“Great stay in Napa”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Canada
“Great stay in Napa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed in a 2 bedroom suite with some friends and had a great stay. The suite is big with 2 separate rooms and bathrooms, fully equipped kitchen and living/dining area. There is also a balcony. Suite has safe, iron and free wi-fi. Nice pool area and gym (although quite busy in the morning). There is a 20$ resort fee per day which also includes valet parking. Friendly staff.
Hotel is within walking distance to Napa centre and very close to Oxbow Market (for good food).

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 15 June 2013
Nathalie D:

Thank you for the great review and beautiful photos of your visit. It’s always nice to not only have the description but the photos really add to the review to show our readers an unbiased guest experience.

The other part of your review is that you stayed in one of our 2 bedroom suites. I say it all the time but the experiences that families and friends have while staying in the 2 bedroom suites is always better than any other. They offer almost 1200 sq feet of living space, 2 full bedrooms and bathrooms and a full kitchen. I can’t think of any other way to stay at our property with a group of friends or family.

Lastly is you mentioned our resort amenity fee which I truly feel is a much better deal for our guests. It includes all valet parking, internet, the hotel shuttle in the evenings, wine tasting each evening, the pool, gym and much more.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again on your next trip to Napa.

Service Express Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (288)
  • Korean first
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

I booked a King Suite for my daughter's honeymoon, carefully and repeatedly going over every part of the reservation. Because it was my treat, I called back to pay for the room in advance. When I did, I was told that she had been booked into a handicapped room. This was absolutely not the reservation I had made and confirmed. I escalated the issue to a "supervisor" at Westin, and it was not taken care of. Instead, they gave me a "file number" and said "someone" would call back in 72 hours. There was no one who could deal with the problem. If you make a reservation with Westin, don't think that you have one. Incidentally, they admitted that they had the room I actually booked available, but they wanted an additional $120 per night. Even escalating to Westin's National Customer Service was met with a complete stonewall.

Room Tip: There is no way to know what will happen at check in, and there appears to be no way to correct a pr...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 9 June 2013
Michael P:

Thank you for the feedback and I’m truly sorry for the issues you experienced with our Westin/Starwood reservation system. We here at the Westin Verasa Napa take this type of feedback very seriously and I would be glad to try to assist in any way that I can to make sure that your concerns are addressed. If you would like to contact me directly, please feel free to email me at nbaslaw@westinnapa.com.

Further to your concern about the reservation making process, I’m pretty confident that everyone that you spoke with about making your daughters honeymoon reservation was located in our national reservation/customer service center. We do very few reservations here on property outside of the day of arrival reservations and our central reservations centers handle most of our bookings.

Lastly, if you could pass along your file number or any other information you might have I would be glad to assist in resolving your concerns.

I look forward to hearing from you.

North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I recently spent 3 nights at the Westin Verasa and it exceeded my expectations. The 2 bedroom suite was immaculate, and the staff were gracious and attentive. It was located a short walk to downtown Napa, and in close proximity to many vineyards. Pool area was clean and comfortable. A great experience and hotel all in all.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Ballabee73:

Thank you for the great review and the feedback for our TripAdvisor readers. It’s always great to hear about the wonderful trips our guest have in Napa and it sounds like you had a great one.

Hopefully your able to come back sooner than later and enjoy a great summer up in the beautiful Northwest.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel in the Fall of 2010 and it was fantastic. This is why I decided to give it another try.
The Valet staff were EXCEPTIONAL. However the towels in my room were a little worn and the furniture in the common area could use an update. Considering how much the rooms cost, I was a bit disappointed.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here ask for a room that has a view of the pool or bocce court.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank browngirl45
Browngirl45:

Thank you for the review and I’m sorry that the property is not as great as you remember it. On a more positive note I will be passing along your feedback to the valet staff.

Lastly I will be presenting your thoughts to the housekeeping team and to our management team about the towels and the lobby furnishings.

I hope your able to give us another shot and I can guarantee that if it’s 3 more years before your next visit it will be back to the level you experienced in 2010.

San Ramon, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Not only is this all around a great hotel, but it also allows dogs! The usual dog friendly hotels we stay at are pretty crummy and a little gross. But this place is completely the opposite! Great staff, close to downtown napa, great pool, comfy beds and very clean.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Nicole H,

Thank you for the great review and for highlighting one of our great amenities, guests bringing their 4 legged friends. I’m also a dog owner and I agree that many properties that allow dogs are a bit less than desirable and I can ensure anyone reading this that unless you see one of our 4 legged guest it would be very hard to ever know that they are allowed on property.

I hope that your travels bring you back to the area again soon and have a great summer.

Californie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed at the Westin Verasa for one night for a work-related conference. I wish I could have stayed longer; the 1-king suite was wonderful. I enjoyed my stay very much. The front desk was helpful when I asked about routes for a morning run.
I know it's a small thing but I appreciated that there was complimentary water bottles in the room.

Room Tip: Sorry, but I do not know enough about the hotel to give tips for choosing a room.
Green Features: I always appreciate that they give you the option of not getting new towels etc. However, when staying only one night it doesn't matter anyway.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
Fonduelady,

Thank you for the feedback about the room and our service. It’s great when people come for work and it ends up being a great trip. We’ll hope next time you come visit you can mix in a little more pleasure in with the work at hand.

We’ll look forward to seeing you next time.

Naples
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013 via mobile

Good value but they were removing / replacing wall paper in front of our room. Woke us up daily and was very noisy throughout our stay. The hallways were a war zone with construction debris. Told Miquel the front desk manager, emailed him pictures, and no reply or apology.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank Dr. Gordon V
Dr. Gordon V:

Thank you for taking the time to provide us and our TripAdvisor readers an account of your experience while staying with us and I’m sorry for not only the wall paper replacement project but for the lack of follow through on the part of our management team. I have spoken to my team to ensure that guest concerns are addressed immediately and that these types of situations are handled in a timely fashion.

I believe I have sent an email to you directly to try to help address any further concerns that you may have but if you would be interested in contacting me directly please feel free: nbaslaw@westinnapa.com.

I’ll look forward to the opportunity ofhearing from you and I'm again sorry for the inconvenience.

Service Express Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
Bardessono
Bardessono
#2 of 6 in Yountville
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,280 reviews

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!