We booked this Inn last year having gone by recommendations on Trip Advisor. it was our last stop on our round trip San Francisco/Seattle. The Inn itself is ideally situated being a 10 minute walk from the main street. It is set in lovely grounds and is well appointed. We chose room 10 from comments on TA and it was quiet, spacious and comfortable.
Upon arrival it was explained the Inn Keepers were newly appointed some 8 weeks ago by the new owners. The Inn had changed hands.
We enjoyed our stay and cannot fault Lee and Debra who were very pleasant but in some regards we did feel that our experience fell short of expectations.
1) Although hot water and tea/coffee is available downstairs non was available in the bedrooms meaning one had to make special trips downstairs to use the hot water flasks.
2) We had been advised on our original Terms and Conditions in November that a Reception would be held between 6 - 7 and Breakfast 8 - 10 in fact the reception was 5 - 6 meaning people were still returning from their days out and breakfast 8.30 - 9.30 a.m.(a limited window of opportunity for a luxury Inn?)
3) A minor point but shampoo/conditioner used the first day were not replaced
4) Only 2 wine glasses in bedroom - no provision for drinking water etc.
5) Bottled water was placed in the room the first day but not the 2nd day
6) Hot Tub out of order
Now it may seem nit picking but with the charge for the Inn being the highest of all our stays and comparing our other stays in particular having stayed at 2 other Inns (so we were able to make comparisons) there was a feeling it fell short of expectations and indeed what had been outlined both in the descriptions of the Inn on its own publicity and the reports on trip advisor last year when we booked.
That said we did go on an excellent wine tour with Platypus Tours and dined at Angele and Celadon which were both exceptional and enjoyed discovering Nappa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated in 2016, White House offers the chance to have it all during your Napa Valley vacation. White House is a unique blend of downtown Napa inn and refreshingly modern wine country boutique hotel. We feature a relaxing, resort-style feel with lovely grounds, pool, and hot tub... but also offer walkable access to Napa's best restaurants, shops, tasting rooms, and night life. With a new, modern look and an old-style welcome, it truly is the best of both worlds. Our historic, 17-room boutique hotel features contemporary decor and stylish details - perfect for a Napa Valley getaway, downtown Napa vacation, anniversary or simply to get away. We know that life moves quickly -- as our guest, we invite you to slow down and drink it all in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your White House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White House Hotel Napa
- White House Inn And Spa
- White House Napa, Napa Valley, CA