“Best Westin Stay Ever!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best Westin Stay Ever!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I travel a lot with my husband, who is an SPG Executive Platinum member, so we have stayed at quit a few Westins. So far, the Westin Verasa Napa is my FAVORITE Westin. We stayed in one of their one bedroom suites, which wasn't an upgrade. We paid regular price for it. I mention this, because we didn't get any "special" treatment for being Exec Platinum. We were just treated very well, like every other guest at the hotel. The suite had an ample sitting area and a full kitchen with everything we needed to cook a fantastic dinner (if we chose to). Unfortunately, Napa is full of incredible restaurants, and our kitchen was used very little. The bed was Westin standard, of course, and the "heavenly" comfort made it difficult to get out of it every morning.

Everyone from the cleaning staff to the concierge was so hospitable. We were greeted whenever we walked by the front desk, most of the time by name, and the one night we sat at the bar for dessert, Garth the bartender treated us like family. (By the way, the Pavlova was AWESOME!)

The concierge team was so helpful when it came to selecting wine tastings and tours. Royce Ann was so sweet, and she helped me plan a couple of enjoyable days of wine tasting. She also recommended "My Napa Guide" as a designated driver service, and they were great, too.

The amenities at the hotel are spectacular. The biggest and best hot tub I have ever seen, and because the weather is starting to get cooler, we had it to ourselves most of the time. You can't beat the hotel's location, either. A couple of minutes walk to the center of town or to the famous Oxbow Market, which contains shops and unique places to eat.

Would I stay here again? You bet! We have to come back to Napa next year, and even if the company doesn't choose the Westin for their event, I intend to make sure we add a few days onto the trip so we can stay here.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the first floor. It was easy to get to but far enough away from...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
WestinNapa_CA, Front Office Manager at The Westin Verasa Napa, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Susan F:

Thank you for the great review and we do our best to ensure every guest gets VIP treatment, and it sounds like your experience at the hotel was a great one. We have the mindset that our service is what’s going to differentiate us from our competitors, but the Heavenly bed is an added bonus.

It sounds like your trip was a little bit of a mix of business and pleasure and we’ll hope that your able to make another trip sooner than later and enjoy Napa to the fullest.

Thank you again and we hope you have a happy holidays.

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Korean first
Boston
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I'm writing this review while in the middle of five nights at the Westin. First of all the location is terrific for walking to Oxbow Market and even to downtown Napa. It's right in the banks of the Napa river and there's a great river walk behind the hotel. We booked a one bedroom 650 sq ft suite. Our room (1020) is on the first floor near the Bocce courts (the quiet side of the hotel). Our room has a great little kitchen area with microwave, twin burner hotplate, fridge and dishwasher, granite counter and well stocked flatware and utensils (though with Oxbow so close you may not want to bother cooking). There's a dining area as well as a sitting area with TV & Xbox360. The rooms have very high ceilings giving it a lovely airy feel. The bathroom has a spacious shower and nice deep bathtub. The separate king bed is perhaps the most comfy bed I've slept in ... I felt like I was being cocooned. The A/C /heat works great and is not at all noisy. The room has a nice patio area outside that gets the early morning sun rising over the eastern mountains.

The service in the hotel is wonderful. Everyone is really helpful and friendly. The heated pool is warm even in November and the giant hot tub easily accommodates 20 so with just a few people in it won't feel at all crowded.

The hotel bar - Bank - serves a great continental breakfast (SPG Platinum guests can get this free). Drinks and food at Bank are on the pricey end so you may want to take a stroll to Oxbow market if you are on a budget.

Valet parking at the hotel is included in the $20 resort fee, which also includes wifi. Of course if you are a platinum member you get free wifi anyway so the resort fee seems over the top if you're not parking a car.

Overall we love the newness of the hotel and the architecture is really suited to the area. It has a very relaxing feel. This is definitely going onto my list of SPG favorites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near the Bocce court if you want to be on the quiet side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
NigelMA:

Thank you for the awesome review and I’m sorry I am a couple weeks late on reading this. I would have loved the opportunity to introduce myself.

We love all the great feedback and the rooms on the first floor are my favorite because of the high ceilings which no matter how big or small the room is, it adds a great open feeling and makes every room much more relaxing.

I know Boston is a long trip to Napa but we’ll hope to see you on your next trip out west!

Boca Raton, Florida
Reviewed 29 October 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

We had a beautiful two bedroom suite in this fairly new hotel; it has a great location. We were treated to warm and excellent service. The bed was also very comfortable. It has very close proximity to the the riverwalk area as well as other restaurants and shops.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank jsmorris707
Jsmorris707:

Thank you for the great review and I’ve said it many times but the two bedroom suites are usually a bit more expensive but they are always going to give our guests the best stay possible. I know traveling to Napa from the east coast is a long trip but we’ll hope to see you back again soon.

Dayton, Ohio, USA
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Spent my honeymoon there. I emailed the manager for an upgrade, he responded back with a conformation. When we arrived, we were surprised that they upgraded us to one of the corner suites, and the room is huge. We enjoyed our stay very much. Will definitely come back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Philip W:

Congratulations on your recent marriage and we love to hear about our guests special occasions spent here at the hotel.

It sounds like a wonderful stay and we’ll hope to see you on your next visit here to the Napa Valley.

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I try to go to Napa every year and this was our second time staying at this property. This year we notified the front desk a few days before our arrival that we would be celebrating our anniversary during our stay. Upon check-in we were upgraded to a one bedroom king suite and for a few dollars more I was able to get their premier one bedroom king suite. The premier suite has an extra bathroom/shower in the living area. The room has a full kitchen and great balcony that overlooked the pool area. The pool area was beautiful with a large spa and regular pool. The hotel location is pretty much in Napa's downtown area with a short cab ride or long walk making all those tasting rooms and restaurants accessible. We rented a car and valet parked it during the stay. The valets were quick and helpful with directions, etc. Our only thing we would change about the trip would be to stay longer...we stayed two nights and it felt too short. Next time we will stay 3 or 4 nights so we can experience more vineyards and relax by the pool. Eat at Morimotos, Ad Hoc, and Botegga--you won't be disappointed!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Patrick H:

Thank you for the great review and I must say that this sounds like an incredible trip. I think that with the room, the activities you did and the restaurants you mentioned, Napa really doesn’t get any better.

We’ll hope to see you again next year and for hopefully for at least 4 days.

Thank you again and happy holidays.

Ft. Worth
Reviewed 26 October 2013

If I didn't know I was staying in a chain hotel, I would have thought I was in a cozy hideaway lodge. The hotel did not have the cookie-cutter business feel of other Westin corporate hotels. The lobby, lobby bar & outside pool areas felt more like a resort than a hotel. The rooms were big with a small kitchenette & even the bathroom was spacious, well lighted & loved the double shower head. Skip La Toque restaurant!

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool are lovely but noisy.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Yon57:

Thank you for the great feedback and awesome review for us and our TripAdvisor readers. Although our property didn’t feel like your typical Westin, we love to hear that you enjoyed it just the same or even more. The pool and hot tub area is a great place to start or end a day here in Napa and the rooms are typically larger and more comfortable than most others in the area.

Lastly, I’m sorry that your La Toque restaurant experience wasn’t what you were expecting but if you have any future plans on visiting us here in the Napa Valley I encourage you to give it another try as it is the only Michelin starred restaurant in the town of Napa and is known for incredible food and equally great service.

We’ll hope to see you soon and happy holidays.

Oakland, California
Reviewed 26 October 2013

book this place after a day of wine tasting trip. great location, walking distance to all the food places and next to the train station. Environment is great, service is great. Their heated pool close pretty late, huge hot tub. room is clean, great dual shower head which was cool. nothing to complain about. definitely holds up the name Westin

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Stephen S:

Thank you so much for your great review and awesome feedback for our TripAdvisor readers. Our local Bay Area guests have the luxury of the Legendary Napa Valley wine country right in their backyard, and it’s great to hear about a weekend trip to visit us.

Being that you’re not traveling from too far away, we’ll hope to see you back sooner than later.

Happy holidays,
Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Napa
Andaz Napa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
Villagio Inn and Spa
Villagio Inn and Spa
#6 of 6 in Yountville

Been to The Westin Verasa Napa? Share your experiences!