“Good food & service”

The Westin Verasa Napa
Ranked #7 of 29 Hotels in Napa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 18 November 2012

My husband and I spent the first half of our honeymoon at this hotel, and we had a great stay. Our room was nice, with high ceilings and a comfortable bed. The bus boys and valets were super friendly and offered helpful local recommendations. The free nightly wine tastings in the lobby were fun and, although we didnt get to eat at La Toque, the hotel restaurant Bank, which shares staff & kitchen space with la Toque, was really great. Finally, the location was pretty unbeatable for exploring Napa and Sonoma vineyards. I hope we can visit again!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2012

Thank you for the review and we love to hear about great guest experiences, especially when they are as special as a honeymoon! I will pass along your feedback to our valet and restaurant team and on your next trip you’ll have to save an evening to dine at La Toque. It’s a once in a lifetime type experience.

Have a great holiday season and we hope to see you again on your next trip to the Napa or Sonoma Valley.

Service Express Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,420)

Reviewed 17 November 2012

In October we planned a celebration event with the Westin Verasa in Napa Valley. It was a wonderful event that went off without a hitch. Our guests made comments on the beauty of the location, the delicious food, and the efficiency of the staff. I would like to personally thank the people I worked with. Judith Perkins on organizing and being their every step of the way. Mateo for creating a relaxing atmosphere for all our guests. The head waiter Josiah, was incredible with his help in a few last minute changes and also how relaxed and effortlessly he made things seem, when I know these events require so much work and precision to be successful. I'm usually nervous about these things, but I completely relaxed and had a great time myself. Much thanks to all that worked that evening on this event. I am happy to refer your venue to others.
Sincerely, Nancy Michaud

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank nancylmichaud

Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback. I will make sure that your thoughts and praise are given to the entire Catering and Banquets Team.

We’ll hope to see you and your group sometime in the near future!

Reviewed 15 November 2012

The staff at the Westin Verasa makes everything easy for their guests. The rooms are nicely appointed, with a small kitchenette for longer staying guests. The bar and common spaces are comfortable and appealing, definitely a nice place to relax with a glass of wine. My only disappointment was not being there long enough to try out what looked like a great pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2012

Thank you for the review and the great feedback to our future travelers. I hope on your next trip to Napa your able to fully indulge in all the hotel and all that wine country has to offer. I recommend a day out wine tasting, dinner at La Toque and a soak in our salt water spa before bed. To me this would be a perfect day in wine country.

Have a happy holidays and we’ll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 November 2012

We were looking for a hotel in Napa that would offer great accommodations at a great location. We found the Westin to be both! The rooms were very comfortable and we had a small balcony overlooking the courtyard with the pol and fire pit. This a a lovely low-rise property right along the Napa River. It was a short walk to the OxBow Market and the Model Bakery. Although you could walk into town in 10 minutes, we decided to take the complimentary shuttle from the hotel. Eugene, the shuttle driver was great, he gave us his cell number and we just called him when we were ready for a pick up after dinner. The parking attendants, specifically Sal and Brett were also very helpful, offering us tips on wineries. Every night from 5pm-7pm the hotel offers wine tastings from a local winery and tapas in the lobby. That was a fun way to start the evening before heading to dinner. The lobbly is lovely and a very comfortable place to relax with a drink or sit out by the fire pit.

Now for the not so perfect...we had a few problems with our room keys that became inactivated about 3x over the 5-nights stay. I was also disappoionted that the front desk did not call our attention to the fact that we would not receive Starwood Points as the names on our hotel reservation (my name) and Starwood Preferrred Guest acct (my Husbands name) did not match. I am now having to work this out directly with Starwood. Last but not least, the valet had an accident with our rental car, denting the side of the car on a pole in the parking garage. This was kind of stressful, but we realize that accidents happen. To the hotel's credit, they handled the matter very responsiby.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for all the great recognition and detailed feedback for our future guests and I apologize for the various issues that you experienced. I will be thanking the staff for a job well done and I will also be speaking with our Engineering team to find out what might have happened with your room keys. Although the deactivation of room keys does happen from time to time, 3 times in one visit shouldn’t.

I would also be interested in making sure that your points are properly rewarded, so please feel free to contact me directly and I will do whatever I can to ensure that your points are credited to your account (nbaslaw@westinnapa.com).

Lastly, I deeply apologize for the inconvenience of having some damage occur to your rental car but thank you for allowing us the opportunity to make sure that it was all taken care of.

Have a happy holidays and we’ll look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

We stayed in several hotels on a whirlwind California adventure, and hands down - this was our favorite hotel. The lobby is beautiful, the room was perfect and homey, the bed soo comfortable. We took advantage of the hot tub and the hotel bar - great drinks. Not a bad thing to say about this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

That sounds like a great trip and thank you for the review. We love to hear about our guests great experiences and the Westin Heavenly Beds are almost always great night’s sleep.

On you next tour of California we’d love to welcome you back and we'll hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

Convenient to wineries, the best restaurants, the wine train, the market and Oxbow the Westin Napa is a good choice. The salt water heated pool and wonderful views add to the experience. Service is excellent and friendly. We will definitely stay here when we return.

Room Tip: The suites have a full kitchen equipped with cooking needs. If traveling with or visiting family con...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends

Thank you for all the excellent review and we love to hear what our guests are experiencing while staying with us. It sounds like a fun trip and we can’t wait to see you on your return visit.

Have a great holiday season and we’ll look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 November 2012

The hotel is not what it used to be...

Over a year ago, I stayed at this hotel and it was a very enjoyable experience. I just did another stay here, and it was disappointing. Several of the staff members were somewhat rude, and overall the feeling of happiness was gone from this property.

There are signs of wear and stains in the bathroom that wasn't consistent with the quality of a Westin. Everything about this hotel has just diminished year after year. So just in comparison, the property has seen its better days and could use some staff re-training on what it means to be a top notch hotel.

And for the platinum amenity, they advise that you can choose breakfast, but they are only able to provide you with cold continental breakfast...cereal and milk. There isn't even an option to get a hot breakfast (they say the restaurant on property is not owned by them...which is a huge copout). THIS IS WORSE THAN YOUR TYPICAL MOTEL 6, as most discount places even offer you something nicer. Last year, they were able to offer hot breakfast as part of your platinum amenity...so disappointing for such a former grand dame.

On the bright side, the additional wineries that were supposed to have been arranged were done well

Room Tip: I have only stayed here in trips on napa weekends the past few years, next year I am considering sta...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your detailed feedback about your experiences and I’m sorry for the various issues and concerns that occurred during your stay. Guest service is our top priority and is a constant focus of all our hotel trainings. Having staff that are deemed “somewhat rude” is unacceptable and I will be speaking with our entire team.

I also want to emphasize the importance of our Platinum and other elite SPG members. The new SPG amenity options, released in March of this year, has been a great upgrade. The new Gold amenities and the change in Platinum choices has been a great enhancement. As you mentioned, Starwood did add the complimentary continental breakfast option which is one of the 3 choices and most likely the best value for our property. The breakfast is good for up to 2 people and is a great base for a day wine tasting. If the basic continental isn’t enough, we can always add some additional items off the menu and you would only be responsible for those items.

I know your most recent stay wasn’t exactly how you anticipated or expected but I can guarantee a better visit next time if you would be willing to give us another shot.