“CupCAKE Boss”

Ranked #3 of 3 Bakeries in Murphys
Description: Winner of the Cupcake Wars
Description: Winner of the Cupcake Wars
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It's unlike any cupcake I've had before, but maybe that's because I'm used to the everyday box mix or the overly-sugary confections of the neighborhood supermarket. Still, I enjoyed the freshness and unique flavors of the cakes. They taste more like cornbread frosted with cream cheese, giving a lighter and more sophisticated texture and flavor. It's no wonder the baker won Food Network's Cupcake Wars a few years back (she really did!)

Reviewed 24 August 2013

If you like cupcakes then you must try this place when you go to Murphys. This cupcake shop is not in the busy stretch of downtown. It is a little to the east of Murphys downtown but within walking distance. It's worth walking 5 mins there. That section of main street is less noisy, more class, and has lots of fine shops and restaurant. They even have a cute boutique shop for the pooches.

This cupcake shop is tastefully decorated - casual ambiance. They also have outdoor seating. We really enjoyed our coffee and cupcakes there. Staff was very friendly too.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Lila and her assistant were on the Food channels's Cupcake Wars and won! If you taste her cupcakes, you will understand why. She has a wide variety of cupcakes that are often unusual including her winning cupcake with sage in the batter. To me there is always a little too much frosting, but overall hard to beat

1  Thank David L
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We all wanted to try different flavors. We tried lemon, chocolate peanut butter, and chocolate raspberry. They were all moist and tasty.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Coffee machine didn't work. Handed me a cold espresso when they couldn't make a cappuccino-ended up with a Bubble Up. Disliked the lavender orange cream cupcake, threw it away (would not offer me another choice). But I bought another and it was good. Not worth $3.50 a cupcake, which for me was $7.00 for two.