“Great location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Great location”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

This hotel is in the Oxbow market neighbourhood, where you can find neat little eateries. The Wine Train station is just across the street. Also you can take a ten-minute walk to Main Street, where the major restaurants are. It is a very nice, convenient location.
Service was average, but the valet parking attendants were all very friendly and efficient. The so called daily wine tasting in the lobby was not worth attending though. It was mostly just for one particular winery.
We thought the rate for the hotel was high, but upon comparison, it was no worse than the decent ones in the area.

Room Tip: Corner suites are larger, but ask for one that does not face the streets. Rooms facing the garden an...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 6 October 2012
Thank you for this great review and feedback for our future guests. I agree that our location is one of my favorite parts of the hotel. It is easy to walk everywhere but removed enough that there is the ability to have a slightly secluded feel in many of the rooms.

Also for those that are thinking of visiting and find the prices a bit high, I would recommend our Cabernet season from late November-May. The rates are lower, the valley is less crowded and the wines are great.

We’ll hope to see you back again soon,
Service Express Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
seattle
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I recently visited Napa valley for our anniversary. Overall I would give this Westin property high marks. We arrived late on an Friday night, and got checked in quickly and up to our room. We had a complimentary plate of chocolate covered strawberries, very nice. Room was clean and very functional for a traditional king size. Picked up some brochures in the lobby for wine tasting tours. Utilized the pool/spa and found them to be very nice. Restaurant for breakfast was great. Complimentary Starbuck coffee for SPG Gold members.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vandalboz
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 22 September 2012
Thank you for the review and the feedback for future travelers. Happy anniversary and we’ll hope to see you back soon.

California
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

I am a huge SPG fan, and have been visiting the Westin Verasa about once per year since they opened 5 or so years ago. Disappointingly, the service at the hotel has gone way down in the last year or two. The restaurant is still great - very high marks. The hotel cleanliness us good, but the service and staff attitude has gone downhill. In addition, pricing is not teflective of what this is: it is a hotel, not a resort and not the upper tier of wine country accommodation. It is a fine place, but I would look elsewhere and use this as a last resort if you are a discerning traveler.

• Stayed September 2012
I’d like to apologize for the recent negative experiences you had while staying with us and thank you for the feedback you provided. Service is one of our primary focuses and I want to do my best to ensure that this won’t happen again to any future guests. If you would be interested in sharing any specifics on where you experienced service issues I would encourage you to email me directly at nbaslaw@westinnapa.com.

Lastly, I will be passing along your appreciation to our F&B team and I’ll hope to hear from you soon.

Coquitlam, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2012

My wife, brother and sister-in-law do an annual trip to Napa in August and we have stayed at the Westin Verasa Napa the last three years. While the property is beautiful and has a great location -- a short stroll to the Oxbow Market and neighbouring shops, a longer walk to downtown Napa and an easy drive to Silverado Trail and hundreds of wineries -- what makes the Verasa a wonderful place to stay is its exceptional staff. From the valets to the front desk staff to the cleaners and the concierge (Royce-Ann rules), every single person is friendly, enthusiastic, professional and attentive to guests' needs.
Let me share one small example of the level of service: I used the hotel gym one morning and, afterwards, the water cooler ran out as I was filling my cup. I strolled by the front desk to let them know the cooler was empty and the young woman working there said staff were aware and someone was on their way to put in a fresh container. Then she offered be a bottled water. Now, some will no doubt complain online how terrible it was that the gym ran out of water; I have to say that staff member handled a very small inconvenience wonderfully.
As for hotel facilities, they're topnotch. The pool area is very comfortable (although we don't go to Napa to sit by the pool), the Bank bar is great and the bartenders friendly and knowledgeable about wines, beers and spirits, and La Toque, well... We didn't go there this year but did in 2011 and had probably the most amazing restaurant meal of our lives. It's a high-end restaurant and well worth the cost for an exceptional meal.
The only questions you really need to ask about a hotel, however, are these: Would you stay there again and would you recommend it to friends? Yes, and yes.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rich-COQ
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 16 September 2012
Thank you for this incredible review. I have shared your kind words with our entire staff and we truly appreciate hearing such great feedback.

Many thanks, have a great rest of your summer and we’ll hope to see you again next year.

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Nice place, very clean, layout is very strange and not really customer friendly.
Could use a little more cutomer service training with thier employees.
4 days and 4 adults staying in a two bedroom 2 bath
and they only give 2 coffees for us every day??
Seemed to have problems getting the used food trays out of the hall ways too

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 15 September 2012
Thank you for the review and I’m sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us. I have spoken to my staff about the importance’s of making every guest interaction special and I have also talked to the housekeeping department about the inventory levels for all guest room amenities and the collection of in room dining trays.

Thank you for the feedback and although it wasn’t a perfect stay, if your able to make it back again, I can ensure that your next visit is much more relaxing and renewing

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Top of the Line in NAPA, staff, location, rooms, pool top of the line as expected from a Westin. Both restaurants at the Westin compare with just about anything in NAPA. You don't even need to leave if you don't want to. Pool was very nice, and service great. Room is large, clean and upscale.

Got a large bottle of wine while in town, and called back to the hotel and they sent the shuttle to take it back for me so I didn't have to carry it around.

Valet brought my car to me and it was white but not the right model or brand, have to laugh as he insisted it was my car.

You can walk to downtown and do everything from here, top vote if you are doing NAPA proper.

Room Tip: Had a pool side room , but I think it doesn't matter NAPA is quiet and all rooms would be good...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
This sounds like a great trip and thank you for the feedback. I’m sorry for the confusion when your vehicle was brought around but it sounds like it ended up as an entertaining mistake.

We’ll hope to see you back soon and enjoy the end of the summer.

Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 11 September 2012 via mobile

This is a great property. The pool and hot tub are just the right size. This is not a huge hotel which I loved. The kitchenette is modern and convenient - mini fridge, microwave, dishwasher, just well equipped. A bakery, burger place (expensive fast food) and Oxbow Market within a 5 min walk. Wine tasting on the lobby most evenings was a fun perk. Don't listen to the negative reviews. Oh, I almost forgot the parking guys are super friendly and quick.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for the great review and feedback. You present some great tips for our future guests, and I know it’s a long trip but we’ll hope to see you back here on your next visit to the Napa Valley.

Service Express Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!