys. We passed several places on Main St., but there was no place to park. We turned onto Scott St. and saw the sign for coffee, and there was also parking, so we decided that Gold Country Roasters was going to be our stop.

The shop is clean and modern, and the two ladies behind the counter gave us a warm greeting. They informed us that they roast their own coffee and did not rush us to place our order.

I ordered a blended iced mocha for my husband, and a hot breve mocha with fresh whipped cream for myself. We agreed that these were the best mochas either of us have tasted anywhere! We found the balance of chocolate to coffee to be perfect. We could taste chocolate, but it supported the espresso, rather than over powered it. And so the balance was just dreamy. The espresso had a very nice flavor as well. It was rich, and deep, but not at all bitter. Very nice. We agreed that we would be coming back to Gold Country Roasters for our coffee the next morning, even though it was the opposite way we were heading.

When we did return, I let the two ladies know that we felt their mochas were the best we have had and they were not only gracious about it, but they truly wanted to know what it was about the drinks that we liked. I could tell that they cared and wanted to hear the feedback.

I do recommend Gold Country Roasters for the best coffee in Murphys!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

coffee is great, grab some and take it home, they roast it there.

1  Thank rmcsticks
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a fairly new coffee shop run by two delightful ladies who roast their own coffee! My husband and I had a very nice time talking with them and getting out morning caffeine fix (the hotel coffee was basically hot water). I'd recommend stopping by. We even bought a pound of their own roast to use at home in our espresso machine!

1  Thank Roberta F