“A Lovely Little Inn”
Review of Victoria Inn

Victoria Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Murphys B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 September 2009

We stayed in the Eucalyptus suite which is in a seperate building/cottage behind the hotel. It was expensive (about $300 a night), but well worth it. It is sometimes used as the bridal suite. The room was large with a sitting area, a fireplace and bookcase alcove. The bed was a king four poster with a comfortable mattress and lovely linens. There was also a large bathroom with whirlpool tub and shower. The best part? No television and no telephone. There was a little ethereal experience with what seemed like a ghostly presence. Perfectly harmless. I confirmed this with another couple whom stayed at the inn in the past. The only drawbacks: lack of parking and the noise from the restaurant; especially early in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 May 2009

I brought my husband to the Victoria Inn as a surprise for his birthday. When I reserved our stay, I booked the Tapestry room, one of the smaller and more affordable rooms. When we arrived, the Inn was pretty vacant (it was a Monday) so they so graciously upgraded us to the Wisteria Cottage...a HUGE upgrade! The room (or suite) was gorgeous and we were so grateful that they upgraded us. It made for a fantastic night! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful and we loved how the Inn was located right in the heart of downtown. This is a fabulous hotel and we will definitely be coming back!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2009

We are repeat visitors at the Victoria Inn. This past January we stayed in the Veranda Room which was actually a couple of blocks from the inn itself. We were staying almost a week and were pleased to find a beautiful apartment with lots of light. There was a lovely balcony over looking the village. The kitchen was fully equipped with coffee and tea provided. The dining room table could easily seat 6 with additional seating at the kitchen counter. The bed was comfortable with nice linens, and great pillows. There was a roomy walk in closet, and a well lit bathroom with 2 sinks and a nice shower. It was a short walk to the inn each morning to enjoy the continental breakfast of scones, lox and bagles, yogurt, cereal, and fresh fruit. There is also a convenient computer station in the hotel where I was able to catch up on emails, and print boarding passes. The Verana Room was a great location for an extended stay, with plenty of parking behind the building. It is situated within walking distance of the local market., cute shops downstairs and close to great restaurants. The staff at the Inn are always very accomodating and friendly. We also enjoyed a fantastic lunch at the V Restaurant.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2008

The staff of this bed and breakfast are terrible. After a knock on the door to have the room cleaned, I yelled out nicely to come back later from the bathroom. This is a standand response in any hotel situation when you are not ready for the room to be cleaned. 20 minutes later as we are grabbing breakfast downstairs we hear the cleaning staff complaning about "the people in room 9" (us) that yelled at her and what seemed to be our problem. She proceeed to tell the front desk girl in the lobby and also another person working at the inn. All 3 of the staff laughing and discussing the situation. Not only did we heard her complain about us, paying and current hotel guests but another gentelman heard her openly complain as he sat in the small waiting room eating his breakfast. This was embarassing, unprofesional, indiscrete and nothing like Ive never seen anywhere else. In such a terrible economy, how anyone so rude and indiscrete has a job in hospitality is amazing to me. I would never stay here and and tell everyone I know going to Murphys about this experience.

Stayed: November 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tahoe08
Reviewed 24 September 2008

Just returned from a two day stay. Room 9 was small (that was OK) and much too noisy. It's balcony was above the place where food was delivered and garbage picked up. Could not sleep after 6 AM. Also the hotel ran out of milk for coffee and bagels in the morning. Staff was confused and not helpful. Wi-Fi was slow.

No personal touches at all.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank 1776-1787
Reviewed 21 September 2008

We decided to stay in Murphys on the way from Yosemite to SFO airport, and after looking at reviews and The Victoria Inn’s website I made my decision to stay. We arrived the afternoon of the Tuesday after Labor Day. The Inn was very cute and very clean, and it’s located right on the Main Street. I decided to stay in the Tapestry room. I liked it, but it was small and if we were going to spend more than 1 night I would pick a larger room. Our room was very quiet and sitting out on the balcony was very quiet. Our cute little room had a tiny little balcony where we sat and enjoyed a bottle of Wine we purchased earlier that day from the Ironstone Winery. The woman working the front desk was able to get us (2) wine glasses and a corkscrew, which was so helpful. You’re able to walk to any of the tasting rooms, and restaurants. We were not able to eat the restaurant in the Inn as it was closed, as was the restaurant next to the Inn. The town was very quiet, and when I asked others in the town about it they said it was because the past weekend was a big weekend. I found out from someone in one of the tasting rooms I visited where the happening place in town for Tuesday night and that is where we ate diner, and the end of the evening we had a drink at the Murphy’s Hotel Bar. We woke up the next morning and there was one very impressive continental breakfast. There was everything you could possibly want such as, coffee, juice, yogurt, bagels,fresh fruit, scones, and some other selections I cannot remember. We ate well before our long drive to the airport. It was a very nice relaxing end to our very hectic Californian holiday. There was no TV in the room, which was not a big deal.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jerseyjenn
Reviewed 6 September 2008

We stayed at the Victoria Inn last month for a small family reunion. What a charming place!! I think I had probably the smallest room they have; Skyview, but it was with a bathroom almost bigger than the room itself!. What a treat....it was clean, cozy and utterly charming. Loved the clawfoot tub! My brother and his wife had the room right next door to me; Opi's Cabin, which was great!!. Staff was very friendly.....we could not ask for more. Breakfast in the morning was delicious, which we enjoyed on the outside terrace. Murphy's is a nice little town, and we have family living in the area and visit often, but have never stayed at the Victoria Inn. We will be back!! Thanks again for a fun weekend!!

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murphys
Murphys Suites
#2 of 5 in Angels Camp
Hotel Charlotte
Hotel Charlotte
#3 of 7 in Groveland

Been to Victoria Inn? Share your experiences!